13. Guardians
73 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Hi! Starting this September, I will be updating every Wednesday and Friday, due to my classes.

Thank you for reading my story! I hope you leave a comment and a review! 

Have a nice day!

 

Catalina sat in a far end chair in the princess' chambers with her head bowed low and hands shaking in fear. Josephine called her after lunch that the princess wanted to have a word with her. She doesn't know if she would ever come out alive after an audience with the mysterious princess who happened to have some weird abilities. True enough that she was saved by the princess but Catalina also put her in danger.
 
Catalina felt the princess moved towards her, resulting in more trembling of her body. When she saw the shoes of the princess in front of her, she felt frozen in her seat, not knowing what to do.
 
“How are you doing in the palace?” Catherine started that made Catalina feel a little more at ease in her seat.
 
Still with her head bowed low, Catalina answered, “It is great, Your Highness. I am thankful that you gave me this job.”
 
Catherine nodded and pulled herself a chair facing Catalina. Catherine knew that this reaction was clearly unavoidable. She knew that she needed to be patient in order to gain the girl's heart.
 
“Do you think I'm a monster?”
 
Catalina sprung to her feet, moving her head from side to side.
 
“No, no, Y-your H-highness.” Catherine laughed at her reaction while Catalina felt like she just crossed a line. She slowly went back to her seat and bowed her head low, again, feeling embarrassed at what she just did.
 
“I... I want to thank you for s-saving my life.” Catalina fidgeted with her fingers. She's afraid that she might say something that would offend the princess so she wanted to thank her first and plan her survival after.
 
“I'm happy to help.” Catherine smiled as Catalina looked up to see the princess smiling. Catherine is really a beautiful person with a big heart that allows people to opened up to her. Catalina couldn't help but smile back to her.
 
“But I certainly know that you have a few questions yourself. Allow me to explain myself.” Catherine smiled sweetly and looked at the garden through her enormous windows.
 
“A long time ago, there were guardians that stayed in this world to protect the order and keep everything in nature to be in balance. They were called the enchanter and enchantress and they were linked to nature. As the guardians of this world, they were given four abilities- fire, earth, air, and water. They co-exist with the humans living peacefully and in harmony until one day, some humans decided that it was not fair that they were the only ones gifted with such abilities.” Catalina listened carefully and attentively that nothing might get passed her ears.
 
“They harbored ill-intent against the guardians and wanted the power for themselves. When they learned that they cannot inherit the power, they wanted to erase the existence of the guardians in this world, thinking that it is their right to live in a world where guardians are not a threat to them. They persuaded the other humans that guardians will be the end of their race and the humans who opposed their reasoning were killed or burned alive for protecting the threats to their race.” Catalina gasped at what she heard. She could not believe that her own kind did something so awful.
 
“The guardians decided to live in secrecy, away from the prying eyes of the humans and their selfish desires. For centuries, they were at peace but as time continues to pass by, they were getting confused about what they were or who they were supposed to follow and the things that they should do. They fell into chaos, fighting one another and ending their kind. The Blessed One took pity on the creatures he created to guard the humans and sent the one who would end their demise and let them live their own lives, forgetting their purpose to guard the humans. With the silver hair like light and eyes for royalty, the guardians easily accepted the being sent as their ruler and leader to follow all eternity. Or until they die.” Catherine shrugged and lightly laughed ending her story. She looked at Catalina who looked like she was thinking deeply.
 
“Those humans deserved to be hung by the head and be displayed around the city. Poor guardians!” Catalina commented, turning into a completely different person from before who was scared and frightened at the sight of the princess.
 
“You're a human too, Catalina.” Catherine laughed at Catalina's remark.
 
“Oh, right.” Catalina giggled.
 
“I'm glad that you're not terrified of me anymore. I vow that I bring no harm against you humans.” Catherine stated and even raised her right hand. She was like a child trying to get someone to believe her.
 
“I also vow not to tell anyone about this. Your Highness made a really big risk telling me. I would lay down my life just to keep your secret safe with me.” Catalina also raised her right hand, mimicking Catherine's action.
 
“You don't have to go that far but thanks. Really.” Catherine smiled and wrapped her arms around Catalina. She returned the gesture and patted Catherine's back.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry I must've taken a lot of your time.” Catherine released her from the embrace and stood up.
 
“That's alright,” Catalina answered and headed to the door.
 
“Will you be dining again with His Majesty for dinner?” Catalina asked as she held the doorknob in her right hand.
 
“I will be having my dinner here, thank you.”
 
Catalina nodded and left Catherine in her chambers looking out the window.
 
“But the Blessed One must've forgotten that we are also his creations, bounding us to continually protect others and not ourselves.”
 

 
“Everything must be perfect for my daughter's party tomorrow,” Winston ordered to the servants who were lining up in the main hall in the Churchill Residence.
 
“Do not forget that she is your future queen,” Winston added before exiting the hall with a smile and returning to his office with his assistant, Philip. Winston has already set his heart into making his daughter the future queen of the kingdom, regardless of what anyone says.
 
“It is not wise to declare your daughter will be the future queen when the king's betrothed still alive and breathing,” Philip advised as the duke puffed his cigar while sitting in his chair.
 
“There might be a snitch in your residence that we don't know about. Although we know that, let us still be careful until we finish our plans.” Philip added.
 
“Are you lecturing me?” Winston said in a low but cold voice. He stood up and walk towards Philip who was now in his knees.
 
“N-no, M-my Lord. I was ju-” Philip was not able to finish his sentence when Winston swung his right hand across Philip's face.
 
“Do not test me, Philip.” Winston taunted and returned to his seat as Philip stood up to his feet with a cut on his lips, which he wiped with his bare hands.
 
“I apologize, My Lord.”
 
“You may leave.” Winston waved his hands, dismissing the servant he just struck.
 
“A snitch you say.” Winston was interrupted with his thinking when a knock came at his door and Clementine, his daughter emerged from it.
 
“What are you doing here, my darling daughter?” Winston asked and reached for the bell he always uses to call for servants. He moved his hands slightly, making the bell ring and a girl in her teens quickly arrived with her head bowed low.
 
“You call, My Lord?”
 
“Bring us tea,” Winston ordered and the girl immediately exited the office to bring the things Winston ordered.
 
Winston stood from his seat and led her daughter to seat on the couch in his mini living room in the office. When Clementine has settled down in her seat, Winston sat in a big chair beside the couch where Clementine is sitting.
 
“What seems to be the problem?” Winston asked, concerned. Winston thought that Clementine must be excited for her party tomorrow but she came into his office with a worried face.
 
“My servant who visited the palace said that the princess and His Majesty was in a good relationship. They were seen eating lunch together and they even took a walk in the garden! You told me I will be the next queen! What is this? I am the rightful betrothed to the king! I was born for this sole purpose!” Clementine lashed out at his father. Winston stood up and held his daughter's hands trying to calm her down.
 
“Of course, you will be queen, my daughter. I will do everything in power to make that happened. You don't need to worry about it yourself. Your father will definitely keep his promise.”
1