chapter 22-A bittersweet exchange.
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Catherine POV-

Many times I wondered whether  associating with him would yield into any result, first time when I met him he was just a special youth,  I know lady Paltera wont let anyone enter into her mansion.

 I was flustered by his immature attitude, but I know these types of boys would be flattered by my innocent appearance.

With my little bit of goodwill he became  immediately  indebted toward me; as I thought he showed his acceptance, and performed well beyond my expectations.

This type of person are cattle’s who dances in the palm of others hand,  I never wanted to associate with this ‘boy’, but as his senior I thought it is better he participate in my party. He performed extremely well beyond his peers.

But

It is not enough.

A person who has no backbone, hiding behind a woman, who has his mouth shut, who has no guts to fight back, must never be associated.

Yet before I could resolve myself, he has already become a legacy continuer. 

I couldn’t understand Why Lady Paltera chose him, I am far better than him, yet Why did Lady chose him, he took away my chance of tying more solid bond with her. 

If I cant tie bond with her, then I will choose another option and it will soon be done in the future, even it makes slightly bend my principles, I can hardly accept it.

A mana stone is worthwhile investment on him, even if the result is unsatisfactory I have to accept it.


Sword Blades POV-

“ Wait!, how can I achieve a Class”

“Blade, you can ask that to the priest herself”

I think it is better to go to the priest ‘herself’ to confirm myself, two birds with one stone, perfect.

The temple in the middle of the Royal Academy shined magnificently with the golden hue, its holy aura naturally radiated bringing a healing effect onto me, the white priestess going in and out of the temple purified my tainted heart. I wanted them to put their hand onto my head to feel the holiness in close proximity, its absolutely not to feel their soft hands.

“Move forward Blade we will wait here”

A priestess welcomed me by leading me to the temple, yes I am able to ascertain that she has high position in the  temple, Nobody told me anything about her. Their eyes showing reverence and piety and the slightly bowed head was all that to concur that she must have an important position in the Royal academy and perhaps even in the empire.

I thought I would become nervous When I thought of interacting with a priestess of such high position for the first time. All I felt was I could lay bare my heart in front of her and she wont ever betray me, a perfect companion who I could spend my lifetime with.

Her appearance was that of any normal beauty I can meet with When walking on a crowded city, but the holiness radiating from her make her on the top list of women whom men want to pursue. I am also one of them. 

Perhaps this is a chance Where I can hit straight for her heart.

“um, please put your hand on the crystal”

I did what she told me to do, the transparent crystal placed on top of white marble pillar shined forth with bursting light.

I felt a something pass  through me, Before I could react the surrounding became dark, myself felt incomparably tiny in front of Many Beastly forms roaming around me ,  I could instinctually feel which path I have to take, some sort of suggestion mechanism worked on me to choose the best of the path I could choose.

The first one had a characteristic of an ant, then a fox..,elephant., then there were beast I couldn’t recognise..,at last I faced the figure of an gigantic beast, showing its outward features as of a Dragon which is depicted in every heroic tale, As I thought I felt kind of familiarity as it was me, all I need was to touch and we will become one.

As I resolved myself, mirage appeared in front of me.

“ Long time no see, How do you do My lovee”

‘smirk’

“ Blade, are you choosing ‘him’?”

“ yeah, isn’t it the best job I could get”

“ yes…, well go ahead”

I feel something fishy is going on.

“oh, ok”

[Initiating The Path Finder System, choosing the best Path for the Final objective]

[ Warning!, Since host has used number of saving grace, the job has been limited to one according to future situation]

[ initiating the job completition..1%,2%..]

“you don’t need to look at me, I will explain to you pleasingly, you should have thought how can you escape your certain death two times, Where an ordinary men would have died a number of times you have survived till now ; Do you think Miracle didn’t need a price”

“you mean my job?”

“Yes, in this case its your job;  Haven’t you heard-a person who crosses a misfortune is struck by the fortune, and you are a person who has effectively escaped death twice, if you have used another means which is close to impossibility maybe you could have the bright path you could never imagine, but you wont travel the path of fortune but only the path of misfortune”

“WHY?”

“The System wont ever destroy the balance of the world”

“you simply are a fool aren’t you?, I will explain more simply with greaat~ example”

“ Everything has a price, if it doesn’t show doesn’t mean it will not take, when the time comes it will take away from you with interest”

“As for Example if your bright future was to become the sole emperor of this continent, then now you can only become a commoner”

“kuku do you understand now?’

“Yes, I understand”

“Mirage, What if I had not involved myself with Jack?”

“ Then, perhaps you would have become a rich man in the empire to live for two generation”

“OH, thank you”

“Now, Despair Blade, I will be watching you by the side, ha~”

0