Chapter 10. Overwhelming Force.
126 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were a few hours of sun left to the day, however, within the Ghost Forest which was to the northwest on the fringes of the Abysmal Kingdom, due to the density of the trees and their location, the darkness covered the area faster and within it, there was a small town that served as a camp for the Elite Division of the Abysmal Kingdom Army, being practical, this town was named, Ghost Town.

And although the darkness also covered the Ghost Town, it was still as lively as ever, since, along the streets of the town, large lamps illuminated the surroundings, creating a good environment for strolling through the streets.

Asherit and Thyriel were walking side by side, a few minutes ago, Vade had finished giving directions to the newbies, among them, he told them that the houses that were inhabited within the town would have wooden plates on the outside with the name or some brand from their owner, so they had to find a house with a wooden plaque without anything written on it and take it as the place where they would rest from now on.

Most of the new recruits were excited to hear this and started looking for a house in the central area of ​​the town, but, Asherit would feel more comfortable in a somewhat isolated place, so without stopping he traveled towards the edges of the town.

Thyriel on the other hand did not want to leave Asherit because he was the only person she knew and decided to follow him.

Before Vade finished, he had told them that they could walk without the hood or even without the uniform inside the town, so the two went without a hood, from time to time Thyriel stole glances from Asherit, this young man who had been helping her too much lately, although he was of a different race, one that would regularly exert a cruel aura, it was different, without a doubt Asherit always gave a cold and calm feeling, however, Thyriel felt nothing but warmth when being near him.

Asherit who had noticed the looks of Thyriel, felt amused inside 'This young girl ...' thinking so far, he stopped because he knew that the two were the same age, however, the situation of the two pushed them to do things that a child of her age shouldn't be doing, so he knew that although she seemed shy, the girl next to him was more mature than the girls of her age.

When they reached the edges of the town, they noticed that the number of houses here was less, but also, the houses here would have a greater extension of land, very few here were occupied and soon Asherit found a place that he liked.

This was a house next to the city wall, curiously the wall here was about 50 meters, on the other side of the wall Asherit could hear the sound of a small river running, the house had a larger extension than usual in the area and the wooden plaque on the side of the door indicated that it was empty.

"Sister Thyriel, I like this house, What about you? Do you have any in mind?" Turning his gaze to Thyriel, Asherit asked.

"It is not necessary, I will only occupy a nearby one that is empty" Thyriel replied while looking at the houses to one side, Asherit nodded and imbued his finger with fire mana, engraved his name on the wooden plaque outside the house, after that , helped Thyriel search for an empty house within the vicinity.

Although the edges of the city were less populated, they still only found an empty house at the end of the street where Asherit's was, after helping her mark her wooden plaque, the two chatted a bit before saying goodbye and seeing Thyriel enter to her house, Asherit returned to his.

'It is strange, there were at least 8 presences following us, one of them, the strongest disappeared a long time ago, but the other 7 only disappeared when we found Thyriel's house ..., I will have to be vigilant', clearing his mind of those thoughts, Asherit entered his house, all the vacant houses were open, only when one entered would see the padlocks on the side of the door, although it seemed that this house had not been inhabited for a long time because layers of dust could be seen at wherever one looked, the locks and padlocks seemed to be made of some special metal, as they did not look rusty.

Closing the door tightly, Asherit began to inspect this place that would be his for who knows how long.

The house had a kitchen which was empty at the moment, Vade had mentioned before that once they chose a house they could head to the supply building which was located next to the training grounds for the month's supplies.

In the Ghost Town, each was responsible for preparing their food, the task of obtaining provisions for the entire town, was carried out only by certain soldiers.

Inside the house there were also two furnished rooms, a small dining room and a small warehouse, a small living room, a gigantic bathroom and at the back a training backyard.

...

At the time Asherit was returning to his house when he left Thyriel, in the central part of the town, in a medium-sized house, 7 guys were standing in front of a single-horn young abysmal, his face had fine features, his body was muscular and the reddish color of his skin did not take away from this handsome young man.

"Big Brother Rotschlange, we already know where that elf girl that you saw this afternoon is staying, she is on the edges of the town, but we did not act to 'Invite' her to your house because Langsbar told us that he heard someone point to the young man who accompanied her as the seventh prince” It was a thin and lanky human who spoke.

