Chapter 31. The threads begin to interweave (Part I).
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A MESSAGE FROM SAARG

Hello guys,

I hope you had a great time on the holidays and I hope you're starting this new year in an amazing way.

I leave you the first chapter of the year, enjoy it.

 

In the bedroom where Asherit and the others were staying, after they ate, chatted, and played a bit, Hana and Hane fell into a deep sleep.

Thyriel and Asherit on the other hand, only accompanied them in bed until both girls fell asleep, after that, they both moved to a small room.

*Well, it's time for the preparations on the other side to begin* Asherit commented to Thyriel by spirit sense.

*Mm, I only need two more hours to create the spirit ark* Thyriel replied in the same way and then closed her eyes to concentrate on finishing her work.

A spirit ark was made up of many spirit threads, which contained too much information with the ability to last much longer without dispersing, they had several layers of security for various situations.

For example, if such an ark fell into the hands of an enemy and he tried to obtain the information stored in it, forcing the ark, it would explode attacking the spiritual sea of ​​the enemy, if such enemy were distracted, it could even die. As for someone weaker than the creator of the ark, he wouldn't even be able to recognize it.

The ark had sensory methods to detect its addressee and differentiate between friends and enemies at a certain level, it would also have purely defensive barriers and some others with the ability to hide it and make it follow certain patterns.

Such a method was used by the wise cultivators of the past, although in this era it had been lost, the awakening of Thyriel's bloodline and her ancestral legacy allowed her to obtain this technique and since they arrived at the Crimson Mansion she had been creating a spiritual ark.

Due to the short time available, this ark was very basic, it only had a built-in method to differentiate between friends and enemies, a self-destructive attack method and a concealment method, without any defensive measures, however, Thyriel and Asherit had already done plans for this.

Shua

"He arrived..." Asherit stood up and disappeared from the small room, moments later, Laf or rather, the clone that Asherit had dedicated 3 days of effort, arrived with him.

Without saying a word, this clone sat at a considerable distance from Thyriel and gradually lost Laf's appearance, instead he began to become something more abstract, as if someone had carved a humanoid body out of a log made of giant wood and then set it on fire.

Asherit sat behind this clone and began to refine a few final details while awaiting Thyriel.

Regularly, the clones that Asherit created were completely of the fire element so that no one would find out about his actual ability, however, this mission was too important and the risk of making a mistake was very high, therefore, Asherit could not hide all his skills when acting this time.

Experts would only think that the clone was merely made of fire and only an expert close to Rank B could detect the truth behind this clone.

A clone that was created with a wood core and fire armor.

Wood feeds fire, so it was as if this clone carried an internal enhancer of all its abilities, on the other hand, even the wood element abilities would be accompanied by the explosiveness of the flames.

Added to this was the fact that Asherit had planted in this clone the best spirit seed he had created so far, with such abilities, defeating a Rank E Low cultivator was a simple task for him.

And all that effort was precisely for this mission, to protect the spirit ark of information that Thyriel was creating and deliver it to the Elite Division.

...

After reinforcing the clone's concealment capabilities, Asherit opened his eyes and right at this moment, Thyriel also finished.

*Brother…*

*Mm* After they both nodded, Thyriel slowly approached the clone, and sitting across from him, stretched out his arms.

ZzzOm! ~~

A small ball of milky white energy began to manifest over Thyriel's hands and after a few moments, an ark that seemed illusory was consolidated.

Pa!

Seeing this, Asherit mysteriously hit the clone's back and on his chest, a small whirlpool manifested.

Swooo ~~

Slowly and with the help of Thyriel, the whirlpool began to absorb the ark, Asherit had prepared a space to isolate and protect the ark in the core of the clone and at this moment, he was transporting it there.

Swish

After the spirit ark was absorbed, the whirlpool disappeared and the clone returned to normal.

Seeing Thyriel's sweaty forehead, Asherit could only imagine the tremendous effort required to create such a feat lost in the chronicles of time and without thinking he approached her and with great care, he ran the palm of his hand wiping the sweat of her forehead.

“You did very well” With an almost silent murmur, a small smile and a kind voice, Asherit commented.

"Mm" At such actions, Thyriel could only nod embarrassed but with a warm feeling in her chest.

*I have injected a massive amount of mana that after 15 minutes will be a burden for this clone, said energy however, will serve to get him out of here without causing suspicion, so I will send it now...*

*Mm* After nodding to Asherit's message, Thyriel saw the clone transform into a small cloud of haze that seemed to come from a fire, and sped out of the room at an impressive speed.

That night, on one of the channels that carried sulphureous water from the forest to the cellars, a small arm of the torches that illuminated the cellar fell, starting a fire through the entire channel to the forest.

