Chapter 11- Towards Academy
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ Sword Blade, what do you think of him this time”

Said Chlea Palter

“ A spineless coward”

“ Madam  I recommend don’t give him a spot”

“ For your stability it is essential to win the game”

“ I know, but to gamble is sheer form of entertainment”

////

My idea to impress a knight is not a bit successful, so what, I will prove it to her by passing Elite level Examination. To prove her she is wrong I will go all out. For my Future happiness I will show her my best side.

Today I will improve my relationship with Catherine. I will always be in the front, saving her from all  the difficulties. Today I will be the shield of her, MY solid Broad Shoulder for her to lay on. I will tread on the mountains of swords for her.

With these thoughts I determined I am ready for the action. I checked my brand new black coat, with black mountain pants loaded with round bullets courtesy of Areena, short sword, S- Shaped dagger, water bottle and Jerky. I will be the portable bag for her, at last I put on my black faceless Mask and set out.

She is standing there with her wand, and those trademark long hats and white jasmine skirt, she looks cute, when she saw me she raised her hand and beckoned me.

Yes, she beckoned me, I raised my steps as I got closer to her.

“ Hey, everything is ready right”

“ Yes, I am fully ready”

“ Okay”

“ Um,What are we waiting for”

“ we are waiting for our partners”

‘ So I was not the only partner, I hope they are all girls, if not I will show them who is the Boss.

We waited for a while, before I started she asked me, 

“ Are, you the follower of Chlea Paltera”

“ Um, Technically”

“ And you”

“ Me, I am her 4th student”

“ Is there will be 5th”

“ Perhaps there will be in the future”

“” So you are the youngest one”

“ Yes”

“ When did you meet her”

“ it’s a long story”

“ Hm, can you explain”

“ Yes, perhaps after we pass the exam”

“ ok”

‘My will to pass the Exam improved a percent higher'

“ So you are a wizard”

“ Yes”

“Um, how did you become one”

“ It’s a natural process”

“ You don’t need to think too much, when you  reach level 1,  you can choose what Profession you need to start”

“ The first step, to feel the air is difficult; when you  reach the first steep, you get a direction where you want to go”

I nodded a little to break a smile from her, she is amiable and kind. Unknowingly my lips started to curve.

The men and women walked towards us.

The women she is as beautiful as Catherine, having a sunny smile plastered  her  face, she is holding out a tall guy, who fit perfectly for her.

As for the other one I selectively ignored him as he is an ape. He will squeeze me to pulp if I go near him.

They ignored me, I wanted to do some handshake and introduce myself, but how they acted made myself to think again.

Silence filled the air

“ OK guys, I do not want any form of conflict from you guys”

“ For now we are a team, So I would believe you would all behave like a team”

“ If you want, you can introduce each other”

Silence

“ Ok, Blade, you don’t need to mind, She is Clara, she is  a healer, and her boyfriend Fred, and this is um Fly”

‘ A big oily Fly. I made sure I had my mask on once again to confirm they could not see my expression’

He gave a snort as he reached for his axe for a second before letting me go.

My back started having cold sweat, oh my fly will make me cry.

From the way he looks, I think he is  a berserker.

So the me who wanted to  prove his greatness stood behind their back.

I haven’t seen Royal Academy, so I am anticipating how it would look like.

They arranged a carriage with two lightning horse, I wanted to know why there is any need of a carriage, all we need to go is Grand Alchemist House.

I am sitting beside the fly and the guy with a girlfriend is sitting beside Catherine.

How is that possible Leaving me with a burly man and him having a girlfriend is sitting beside a girl, is there any justice in the world.

 “ So what level are you fly”

“ Blade it is rude to ask someone’s level”

“ Sorry about that”

////

It took me a while, as I readied myself for the next series of action to take. I remembered those miraculous situation, living out from the jaws of the death. For the second time I am willing to go out to the death.

In spite of all the situation, these humiliation I suffer all are remembered. I will them look u p to me, as I thought of all these. We reached Chlea Paltera house, she is with Areena wearing Ring Empire Emblem in their Breast with the Golden attire.

Areena is spectacularly in golden knight outer garment. She looked Brave. I wanted to talk to her but we are led into a portal, Within an instance I could fell my whole muscle being squeezed, but before that happens I am in a special protection field.

I looked at her with gratitude and refocused on the front. I looked around only to find we are on top of the position. I focused my eyes on where people are lined upon line. I could see worse clothing guys, I could see many hunters and seductress in them, they are at least thousands upon them.

I watched as seven colours are in different direction, as I am standing in the green colour, I wanted to look who were in the other colours.

I stared hard yet I couldn’t see anything. I looked at others if they could explain something to me. They id notice me, they might have guessed it, yet they remained silent about it. So I could only consider they could be other important member of the Empire.

I refocused my gaze down below, I gazed by many or is that my belief. I did not need much time to confirm that, as I heard an Old Man voice reverberating in the stadium.


“ Examinees March forward”

“ As he said that, a portal big enough to engulf an elephant is formed in the seven direction. I watched as thousands of men and women marched into different direction, they moved orderly as they were held immovable by a bright force.

I concluded it for normal level.

Seven Screen were formed in different direction. I can see the members are all alert. As I thought I could watch live action fight, even though it is non life threatening. I could at least study the future competitors. I relaxed a bit as I am not the one fighting. As the wrestlers fight in the arena  I could watch as a spectator. So do I thought but-

“ You also participate Blade”

What! I didn’t even have a time to react before I am thrown into the green portal. I didn’t even understand a bit why is this happening.

“ Madam, was it worth it”

Said Areena.

“ If he dies in normal mode, he naturally doesn’t have the qualification in the elite mode”

“ So why humiliate him”

I want to humiliate him, he is my toy, toy is made to be played”

“ He doesn’t even know the rules’

“ Rules are adaptable”

“ A boy who can survive own his own, must have his own experience”

“ I want to watch what tricks are he going to play”

“ A play made by a toy”

“ If he survives, those nasty people who complained why not select them would keep their mouth shut”

“ Do you think I would be merciful enough to  provide him protection and shelter from his enemies while he plays soy sauce”

“ How dare he use my name to buy his equipment, do you think I Chlea Paltera is his friend”

“ What a guts, Let him show his guts now”

“ Humph”

/////

I am being watched by these many eyes, I readied my stance nobody made a move. It is a movement where I think my heart would jump out of my mouth. If not for the announcement.

“ All participants get ready”

“ Start”

Atleast there should ne numbering right oh whatever I watched other competitors vanish from their place.

After I opened my eyes, I am standing in a stair case with numbers written on it. I watched my left and right to find there are other participants like me standing I front of their own particular stair case.

I am wondering what to do as I could see no end to it.

“ Star” I heard the Old Mans Voice.

I thought about it for a second as I watched how others are going up too, I took my first step.

The steps are normal I could easily  handle it, there is no any gravitation as I thought there would be.

I went on and on as I reached the 200 steps left and right some are steadily walking, some are running as if they are in a marathon, I too wanted to run but majority of them did not so I too did not do anything beyond the norm.

As I reached 400 steps some number dwindled, My body is sweating a lot, but it is not unbearable.

I am always focused, my foot are steady, I slowly stepped towards 500th, the stair case is numbering my steps as I walk upon it. As I reached 100th the number even dwindled further, yet there are man y of them who are left.

My feet’s started shaking a lot, my breathe ragged a lot, I many time wanted to take off my masks and take a deep breath, yet the mark on my face reminded me of the betrayal among us there are chances that life and death can break out.

1