Chapter 33. The threads begin to interweave (Part III).
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boom!

Boom!

Crack

Crash

A rain of attacks reached where the Asherit clone was and without delaying a second, the still living members of the dead rose mercenaries began to flee in different directions.

Woosh ~

"Your attempt is useless, as I said before, no one will be able to retreat from this place today" After having easily dodged this barrage of attacks, the Asherit clone appeared on a tree branch and while analyzing the route that all the mercenaries were taking, his wooden bow began to manifest in his hand.

Pxx ~

Swish - Swish

Swish

Swish ~

This time, the Asherit clone only used condensed fire arrows, first firing two in a specific direction and then continuing shooting a few more in the direction of other mercenaries.

Boom!

"Aaargh", "Nooo!..",

"Uaagh.."

Sounds of explosions and cries of anguish began to be heard in different directions, making some mercenaries feel fortunate not to be the first targets of this man who seemed to carry the scythe of death.

After shooting these arrows, the Asherit clone began to move towards the last Low F Rank Mage, this was an elderly man, with scars and some other marks on his face.

"Damn, I'm too old to bear these things..." This man, who had dedicated his entire life to being a mercenary, commented in a whisper.

Happiness, sadness, pleasure, cruelty, he had lived through all kinds of events and was thinking of retiring to a quiet place to spend his last years, when, he was called once again by his most talented apprentice Igrel, since he had a certain affection for him, he decided help him before retiring.

When the young master that they were serving told them earlier that he would send them to run his family's businesses, this old mercenary thought that this was his chance and that he had made a good decision to help his apprentice.

However, the reality was sometimes much harsher and when this lord of death descended in front of them, he did not even have time to regret his decision as he used all his strength trying to get out of this situation alive.

"Don’t worry, I will grant you an eternal rest so that your old bones stop suffering.."

Hu ~

Suddenly, a whisper as out of the abyss, reached the old man's ears causing him to shudder.

Swosh

Buum

Almost instinctively, the old man fanned his sword and then released a smoke bomb to hide behind a tree.

"What a bad decision.." The old man heard this voice whispering again and a bad feeling began to rise in his chest, he was about to flee of this place when.

Crrii-Crag-Crrii

"Aaah" An involuntary cry came from the throat of this old mercenary when from the tree behind him, several branches began to come out and entangle him.

"WHAT?!, Aah, damn it!"

Boom

Crack-Crack-Tremble

This mercenary used all his strength, he even launched his earth magic techniques, but, even so, he was not able to get rid of the firm grip of these branches that spread through his body and that each time restricted him more and more.

Swosh ~

When he was finally immobile, the Asherit clone appeared in front of him silently and after observing him for a moment, he commented.

"I don't think I can reform the lives of all those who you hurt, but at least I can avenge them..."

Booom

Ffsss

Crackle-Crackle

A flame sprouted from the open palm of Asherit clone and quickly began to compress as it crackled.

"Mmhh-mhhh" The old mercenary could no longer even speak and the only thing that was not yet covered by the branches were his eyes, when he saw what was happening, despair made him lacerate his body more as he increased his strength trying to free himself of the branches.

Crackle ~

After a few seconds, the flame finished compressing, condensing into a drop as hot as a volcano and that did not stop vibrating.

This was a 'Magma Drop' and after this drop condensed, the Asherit clone created a dozen more and placed them quite skillfully at the feet of the mercenary, who was now a few inches above the ground due to the branches that imprisoned him.

"This small magma bonfire is my gift to all the people who suffered under your hand..."

'Clap' 'Clap' 'Pfa' 'Clap'

The Asherit clone used a hand seal and the branches began to slowly descend towards the campfire of magma drops.

These branches had come out of an array of vines possessed by Asherit's suit from the Elite Division, and it was one of a few that he had provided his clone for this mission.

With some changes and strengthening it a bit, such array had the ability to easily catch and control any High F-Rank Mage, however, the Asherit clone did not hesitate to waste it on this Low F-Rank Mage.

And is that, since he arrived on the scene, he had noticed a perverse aura in this old man, similar to those Laschyu brothers but much thicker.

"MMMH-MMMH-MAAAGH"

Crackle – Crackle

Moans and screams came from the old man as he slowly incinerated, the pain caused by being consumed by these drops of magma, may be was 10 or 20 times more than the pain of being incinerated alive by normal flames.