Such a strange fact only annoyed the guards who controlled the fire a little and then the order was given to isolate the torches so that this would not happen again...

The days continued their journey in the Crimson Mansion, under Asherit's orders, the maids and servants worked hard processing the magical plants and spent all their free time training.

On the other hand, Natalie, Mia and the other girls, spent all their time cultivating and training, and Asherit and Thyriel would give them pointers when they could.

At the same time, Hana, Hane, Thyriel and Asherit, began with the process of fusion of some of the magical plants already processed, since they did not spend so much time in this task, Asherit and Thyriel began to train in many arts and to teach diverse things to Hane and Hana.

From time to time, Asherit would teach the three girls, and from time to time Thyriel would help him teach them some things as well, not forgetting of course to play with them a few good times a day and cook delicious dishes.

…..

As the days passed in the Crimson Mansion, the world kept moving and the young new recruits of the Abysmal Kingdom's Elite Division were also looking to complete their missions.

In a small town on the border of the Cloud Kingdom, several hooded youths had gathered in a stable.

"We cannot continue like this, the young noble Aldvid is so obsessed with the seventh prince that not only have we not been able to advance efficiently, but we are also exposing ourselves to too many risks" Commented Mariel Robewind, a young recruit assigned to team 1 that was led by Aldvid Helm.

"Yes, however, Aldvid is our leader and we cannot disobey his orders u-unless.."

"Unless we all vote to elect another leader, according to the rules of the Elite Division this is possible.." Malduin Plainsmight expressed, interrupting the hesitant message from his partner Grund Maw.

Hearing this, everyone inside the stable fell silent.

When they left the Ghost Town more than half a month ago, they headed to a nearby town, their mission was to find the locations of the spies or enemy forces, such a task was actually the same for all the teams of new recruits and only the areas where they had to operate was different.

Team 1 consisting of Mariel, Grund, Malduin, Ransar, Findra, and Aldvid, they did an excellent job locating the hideout of a small group of spies after only searching the first village for a few days.

They tipped off the experts of the Elite Division with the secret communication methods they had been taught and after just two days, that group of spies had been eliminated.

Everyone was enthusiastic about their performance and they moved to this other town as quickly as possible so that they could look for the enemy's traces, however, the day they arrived, something that would change the course of their mission happened.

Regularly the experts in the Elite Division had ways of communicating and tracking each other that would help them improve their performance and ask for support at crucial times.

The tracking methods however, were not active at all times and would only be used at crucial times, but, as these groups were made up of only new recruits, these tracking arrays on their uniforms were activated once a day, thus the recruits they could monitor each other.

When they settled in the village, everyone noticed that a few kilometers to the north two tracking signals activated at the same time as theirs, this meant that the owners of those signals were new recruits just like them.

No one was a fool here, and everyone knew that the only two-person team was that of the seventh prince and that little elf prodigy.

Such a finding made Aldvid's behavior change abnormally, first, he met with a group of experts who inhabited this town, with the excuse that they were mercenaries who once worked for his family and could obtain information from them.

Although this was possible, previously Aldvid had been very cautious when collecting information, and this time, his actions were very hasty.

After his meeting with those experts, Aldvid began giving them orders that put them all at risk of being discovered and attacked.

Certainly, all these youths were elites, but they were all too young, so much so, that Aldvid was the only mage ranked among them, and they could only reach the ability to fight with a Low G-Rank Mage with the support of their uniforms.

More than their combat prowess, their mission itself was about testing their patience, cunning, and intelligence, but it seemed like Aldvid wanted to force them to enter into direct combat.

By this time, they had all realized Aldvid's true intentions, to put them in danger so they had no choice but to use their suit arrays and call for help.

The seventh prince and the young elf girl surely already had knowledge that they were also new recruits, so when they received the signal for help, they would surely go to the area, falling into the trap that Aldvid and those mercenaries had already prepared.

"I agree with Malduin's decision and propose him as the new team leader" a stocky young man named Ransar commented.

"I also agree with that" said Findra Goldlips, hearing them, all looked at each other and then nodded, thus making a decision.

"Okay, then I'll take the position of team leader, if I ever do something stupid like Aldvid you can kick me out" Hearing Malduin, everyone nodded seriously.

"Mariel, send the message to the intelligence center about our decision and also tell them about Aldvid's behavior",

"But, before that, let's move from here, if Aldvid plan to attack the seventh prince, nothing assures us that he will not attack us" Hearing this, they all began to move quickly towards an outpost of the Elite Division to get to except.

…..

At the same time that the new recruit’s team 1 meeting was taking place, Aldvid was in a small cabin facing a group of mercenaries.