"Is that true Langsbar?" Turning his gaze to an abysmal fatter than usual, with a height of almost two meters and with small horns, Rotschlange asked.

"Big brother, that's what I heard, apparently that boy is the seventh prince, the first and only hybrid among the abysmal and humans" With a somewhat hoarse voice, the young man named Langsbar mentioned.

"What about the elf girl?" Hearing Rotschlange's question, everyone knew he was referring to the girl's background and endorsements, which is why someone from the group answered.

"According to records in the information room, she was a slave to the Star Kingdom, her parents are dead, and she has two other siblings whose whereabouts are unknown" Upon hearing this, a bright light crossed Rotschlange's eyes.

"Guide me to her house" And upon hearing this this from Rotschlange, Langsbar hesitated a little before questioning.

"Big brother, what about the seventh prince?"

"Remember that this child can only be 6 years old due to the tradition of the royal family, besides being in the army his status as the seventh prince is worth nothing, even if I cannot kill him directly, if I left him invalid nothing would happen, for what's best for him if he gets out of my way” When everyone heard this explanation, they felt a bloody aura spring from this older brother of theirs and thought it would be better if that child didn't get in their way.

Leaving the House of Rotschlange, the group of 8 started walking in the dark towards Thyriel's house.

...

Asherit had finished inspecting his house 'It seems that the house is safe, then I will plant extra security, for now I should clean up a bit before leaving for provisions' and while thinking about this he hear a scream, a normal person would not have heard this because the volume of this scream was almost non-existent, however, for someone like Asherit who, although had the same amount of mana as an E-Rank Mage, had the capacities of a peak C-Rank for his mana compressed 100 times, added to the fact that all his body was also refined every second with this mana, his actual abilities were difficult to explain, and he could hear a fly flapping a kilometer away, so hearing this scream was no problem for him.

'This is Thyriel's voice' Frowning, Asherit executed the 'Burning Steps' and left his house in direction of Thyriel.

A few moments ago, in the house of Thyriel who, like Asherit, had come to inspect its interior, there were sounds of someone knocking on the door and the image of Asherit passed through Thyriel's mind so she ran to open, but when she opened the door, 8 young people of different races forced their way into her house without saying a word.

"Listen girl, you have the blessing that Big Brother Rotschlange sees you with good eyes, so from now on you belong to him, don't worry, nobody will dare to have deviant ideas against you knowing this" Whom said this was the lanky young human Nascon, meanwhile Rotschlange watched Thyriel up and down as someone in the group shook an armchair from the small room to make him comfortable.

The Elite Division uniform showed Thyriel's developing figure perfectly and combined with her angelic face, Rotschlange couldn't help but swallow a bit of spit.

"I don't know what are you talking about, please leave my house" On the other hand Thyriel was furious with this group, although she was full of fear too, she was filled with courage and spoke in an icy tone.

"Haha, Mm I've decided I'll make you mine right now" Rotschlange had just sat down, but upon hearing Thyriel's words he had a lot of fun and decided to tame this little one as quickly as possible.

Seeing this abysmal young man walk towards her, Thyriel stepped back wanting to escape, but Rotschlange quickly grabbed her arm and although Thyriel struggled to free himself, it seemed as if a child was trying to break free from the grip of an adult.

"Noo!" As she understood what was happening, various memories from her past flooded Thyriel's mind and she let out a desperate scream.

 Hearing this, Rotschlange covered the mouth of this girl with pressure to prevent a biting from her and forcefully began dragging her into a room.

“Keep an eye on the surroundings that no one…”

'Boooom'

Before Rotschlange finished speaking, it was heard as the door burst into pieces.

“Swoosh”

And then feeling the temperature drop inside the house, they saw a flash fleeting filled of flame appear in front of them.

When Asherit heard Thyriel's scream, he immediately felt the presence of these people, 7 of them were the ones who followed him while they searched for their houses and although there was one a little stronger than the others and it was not the eighth that had also followed them before, this he didn't mind and rushed as far as he could towards this area, of course, using only his mana of fire element.