After seeing this old man who was pleading with his eyes one last time, the Asherit clone disappeared from the scene in the direction of other mercenaries.

"AAGHHH" A muffled cry was the only thing that the forest heard from this old man.

The area seemed the same as always, surprisingly, the tree that witnessed this was still intact while the magma drops, the wooden branches and the old man that they enveloped, had disappeared.

 ….

Boom

"Aaaargh!"

CraCK!

"Heeeelp!"

Xiu-Xiu

"Noooo...!"

Screams of pain and explosions of various kinds could be heard around the area, in a matter of a couple of minutes, the Asherit clone had already killed the remaining mercenaries.

'Shit..., what should I do?, If I try to run away...',

'No that will only make me more suspicious..”,

'Nor can I bribe that senior, if he turns out to be from a neutral faction or worse still, from a faction that fights against my family, I will be more than finished...',

'I only have that way...' The more he heard the screams and explosions, greater was the fear that born in Aldvid, bordered by anguish, he turned his gaze towards the rock shells of his teammates as he calculated that they were about to dissolve.

"Brothers.."

"I made a mistake, I know it and I'm sorry",

"From now on I promise not to cause you any more problems, I will do whatever you ask of me and you will even get great benefits from my family..",

"And-and not only you, even your families will get benefits from the Great Family Helm, so please ..",

"J-just let me explain the situation to the senior and don't deny my words",

Being desperate, Aldvid forgot that the sound could not get out of the rock shells, therefore, not hearing an answer, his fury flared and he yelled at everyone.

"IGNORANT BASTARDS!, Do you want your families to suffer the wrath of my Great Family Helm just for a mischief like this?!"

"Ooh, mischief you say..."

A cold voice came out of nowhere, petrifying Aldvid in fear for a second.

Step-Step ~

The sound of a few leisurely footsteps brought Aldvid out of his initial shock and turning in the direction of this sound, he saw a man in the uniform of the Elite Division walking imposingly towards him.

Crack-Crack

Crack-Crack

Right at this moment, the defensive arrays of the team 1 recruits began to fracture and fade.

Everyone was in shock as they saw the world outside of their rock shells.

Obviously, they had deduced the situation from hearing the conversations, arguments, screams and explosions from outside, however, upon seeing this imposing man from the Elite Division, they still couldn't help but be stunned for a moment.

In his left hand, the Asherit clone carried the head of Igrel, the captain of the Dead Rose Mercenaries and F-Rank Low Warrior.

Moreover, with his right hand, he was dragging an unconscious man with blood stains on his legs.

"Mm-Major..", while swallowing a bit of saliva, Aldvid began to plan his next words to get out of this situation.

"Senior, I apologize on behalf of my entire team, although..., they are not to blame..." Hearing Aldvid's prayer, the members of team 1 were filled with fury and Grund Maw was about to reprimand Aldvid, but Malduin stopped him, gesturing for him to wait.

"We were having too much success in carrying out our mission when we found these mercenaries",

"From among the jokes, the idea of ​​using them to get information from enemy spies was born and due to my arrogance, I believed that we could control these men, but everything got out of control...",

So far, the members of team 1 clearly understood Aldvid's intentions and were only filled with more fury.

On the other hand, the Asherit clone continued to going towards them with no signs of stopping.

"Th-these beasts tried to attack the women of our team, although Findra as well as all of us were saved by your greatest kindness, but, our partner Mariel..., she, she...", with a face of regret and without pausing when noticing that this major kept getting closer, Aldvid commented.

"She is safe...", hearing this senior of the Elite Division complete Aldvid's words like this, everyone gave him a look full of shock, Aldvid especially, felt his heart stop as he saw how this major it kept getting closer.

To him, it seemed as if the size of this man was increasing until he looked like a giant.

"I took care of the dogs that tried to bite her and then she told me what was happening..",

"I also found out about the 'mischief' you were doing and even more interesting...",

Hearing the words of this man from the Elite Division up to here, Aldvid had already lost all color from his face, unconsciously, he put his hand in one of his pockets while he kept listening without being able to speak.

"From this guy, I found out about the 'mischief' your Helm family has been up to..."

Pa!

The Asherit clone then released the subject with blood on the legs that it had been dragging.

