chapter 30- second floor, death of goblin warrior.
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The red heat emanating from the goblin warrior struck fear in me as I saw it's hideous face. It is right in front of me, the shield warrior has a sword gauged deeply in his right shoulder, but still he captured the goblin by it shoulder. 

Without holding any of my strength I swung my sword right across its neck, but it bit with its teeth, and passed a nasty grin, without even giving more time to respond, the sword broke from its teeth.

I swung once again with the broken sword right across, its mouth when it moved its face, to catch the sword, I left the sword in its mouth, but it doesn’t seems it has any intention to stop there, it forcefully swung off the shield man and moved forward, even though it was out of steam it is still an opponent I cannot face right now.

Luckily Fred and Fly have already reached back when it has swung the shield man over, without much difficulty they killed off the goblin warrior.

It doesn’t mean they are safe from any injury, Fly’s back has become porcupine from the number of arrows he has to take, Fred is slightly better cause he focuses more on agility rather than strength.

“move quickly”

“we don’t have much time” said Clara

Responding from her alertness we matched our pace and move forward, I took hold of shield warrior in one arm and the badly damaged  shield in another, in place of him I protected Catherine from the arrows on one side and the other side is protected by Fly who with one hand Is plucking off arrows from his back and had one hand with his shield. Fred protected Clara in the same way and Clara repeatedly casted her  healing spell on all the injured ones.

The goblin mage has been chanting for a while and it seems  it will shoot another arrow in any matter of time.

Fortunately Clara has already prepared her large scale spell before the goblin mage can go for another spell.

“Freeze”

The goblin mage broke it spell and try to cast a defensive spell on its comrade, but all chants becomes useless in front of absolute power, Catherine’s Freeze swept over all of the remaining forces, without much difficulty we reached them, they freeze like glass, Fred without much difficulty killed all of them, I am not in a position to say anything but I really wanted to kill them like last time.

“Cathy give me your wand” said Clara

“NO”

“but the situation is too dangerous”

“you absolutely must not overuse your manna”

“I know, but someone needs to take the chance, and I am the best candidate for it”

“Clara, you don’t need to do it, I can do it too”

“No, Fred you know I have the best chance of drawing manna without much penalty”

“but Clara”

“Alright, No need to discuss over it”

“ Blade take my wand, you can give it to them according to the situation”

“yes”

Clara and Fred glared at me, but I didn’t shake, I know if the situation comes up I have to give who is nearest to me, or maybe I could use it myself, but depending on the situation, I do not want to risk my life needlessly.

I couldn’t even get any experience and chances of not crossing the labyrinth have increased, I know Catherine can fight with swords, but if she fights with us, there is no one here who can deal large damage as her.

If there were another member present they could be quarrelling right now, but we were the only one left, The shield warrior is half dead and even after we have healed him, there is no sign of him showing his will to live, maybe he already knows  he will die.

But I think he will willingly sacrifice his life for Catherine.

I couldn’t get any protection device from My Lady, she said I have to experience the danger on my own, if I am dead it is my responsibility, not hers, this could only be the side reason, the main reason being legacy successors cannot have help from their mentors. It could be the trail of the successor, so there is no helping it.

It doesn’t mean Catherine doesn’t have one, but it is a secret and  I do not think it is good that I open my mouth to ask what It could be, I know she doesn’t have any choice in using her secret right now, I pray it is something which can help us out of this dungeon.

I rested for a bit, since I am the weakest one here, I had to rest more, even if I haven’t done anything the mental stress have accumulated a lot, but I couldn’t continue resting further more, as there is chance that monsters might appear out of thin air, and if more monsters appears the chances of accidents occurring is more prevalent.

Catherine stood on the front gate, to push further, but before she did so, she turned back and said 

“this may be our last fight, thank you for supporting me and I am sorry Blade”

“if I haven’t called you your life wouldn’t be in an danger”

“its ok, I am glad I can fight alongside you”

Without any further words she silently pushed out the door.

Even if she dies she will give her best till death and this is the same for her party.

I know there is no turning back, but sometimes it is like that, I don’t have any choice in this matter, but I have to move forward.

I stuck the wand close to my body afraid of it being lost, maybe it is our last hope.

If there is any more army of goblin the chances of us dying is higher, but I hope there is only one enemy to fight. 

When I opened my eyes once again I could see a round hall and a high throne, sitting in there is a goblin warrior, wearing bronze armour and bright red coloured sword hanging on his side.

This was the first time I could feel pressure just by seeing a massive figure. I could understand at first sight the fight will not be easy.

0