Chapter 4. Taking Flight.
123 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside the mansion, several guards who guarded the perimeter stood like spears without resting for a single second, they felt quite tense because in the living room, the Abyssal King was sitting with his eyes closed and in front of him his generals did not they dared to breathe very hard so as not to interrupt their rest, much less they who were only humble guards.

Suddenly they noticed the silhouette of someone entering the hall, they had never seen him before, but they knew that he was the son of the Abysmal King and Queen Elizabeth, the first hybrid between the abysmal and human race.

Clearing his throat, the man in charge of announcing his arrival screamed "The Seventh Prince of the Abysmal Realm Asherit has arrived", upon hearing this Asherit felt somewhat perplexed to notice that he had at least 6 other alleged brothers.

From what he knew from the books it was the mother of the firstborn who was regularly named Queen and the other couples of the King would be his concubines so he felt a bit strange about this, but he gave no more thoughts to this and kept walking towards the Abysmal King.

Meanwhile different gazes fell on the boy who looked more like a mature young man walking towards them, most of them had hostile glances towards this young prince, but no one made a move.

"I will agree to join the militia on the condition that you do not approach my mother" Arriving in front of the Abysmal King, Asherit commented forcefully and clearly.

"Ha-ha-ha, you are too interesting boy, don't worry I don't have enough time to spend leisure, General Khai enters Asherit in the list of new recruits of his army, follow normal procedures without giving special treatment for his been "Not caring about Asherit's comment, the Abysmal King began to give instructions to his generals and then out of nowhere he took out a dark crystal in the shape of a diamond, sometimes you could see bloody veins throbbing around him, when seeing this diamond the eyes of all the generals changed and when the King threw this crystal at Asherit, all their hearts strained.

"¡Your Majesty! he does not have a pure bloodline and he is not even faithful to the Abysmals",

"Yes, he could try to get revenge on humans at any time!"

"The ancient technique cannot fall into his hands, ¡please reconsider your Majesty!", All the generals began to shout asking the King not to give this crystal to Asherit.

"Silence, are you the King or am I the King?" expelling his aura and directing it to all the generals causing them to remain silent and kneel, the King continued.

"Although Asherit is a hybrid, his abilities should be above normal, giving him this ancient cultivation technique is for research, as to whether he has treasonous thoughts ..." turning to Asherit the King commented.

"I think you understand what will happen if you try to reveal yourself, right?, This crystal contains the records of the 'Desolate Bloodthirsty' cultivation technique, only those who carry the bloodline of the royal clan of the abysmal are qualified to train in it, I know that Elizabeth taught you to cultivate so you should be able to make profit from that technique, you just need to insert a thread of magic into that crystal and start learning”, stopping here, the Abysmal King turned.

"Let's see how far you can go", and leaving these words he began to draw away and with him, the other generals did the same except General Khai.

Looking at the Abysmal King's back, Asherit felt how he was challenging him with disdain, as if he was not at all a threat and had him dancing on the palm of his hand, feelings of helplessness, hatred and determination were filling Asherit when the General Khai interrupted him.

"Your Highness, it is time to head towards the military camp" Although the General felt animosity towards this prince, he still speaks with a certain level of decorum respecting Asherit's status as the seventh prince of the Kingdom.

The two began to walk towards the exit, using the technique that his mother taught to control his mental state, Asherit cast aside all those thoughts knowing that there was nothing he could do and decided to look around.

And although he now had a cold and relaxed state of mind, he still felt certain kinds of crossed emotions because he would go out for the first time to know the world since he had always been inside the mansion with his mother and although he would certainly miss her too much, he also felt quite curious for knowing the outside.

Thinking this far, Asherit could only shake her head knowing that he had not yet achieved a good state in this technique by having these thoughts.

...

Although the structure of the Imperial Palace was astonishing, by not entering any room and just walking down a hallway towards the exit, Asherit only observed gigantic pillars and walls that looked quite sturdy, but this did not surprise him much.

However, when they finally left the Imperial Palace an amazing scene dazzled Asherit, a fresh breeze stirred his hair and in front of him several clouds moved following the wind so close that he thought he could touch them just by stretching his hands.

Above the sky, the sun was shining brightly and although the patio where he lived with his mother could also see the sun, the sensation of feeling its heat outside was different, it felt a little looser, it seemed as if it had reached the celestial vault.

They walked to what looked like a small take-off arena where several beasts that he had read about in the books were pulling carts of different designs.

Suddenly, the clouds dispersed as dozens of bat-shaped beasts, but gigantic in size and with larger-than-normal teeth, wandered in the sky, riding upon them riders of the abysmal race in impenetrable armor and wearing distinct weapons had cold expressions as they guarded the entire area.

Asherit knew that almost all C-Rank Mages could fly, even he had that ability, although he would not do it because he would be revealing his abilities unnecessarily, in addition flying wasted mana and that is why wizards domesticated different types of beasts as mounts as it was more convenient.