Asherit had been trained by the greatest cultivator and scholar of his time, his mother Elizabeth Empyreal Ignis, she had put him through different trainings just to be able to notice even the smallest detail in the most chaotic situations.

Thanks to those abilities, the Asherit clone that could be said is a part of Asherit itself, he had noticed that this subject was the first to try to flee when he arrived on the scene and likewise, he was the first to flee when they were given the order, taking cover from their companions to open a path.

From this, the Asherit clone was able to deduce that this person is the one who most feared death and the first two fire arrows he launched were to immobilize this man.

When the Asherit clone finished with the other mercenaries, he went to where this man was still crawling to escape and after using some torture methods that were also taught to him by his mother, the man recounted everything he had seen since he was united the mercenaries of the dead rose.

Cold sweat began to trickle down Aldvid's already pale body, a pain in his chest deepening and a lump formed in his throat.

"M-mm-major, W-what are you talking about?, H-how would a mere mercenary know about my family's affairs?, Maybe he just made up random things to protect his life?" Aldvid launched several questions speaking quickly and stuttering, in his tone, everyone noticed a certain nervousness, but he did not care and said again.

"Major, it would be best to eliminate this guy, that is..., you don't have to get your hands dirty with someone so short..." The Asherit clone was already a few steps from Aldvid when he released the unconscious mercenary, so drawing a beautiful and sharp dagger from the pocket in which he had earlier put his hand, Aldvid launched himself at this mercenary with all his energy.

Swish

Malduin, Findra and the others were shocked to see this, but it was easy to understand that Aldvid wanted to remove the evidence that this mercenary could give, by then the accusations would only come from an unnamed member of the Elite Division against one of the Great Families of the Abysmal Kingdom.

They could even buy this man's silence when he realized that he didn't have many resources to threaten such a big family.

The Asherit clone obviously understood this, but was more surprised by the dagger in Aldvid's hand.

'A magic weapon...', there were magic objects of all kinds and among them, magic weapons were among the most valued.

Magic weapons were objects created with a mana core and other magical materials that had the ability to conduct the magic of some type of element.

Regularly, any magic weapon could greatly increase a cultivator's strength, even more so when its mana core was from an element related to it.

However, the mana cores were scarce and the blacksmiths capable of forging such magical objects were even more so, so the magic weapons that circulated in the continent, were mostly inherited from the past and all were very rare and valuable, much more than the uniforms of the Elite Division which were also magic items.

'And apparently, it's a pretty decent one…' Although no one could see him due to his hood, a slight smile spread across the Asherit clone's face and he slowly extended his hands towards Aldvid.

Aldvid on the other hand was unfazed by this, and as if in his calculations, he commented.

"I'm sorry Sir"

Crag-Crag-Crag

To slow down the Asherit clone, Aldvid activated the vine array on his uniform, he knew he only needed an instant to kill this mercenary and then even if all these guys spoke against him, his family would have a great chance of silencing everything.

The Asherit clone on the other hand, also paid no attention to the vines and his hands continued forward.

Ffss

Crackle-Crackle

Just as the vines were trying to climb up the Asherit clone's body, a fiery flame sprouted from his feet and incinerated them in an instant.

It should be noted that said vines could stop any Low F Rank Mage, but at this moment, they had been evaporated like a drop of water falling into an active volcano.

Then, as gentle as if it were not scattering a dandelion, the Asherit clone took Aldvid by both hands.

Falling into this scene, Aldvid remembered a past hatred and burning in anger, he began to put all his mana into the dagger to throw it while activating his defensive array.

Crack

BOOOM!

All was silent for a few seconds, the mouths of Ransar, Grund and the others almost reaching the ground as they tried to digest in horror what had just happened.

Booom!

Crack!

A tree was heard being destroyed by the body that crashed into it.

Branches, leaves and pieces of wood flew everywhere while the dust had not yet settled.

Woooh ~

Puagh!

When the dust finally settled, the young recruits saw Aldvid vomiting blood and thrown like a dying dog.

The scariest thing was that where his arms were supposed to be, only rivers of blood ran.

Then, turning his gaze on the major of the Elite Division, everyone saw how his hands were still holding onto Aldvid's missing arms, which had been ripped from his shoulders.

Keeping the dagger in its interspace ring, the Asherit clone yanked Aldvid's arms to their feet.

Ffss ~

Crackle-Crackle

"Aaaargh"

Pa!