"Young Master with the reinforcements that just arrived we now have a total of 23 men, 1 Low F Rank Warrior, 2 Low F Rank Mages, 4 Peak G Rank Mages and the remaining 16 vary between Low and High G Rank Mages" A man without a part of his upper lip commented, his name was Igrel a Low F Rank Warrior and the captain of the dead rose mercenaries.

Together with his men’s they had committed all kinds of crimes, from massacring entire villages, raping all their women and torturing the men’s, to murdering members of important families of the Abysmal Kingdom.

In reality they were subordinates of the Great Helm Family and all these had been jobs that said family had entrusted to them, Aldvid did not think to use them in his revenge at first since he thought that Asherit had been assigned to a different and distant area.

Instead, he had been using these mercenaries to collect information and thus improve his performance in this mission, gaining more renown than the others, however, the afternoon they arrived in this town, the moment the tracking array was activated, he detected those two signs that reminded him of the humiliation and pain that had happened a little over a month ago.

He didn't know why, but that damn seventh prince and that elf were resting near of his location, so, forgetting everything else, he made all the mercenaries of the dead rose gather in this town.

To mislead his team, he began directing them towards dangerous tracking missions, so they would think that he wanted to use them as bait to attract the seventh prince, his true objective however, was another, something similar but, much crueler.

"Sir, are you sure of this?, All those children are from families with power in the kingdom, if one day this is discovered..." Commented the sub-captain of these mercenaries Richard, with some doubts.

"That's true young master, they could also be trying to communicate with the Elite Division..." Another member of the mercenaries commented and everyone started to get nervous.

"Haha, do not worry, for our fortune, the person in charge of receiving and transmitting our messages to the intelligence center has problems with his communication array so he will not be able to receive messages in the next 24 hours...", upon hearing the sinister laughter and the message from Aldvid, everyone had a chill running through their skin.

"Furthermore, this will be the last job of the dead rose mercenaries, once done, their group will disband and I will move you all to manage some businesses of my Great Helm Family to the Southwest of the kingdom",

All the mercenaries in the room rejoiced and showed wicked looks upon receiving this last statement, the life of a mercenary doing the jobs they did was very risky since at any moment, they could be killed for angering powerful people.

They had been hiding well all these years and had only lost a dozen brothers, however, being moved to run businesses for one of the great families of the kingdom, no matter how small these were, was a life of luxury that made it was all worth it.

"There are two beautiful girls in my group you can do whatever you want with them, as for the elf of the seventh prince group, you are not allowed to put a finger on her, she is my prey" Aldvid commented, licking his lips in his last sentence , the mercenaries in the room began to laugh sinisterly and began to discuss some other things.

…..

Fss-Swish!

Swish!

While these events were happening in that border town, a shadow of ethereal haze moved at an impressive speed in the middle of the forest towards a specific point.

Fhuaa!

Suddenly, this shadow stopped in front of a gigantic cave and began to take shape, if Thyriel were present, although this person was wearing an Elite Division suit with the hood, she would easily identify him as Asherit, or rather, as the Asherit clone.

Since the day he left the Crimson Mansion, he had been running at a steady but fairly fast speed and in just a few days he was already in front of his first stop.

Due to the importance of their mission, Thyriel and Asherit had left their tracking array behind, this so as not to generate noise in the gigantic defensive and detection array of the City of Abundance.

The place where they left it however, was something special, the cave of a Zephyr Cheetah, a magical beast capable of controlling the wind which helped it increase its already astonishing speed in a monstrous way, it could reach 1.5 meters in height and spread at 4.5 meters long counting its one meter tail.

Although it was much smaller than wild beasts like the horned tiger, thanks to its ability to control the magic element of the wind, they could easily deal with them, however, in this area, these types of magical beasts did not exceed a dozen in number and that was because there were hardly any foods that contained wind elemental energy or regions charged with this type of mana.

Zephyr Cheetahs needed to cultivate in areas where the world mana of the wind-type was abundant, and required feed with food that contained elemental wind energy so that their cubs would be born alive and healthy.

From time to time, many mothers would lay down their lives, feeding at least one of their cubs in their womb with their mana and life essence so that their lineage would continue to exist.

The Zephyr Cheetah in this cave was actually a female and one that was pregnant, since the male that was her partner had only managed to get a few preys that contained a little wind mana, this female was preparing to give her life to changing one of his cubs, therefore, she would not attack or waste her energy unless absolutely necessary.

When Asherit entered the cave a few weeks ago, he had displayed a speed that this female Zephyr Cheetah could only admire, not feeling a danger from that young human, did not bother Asherit as he placed the tracking arrays behind her nest.

The Asherit clone then, returned for these arrays, his mission was simple, first to collect such arrays, with them to find new recruits in the area to have them send a message to the intelligence center, trace said signal and thus arrive personally at this central.