Seeing these riders, he knew they were experts simply seeing their bearing and aura, her mother told her that all these regions had been conquered by the abysmal, but it seemed that these guys never let down their guard revealing their nature linked to the war.

Asherit stopped thinking about these things because they had arrived at an imposing war carriage that had carved serpent shapes sliding down its walls and two giant serpent heads adorned the front, in the middle of them a soldier who seemed quite strong acted as driver of said carriage without saying a word.

Matching the carriage 3 winged snakes were attached to the carriage with chains of an opaque metallic material, each one so thick that it would take at least 4 men to surround it and although they were only about 6 meters in length, this did not take away from the fact that they seemed extremely powerful.

"Your Highness please" General Khai motioned for Asherit to enter the carriage and he agreed.

In the space ahead the driver was quite surprised by this, regularly the Abysmal King was referred to as his Majesty and only princes and concubines could be called his highness, but being an elite soldier under General Khai he had known at least of view of the 7 princes and princesses.

And this young man did not look like the ones he had seen before, and as his General was addressing this young man, there is no doubt that this was a prince and the thought of that hybrid child of which the high command spoke sometimes came to your mind.

"Head towards our camp, directly to the recruiting room" Shaking off the driver's thoughts, General Khai left these words before entering and assisting him, the driver began to take off.

Inside the carriage, Asherit contemplate for a moment the fine details of snakes carved around before sitting near a small window, when General Khai entered and sat down the carriage began to move, due to the General's status no guard dared to hinder his path and as the carriage soared through the skies, Asherit finally got an idea of ​​how majestic the castle looked.

Its extension was so large that it was difficult to imagine, in addition to having several launching platforms, you could also see training camps, medicinal gardens, a small lake where the crystal-clear water was being born and surrounded by all this the Imperial Castle was seen impenetrable with an ancient air.

Knowing that he would not return here in a few months, Asherit did not look away until the carriage began to descend.

It should be understood that the castle was on a mountain about 10,000 meters high on the edge of the capital, although the winged snakes were fast, it still took a while to reach a normal flight height over the city, that was time Enough for Asherit to look back and forth.

Although the night had already fallen, this city was still animated with lights coming from everywhere, people came and went from different types of businesses, chatting and walking, he also notice the peculiar details of the city, although it was the capital city of the kingdom they still existed poor neighborhoods here, of course most of these neighborhoods were occupied by humans and elves, he can't see a single abysmal in those places.

After some time, the carriage was about to leave the city and noticing that they did not intend to stop Asherit asked, "Shall we not stop in the capital city?"

"We are heading directly to the military base of my army, the Grand Army 'Cocatriz' in the city of Hwerwyl, one of the 13 Great Armies of the Abysmal Kingdom, is located to the Northwest in the Cocatriz Region on the edges of the Kingdom, once there you will be registered as a new recruit and you will be treated like any regular soldier, to promote in the militia, you should present merits like the others, as to why you would want to promote… ”turning to see Asherit with a cold smile, the General continued.

"Only if you record military achievements and ascend to military rank will you have permission to take breaks from your service and visit the Queen, in case you escape without permission, you will be treated as a deserter and the Queen will not have such a good time, his Majesty's welfare I advise you not to do fun things".

A dangerous light shone in Asherit's eyes and with a cold tone he commented "I appreciate your concern, I know what I should do, and then how long will it take us to get to the military camp?"

"Considering the food stops it should be approximately ..."

"Without stopping" Before General Khai finished his words Asherit interrupted him.

"If so, it would only take 5 days considering a constant controlled speed so as not to agitate the beasts, if your highness wishes, you can take dry rations that are stored in the trunk behind you" Not caring about being interrupted, the General replied, and pointed to Asherit a trunk full of provisions behind his seat..

Nodding Asherit fell silent again, as he did not want to expose her cultivation technique, Asherit began cultivating the technique to control his mental state.

And so, the days passed, neither of them in the carriage exchanged a word more, from time to time Asherit ate some dried meat so as not to attract too much attention, he also liked to look out the window at the big and small cities through which passed.

Sometimes they passed through desert places and nothing was seen for a long time, they passed over some large rivers and through lands that were used to harvest, all the peasants who worked these lands were human and when they looked up to see the carriage, Asherit noted that they were charged with hatred and fear.

...

 Today was a hectic day in Hwerwyl, although the sun was in all its splendor the City still felt cool because it was strategically located on the banks of a river, although it was not as big as the Sublime Capital City, it was still double as big and prosperous as any city.

This was due to the fact that here was the center of operations of one of the Thirteen Great Armies, The Great Cocatriz Army and as every year, for a week this army had its doors open to new recruits, being today the last day.