And when looking inside the room when his gaze fell on Thyriel, he calmed down seeing that, although the girl was scared she seemed to be fine, however, seeing Rotschlange forcing her to close her mouth and dragging her, he could already imagine what these guys wanted to do and just thinking about it his fury began to soar.

"Oh, but if it is your highness the seventh prince, your highness, if I remember correctly when you are in the army your position of royalty will be lost by tradition, so what does your highness plan upon arriving by blowing up the door of Miss Thyriel who kindly invited us to her house?, Does not your highness know that the young noble Rotschlange Thunder, of the great Thunder family of the Kingdom and also a First Sergeant with a two-star silver plate has a relationship with Miss Thyriel?, Was you planning to enter Miss Thyriel's house at night and…?” Nascon released several questions setting a trap for Asherit, without a doubt this young man was good at schematics and seeing how the group had surprised faces when seeing Asherit, he imagined that they already knew his identity and had planned this in advance.

Rotschlange had a cold smile on his face, it would be best for this young prince to understand the situation and get away, but if he stayed alone it would be a fly falling into his nets and he would receive a good beating.

Asherit on the other hand, was quite calm, his expression was cold as usual and although thanks to his spiritual sea which was exponentially larger than that of any expert, his intelligence and wisdom were on another level, he still decided to use a simple method to resolve this matter, Force.

Sure, an intelligent man could beat one stronger than him, a small kingdom could bring down a great kingdom if they possessed a wise commander who used cunning strategies, but this was possible only if the difference in forces was not overwhelming.

The overwhelmingly strong fist of someone would wipe out all the strategies and plans of someone weaker.

Nascon was about to open his mouth again when everyone saw Asherit disappear from his position and appear in front of Rotschlange, the latter was shocked to the bone, he was an intermediate G-Rank Mage and still could not see Asherit's movements.

He was about to use Thyriel as a shield to threaten Asherit when he felt strong pain coming from his wrists.

Asherit grabbed Rotschlange's wrists and twisted them with Herculean force and in a cruel manner, causing the latter to drop Thyriel in an instant and had no time to scream before Asherit delivered a kick with devastating force directed to his chest.

'Booom' 'Crack'

The youth group was horrified to see Rotschlange fly off and destroy a wall in the house.

'Bluagh'

Rotschlange was trying to stop himself when he vomited a mouthful of blood, seeing his own blood on the ground the fury inside him erupt.

"Attack him" Hearing his older brother's scream, they all came to their senses, all of them here were G-Rank Mages and began to circulate their mana executing various magical techniques before attacking Asherit.

Nascon was holding a dagger in his hand, Langsbar had turned his fist into a rock, another abysmal young man from the group transformed his palm into a wind blade, while various types of attack approached him, Asherit simply used his 'Fists of Fire' and began to move among the group executing his 'Burning Steps'.

The young man who used wind blades was the fastest to reach him and pointed his palm towards Asherit neck.

'Crack'

'Booom'

However, his palm crashed into Asherit's fist of fire which destroyed his mana of wind in an instant, followed by his palm that looked like pulp when all his bones splintered, Asherit's blow did not stop there and fell heavily on his chest sending him crashing into a wall.

Without stopping, Asherit arrived in front of Nascon and in the same way he threw his fire fist against the fire dagger of this lanky young man who tried to avoid his blow with a meandering movement and directed his fire dagger towards Asherit's abdomen, but as if Asherit's fiery fist was a magnet he couldn't avoid, he crashed into the dagger and as expected it was smashed, followed by Nascon's hand and then it was thrown just like the other young man.

Asherit continued to move against the group and all had similar results, crashing under the brute force of Asherit's fiery fist.

He did not use agile or intelligent movements to defeat the group, he simply smashed his fists against the attacks that approached him to demonstrate the enormous difference in forces.

While watching this, Rotschlange was quite surprised, he could certainly defeat everyone here as well, but not as easy as Asherit was doing.

Filling his eyes with cruelty, he began to execute a magical technique called 'Lightning Steps' and in his hand a lightning sword appeared as he was heading towards Thyriel who had been stunned since the battle began.

However, Asherit who seemed to have eyes on his back, being able to see what was happening in every corner of the house, appeared in an instant in front of Thyriel and upon seeing this Rotschlange's fury increased to another level, exploiting all the mana within his Dantian, his lightning sword increased in size and sharpness, wanting to destroy this seventh prince with one blow.