Without much further thought, the clone turned on and rushed into the cave.

Fss ~~

The Zephyr Cheetah's gaze lifted in an instant as she felt the intense heat coming from the cave entrance, she was just getting up to prepare to act when a burning shadow passed her.

Fss-Swish~

After her initial shock, this female turned her gaze and saw a subject picking up the strange items that someone had come to throw into her cave a while ago.

Grr

After collecting the tracking arrays, the Asherit clone noticed the threat of this expectant mother and felt a little curious.

Taking off his hood, he carefully approached to this Zephyr Cheetah.

"Don't worry, I just came to pick up the belongings that I left at your home a few weeks ago" This Asherit clone commented, due to all the effort Asherit put into creating it, it could be said that his intelligence was even above average, for which he understood well that this cheetah was upset for taking those objects.

On the other hand, the Zephyr Cheetah was a little surprised to notice that this human was the one who had come a while ago, although he gave off a weaker aura, it was still the same aura as before so he thought that this human had been injured.

"Thank you for taking care of my things, as a thank you I have brought you something good" The Asherit clone commented and from an interspace ring that he carried on his finger he began to remove some things.

Woosh-Woosh-Woosh

Groar

The Zephyr Cheetah was a bit surprised to see things suddenly appear, but a second later, a mixture of pleasant smells began to reach her nose.

"The last time I came, I noticed that your cubs are about to be born and you do not have enough mana to make them survive, in a more thorough inspection, my partner told me that your cubs were somewhat strange and that even if you gave your whole life none of you could survive..”,

Grr

Asherit knew that this Zephyr Cheetah had the intelligence of an average human, and upon hearing her roar, this clone confirmed it and continued.

"This meat is from a flock of Vicious Eagles, a magical wind beast northwest of here",

"This here is Snowy Forest Light Rats",

"This is a flower of wind and thunder born in quite special areas in the south of the continent",

"These are wind arecas that grow in deserts",

"These are Faustus Sparrows" ...,

The Asherit clone kept pulling out a few more items while the cheetah could only drool but was still afraid to get close.

"This is the meat of a Thunder Rhino and this is its core, although it does not contain the element of wind, I feel it will help you a lot",

Grr ~

As she licked her lips, a soft growl came from this female's jaws and understanding what she was trying to say, the Asherit clone answered.

"Jaja, I know that you think this is a lot for a simple thank you, and you are right, I will give you all this that will not only help all your babies survive childbirth, but will even make you stronger with one condition",

"In the future, you and your cubs must follow me...", understanding what this human wanted, the female Cheetah Zephyr began to doubt, she wanted all this food because she knew that with it she could give birth to healthy and strong cubs but she distrusted the humans.

Fighting him wasn't an option either as she would undoubtedly be on the losing side and had nothing to trade with him.

Thinking about her future, where if she did not obtain this, she would most likely die with her cubs, she was left with clenching her teeth and after a moment.

Groar

With a low roar and a nod of acceptance, this Zephyr Cheetah showed her commitment to Asherit's condition.

"Jaja alright-alright" Quite pleased with his achievement, the Asherit clone reached out to pat the head of the now docile Zephyr Cheetah.

"Since you are a good girl, I will leave you some more things, this will be enough for the childbirth" After taking out some giant pieces of meat and some more plants, the Asherit clone left the cave and began to move towards the southwest.

...

Zzzooom!

As usual, a signal went off from the tracking array of all new recruits at the same time in the afternoon, at this time, Aldvid was still with the mercenaries and when the signal came.

Shua!

Somewhat surprised, Aldvid rose from his seat and they all turned to look at him.

"Young master?" Igrel asked.

"Those bastards started moving and the brat along with the elf too, let's go, we'll catch up with the bastards on my team in a matter of minutes and force them to call for help" Aldvid stated, he had noticed that all the members of his team were leaving the town in the direction of an outpost of the Elite Division, he had already predicted this movement and was not so worried, however, he noticed that Asherit and Thyriel also began to move but heading to another area, so he decided to hurry his plans.

"You heard the young master, go everyone!"

"Yes!", "Come on!", "Whoever gets there first will have those beauties Hahaha!"

Between screams and wicked laughter, the dead rose mercenaries disappeared from the cabin alongside Aldvid in the direction of team 1 of the new recruits for the Elite Division.

A sinister smile was tattooed on Aldvid's face, thinking that very soon his prey would fall into his net.

 

A NOTE FROM SAARG

As always, Thanks for reading this story guys.

Remember to visit us on Patreon, you can find there our advanced chapters.

In advance, we appreciate your support, as with this, we can continue to bring you much more content and new original projects.
Leave us your comments to know what you think about today's chapter.

0