Those who ran from nearby cities and towns, where the influence of this army was not low were too many, therefore, the streets of the city were crowded, youth and adults were seen everywhere, many dressed in simple clothes and it showed that they had walked a lot and had various difficulties to get here.

Others were much better dressed and looked calmer, and a few more had luxurious garments with guards and followers praising them at every step, the latter were mostly of the abysmal race and the first described of the human race, this was a notorious example of class distinction in this Kingdom.

The poor would come to enlist in the army since it offered a fixed salary with which they could feed and support their family, even if they perished in battle the kingdom would grant considerable compensation to their families and if they were luckier and managed to rise some ranks , his salary would increase exponentially.

On the other hand, the rich and noble would come to fulfill family traditions, obtain a good military position and be able to advance in politics, to gain experience or simply to make a name for themselves.

Although they still had to follow the strict military rules since the abysmal race to which the Kingdom belonged was of a warlike nature, they still spent their lives in the army much more relaxed than the others.

And because of all this commotion, no one noticed that a large war chariot appeared from the main gates of this city.

"Informing the Great General, we have reached the Hwerwyl City, in a few more minutes we will arrive at the recruiting room" Being this his duty, the driver announced to General Khai, and the General was about to nod when Asherit’s voice was heard.

"I would like to admire the city before and then head to the recruiting room" Turning to see Asherit, the General thought about it for a moment, it would certainly be very gratifying for him if this boy escaped now to put a price on his head, while his mother was tortured or even died.

However, he had also been entrusted by the King for this task, being the only hybrid the King was very interested in this child, in fact, General Khai believed that there were more hidden reasons for the King's interest and knew that the punishment it would not be light if it did not fulfill its mission.

And seeing the doubt in the General's eyes, Asherit immediately understood his thoughts saying coldly "Don't worry General Khai, I'm just a little numb and I want to walk I wouldn't dare to escape in my conditions".

Hearing this, the General nodded, "Very well, Rakshar accompanies his Highness the Seventh Prince Asherit around the city and take it upon himself to enlist him in the recruiting room before the end of the day" To feel more calm, the General assigned the driver, it was necessary to know that he was not only the General's driver, but one of his most faithful escorts and therefore an elite of the abysmal so he did not hesitate to fulfill this mission, he had also implicitly revealed the identity of this child so that he had taken into account the importance of this simple mission.

On the other hand, Rakshar who had deduced this from the beginning, was still a little surprised to verify his suspicions, but as an elite, he accepted the orders of his General and was quick assigning one of the soldiers who stood guard at the entrance as General's driver to take him to Headquarters.

"We are leaving, too" Watching the carriage disappear at the entrance of the city Asherit commented to Rakshar, who nodded with respect and looked curiously at this young prince.

To enter the city each person would have to pay a silver coin and at this time the line to enter was too long and the procedures that each person had to pass were excessively rigorous.

Being a City near the border the other Kingdoms would probably send spies these days and if there was something wrong with someone's identity even if they paid 1000 gold coins they would be arrested and interrogated without being able to enter the City.

Only now Asherit realized that he had no money, on this continent you could usually get almost everything with enough money, and this moved in the form of copper, silver and gold coins, with copper being the lowest value, then silver which 1 coin could be worth 100 copper coins, and gold the highest value since 1 gold coin could be worth 100 silver coins.

And although he knew this, Asherit had never had the need to use money so he did not have any in his possession, another thing that bothered him was the long line to enter the city.

The entire time, Rakshar was watching Asherit without commenting and noting his gaze stopped in line and at the soldier collecting the entrance fees, imagined his thoughts and felt quite amused that this prince had surely never used of their status.

"Your Highness, being a noble son of the royal family, you must not pay a fee or stand in line" Leaning a little and lowering his voice, Rakshar told Asherit who upon learning this was quite pleased and nodded to this the elite guard, who seemed quite trustworthy, subsequently began to make his way to the entrance without queuing.

"Look at that boy wanting to enter the City without queuing."

"Maybe he comes from a slightly larger family from one of the nearby towns and thinks that this small status will be worth something here."

"Ha-ha. He's just challenging his luck, let's see how the guards kick him out at the end of the line" Although he had a guard behind him, Asherit was not wearing such luxurious clothes, and all the nobles had arrived a long time ago in elegant carriages to the city, so everyone thought he was the young lord of a small town who did not know the vastness of the sky.

Asherit had a very keen ear and listened to all this, however, he did not even take a look at these people and arrived at the entrance to the city and when everyone expected to have fun ...

"Welcome Sir!" They were surprised when the guards at the entrance bowed deeply to Asherit and then they turned pale, hoping that the other party had not heard their derogatory comments.

Asherit on the other hand deduced that these soldiers had recognized Rakshar and went ahead without giving importance to this situation.

Entering the City when seeing the streets full of people Asherit was thrilled to think that here began his path so that his wings would grow and he could rescue his mother from the claws of the Abysmal King.

2