Noticing the flow and amount of mana in this guy's sword, Asherit read his thoughts so he increased his mana in his fiery fist and smashed it against Rotschlange's sword.

'Swoosh' 'Crag' 'Crag' 'Xiu' 'Xiu'

Sounds of falling thunder were heard in the room and suddenly was heard the sound of fire that could be seen incinerating this thunder in a violent way.

'Booooooom'

It only took one breath time before this thunder sword exploded into fragments, scattering the lightning bolt into the air and then Rotschlange flew smashing through wall after wall inside the house.

"This time you will only take some broken bones as punishment, but if you try something like this again, I cannot assure that I will hold back" Looking coldly at the group lying on the ground, Asherit left these words without caring if anyone was conscious to hear them or no.

"Let's go, this house is no longer habitable" And when being held by Asherit, only then did Thyriel awaken from his stupor and start walking with him.

'There are no longer uninhabited houses near mine, although I do not feel the presence of anyone in the houses around me, it would certainly only attract problems if I take over some, also if something like this happens again in a house far from mine and for some reason I am not on time ... ' Thinking this far, Asherit shook her head and made a decision.

"Sister Thyriel, things like this could happen again if we are not careful, so it would be better if you moved into my house" Upon hearing Asherit, Thyriel's face turned a charming red color as she looked at him.

“Sure, if you don't agree, we can find two continuous houses that are unoccupied” Seeing Thyriel's charming face, Asherit began to get nervous and hurriedly released this last statement.

"I have no problem brother Asherit, you liked that house a lot and it is you who is protecting me, so if you have no problem with it, I would like to live with you" Saying this looking at Asherit who never took his eyes off her Thyriel suddenly blushed more and this charming tone even reached her neck, so she suddenly lowered her gaze.

On the other hand, seeing this happen, Asherit was fascinated for a second and regaining his wit, he commented, "Mm, it's decided then, we will live together from now on" Upon agreeing to this, the two continued to walk quietly home, strangely or perhaps because of the good atmosphere that had formed around they, neither of them noticed that they were still holding hands.

It was not until they arrived in front of the house that the two became aware of this fact and Asherit awkwardly released his hand to gesture with it inviting Thyriel to enter the house through the door that had been left open in a hurried exit.

When Thyriel entered the house, she started looking sideways realizing that this house was very big and after closing the door, Asherit caught up with her saying.

"Let me clean up a bit, and then we'll go get provisions to make some for dinner"

"Mm, I will also help"

So, the two began to clean the house, inside a small maintenance room in the house, there were cleaning materials, so after approximately a couple of hours they had finished cleaning.

Closing the doors of the house tight, both headed toward the supply building.

"Brother Asherit, I keep thinking about what happened, what if this Rotschlange uses his authority as First Sergeant to go against you?" Although Thyriel had already spent a few hours worrying about this, what she least wanted was for something to happen to Asherit.

Asherit on the other hand when seeing the face illuminated by the lamps of the streets of Thyriel which was full of concern felt a warm feeling inside his chest and while smiling at this girl he commented.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure such an arrogant young nobleman would not count that a 6-year-old boy brought down his entire group with overwhelming force, although he certainly sought revenge, we don't have to worry about him being accused under the martial law” Noticing Asherit's calm gaze, Thyriel felt her worries seem to evaporate and she could only nod with a tender chuckle as well.

'Gugugu'

While they saw each other, the stomach of both of them began to roar, it was necessary to understand that they had been running 6 days without stopping, although Asherit had dry rations that he got from General Khai's car when traveling from the Capital to the Hwerwyl City, all of these went to Thyriel, since he could survive a few days without eating from his mana, but for her it was a different story.

On the other hand, the food was not much and although Asherit rationed it well for Thyriel, her last meal was two days ago at night.

That being the case, it was normal for the two of them to be hungry.

"Hahaha" As they looked into each other's eyes they both laughed at the same time when they heard their stomachs.

"Let's go get supplies and have a nice dinner" Asherit said smiling and as Thyriel saw him she nodded saying.

"Mm, we'll have dinner until we burst tonight" And with a smile on their faces, the two continued on their way to the supply building on a pleasant night.

2