chapter 29- second floor goblin warrior.
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are times I have thought it was too dangerous without evening considering the consequences, I have accepted without much thought, but it is a good decision at least I can die with my angel.

The shield warriors are having difficulty moving forward as we have passed 25% of the hall, there was not much difficulty as all we have to do was look out for the arrow coming from both sides of the hall. They were shot at a regular interval of  2 minutes, crossing it as a piece of case for the members. Clara has a sudden acceleration spell. Although it has cooled down, she has specially created 2 slots of acceleration magic for me. I am grateful for it.

The most important point is no matter how many arrows are pointed towards us we can deflect it, but if there is another trap the difficulty is increased by several layers.

As I have thought this hall doesn’t only have arrows, there are many places where there are dug pits, a slight mistake and a person can easily fall in death's mouth, but due to rogue skills or because of our luck we managed to find the places where there could be a dug pit.

But what if there is another type of trap we cannot detect, all is based upon one's precision, if a person has no high perception skill he cannot avoid it.

“be careful, there is a trap in front of you move aside”

I left that place and became closer to Catherine when I know even the rogue cannot find that trap. I thanked my fortune, but everybody is not as lucky as me in the situation.

The last knight who was behind the archers has met his misfortune.

His right foot stuck on the ground and couldn’t move, his face covered with sweat tried hard with all his strength to remove his foot, at last of his method he used all his manna on his right foot, only to be blasted by his own manna.

“save me please”

Nobody listened to him, everyone’s life was in his own hands. It may seem cruel but I could feel Catherine was in no position to save him, rather than to suffer from arrows, Catherine ended his misery.

Everyone's face becomes tight from the action of Catherine, nobody dared to oppose her as the most important part lies in her.

I couldn’t believe she casually moved forward after ending a human life, but I think she has experienced far more from her age.

This was not the end.

In the same way the last of knights on the behind met his end.

His right foot also stuck on the ground, but before anybody could do something, fire blasted out of the floor boning his flesh, he remained still alive but the arrows from the wall made him into porcupine.

With the two sacrifices we reached the middle of the hall the poisonous spear protruded after 10 seconds of interval, without even asking if she used an acceleration spell on me, she casted her fist of defence spell on the members who were just behind the rogues.

I could feel the deathly intent from it, Catherine instructed me to go alongside her, she held my hand and I was forced to match her step, my balance tiled a bit but somehow I managed to safely cross the poison spear.

Unfortunately the hardship of shield warriors have only begun, they couldn’t properly black the barrage of arrows, it seems the mage is aloes preparing for a large spell, they became more desperate nib crossing over but misfortune never left their place, without heeding the warning of rogues, one of the shield warriors blatantly dashed forward.

The result being the fireball from the goblin mage hitting only him, his sac rife led us to have a breathing time.

At this time Catherine also started top chant her freeze spell. 

The goblin unit under the command of sword warriors moved forward, without heeding the arrows hurling towards them, like Clara the goblin mage has used a defence spell on his comrade.

In the middle of the hall the goblin warriors barraged with Shield Warriors, they could successfully hold  them back for a moment but it doesn’t seems they could hold on forever.

Catherine ordered “ fall back”

Clara used her second defence slot for the protection of knights who are charging forward, our protection is nil this, if even one arrow mange to pass by, I will be in danger, but timely the three shield warriors surrounded us for our protection.

They surrounded Catherine, since I was with Catherine I am protected too.

Fred and Fly fought the goblin warrior of level 25 and the rest of the knights fought the 20 goblin minions under him. 

The battle is a bloody one, I could ever imagine, the knights fought with life on their line, holding out with 20 goblins which seems impossible now seems possible, when life is on the line.

The knights and goblin fell one by one, the goblin warrior fought hard with fly and Fred, the combo of duo put the goblin warrior at disadvantage, with rising morale, I cheered for their victory along with me, the archers and rogues cheered for their comrades.

When the goblin feels winning is impossible, they lure us into thinking that they are retreating, but it is a trap.

Chiwick chiwick chiwick

As we thought of chasing them, the five goblins sacrificed their lives and threw their spears towards the remaining shield warriors. 

They succeeded in defending it properly, but it is a feint, the real deal was the goblin warrior. The red hot body was a particular sight it dashed forward with all its might Fred and Fly tried to block him, but all were for naught, it swiftly passed through the opening of knights and attacked the disoriented shield Man, in two slashes it killed the two shield man, with last dying groan they went to afterlife.

 Only one shield warrior remained between us, I was scared stiff, but somehow I moved my legs and raised my sword if the last shield man couldn’t properly hold it off.

0