Seeing how his arms were incinerated by the flame that came from this man's feet, Aldvid fell unconscious from fury, fear and despair.

"Some of you cauterize the arms of that subject, the others take the head of this mercenary and imprison this other without taking his life",

"Don't worry, I doubt that this not-handed man has the strength to reveal himself and I have used a method to immobilize this mercenary so he will not give you problems",

"I will go for your partner while you go to the outpost, prepare a message explaining the situation and do not send it until I arrive",

"It is understood?"…

Still full of surprise, no one answered until after a few seconds and after seeing how this major disappeared, everyone began to work even with some fear.

…..

'What should I do?, What should I do?...',

'When the tracking array was activated in signal of help, the signal of the seventh prince did not appear on the map, what is that supposed to mean?', Mariel Robewind paced from side to side nervously.

She believed in the strength of the seventh prince and her monstrous talent, but not seeing him on the map when the tracking array was activated, she thought he might have had some accident so she was thinking of heading to the place to check it out.

However, she also did not want to disobey the order he had given her and cause more problems when arriving on the scene, and thus her indecision.

Just when she was becoming more and more convinced to go take a look.

Shua ~

A cloud of haze slowly materialized a few feet from her, showing Asherit's clone without a hood.

"Your Highness!" With a cry of joy, Mariel ran in front of this young man.

"Mm, you don't need to call me like that..", feeling somewhat uncomfortable, the Asherit clone commented while Mariel nodded a bit embarrassed.

"Your.., young prince.., emm"

"Just call me Asherit.."

"Ok brother Asherit, what happened?, How are the others?" Mariel asked full of doubts.

"Those who should be fine, are", a little surprised by his response, Mariel continued to pay attention to the Asherit clone and he continued.

"Well, in general, this happened...", after telling Mariel a summary without many details, the Asherit clone asked.

"Could you please keep it a secret that I was the one who rescued you?, Given the information you just obtained, I think you understand why I want to do this at least for now" Still with a face full of stupor, Mariel nodded as she promised keeping the identity of who his partners thought was a major of the Elite Division secret.

"Well, your comrades will no longer be coming for you, and I still need that message to be sent, so, let's move to the outpost"

"Yes!"

Although they were at the pace of Mariel, they still arrived in less than an hour with the other members of team 1, when they saw that Mariel was fine, some members of team 1 were happy, on the other hand, Mariel looked with horror at Aldvid's half dead while thinking that he was a pity to have missed the heroic fight of the young seventh prince.

'The outpost is empty, it seems that the little handlebar had already moved some pieces with his family...',

'But, for now that doesn't matter…' Putting aside the matter of Aldvid and the Helms, the Asherit clone instructed that the message be sent to the intelligence center of the Elite Division.

zzzZZOOM! ~

Ta!

When the message came out of Malduin's Elite Division uniform, Asherit's clone activated a spirit tracking technique that Asherit had planted in him, as it was planted with a separate spirit energy capsule from the spirit seed that controll this clone, their capabilities were not reduced in the least.

A rather thin link was created between the clone's spirit seed and the spirit energy that followed the message to the intelligence center, although it was very vague, the Asherit clone was able to track it without much effort.

"Due to the great commotion that was caused, I imagine that if there were enemy spies in the area they will already know about us", the voice of this major shook everyone from their thoughts and they nodded seriously to him.

“Although I have an important mission, it seems that I can accompany you to an active outpost, however…”,

"This may affect the outcome of your mission, if you are willing to follow me, we will leave in 5 minutes"

Swoosh

After his words, the Asherit clone emerged from the small hut that served as an outpost and in the lotus position, began to trace a route in his head.

...

"Senior, since the place is very dangerous for recruits like us, we have decided to follow you" After 5 minutes, Malduin, Mariel and the others commented this to the Asherit clone.

"Alright, let's move then..."

"Yes sir!"

Swish-Swish ~

After nodding at them, the Asherit clone ordered them to bring the mercenary still alive and the now not-handed young man, and they all marched at a steady pace in the direction of the South.

 

A NOTE FROM SAARG
 
Hey What's up guys!
Thank you for reading this story.
 
Remember to visit us on Patreon because, this month we have a little goal and if we reach it, we will upload a pack of several advanced chapters.
 
Also, you can find there our advanced chapters.
In advance, we appreciate your support, as with this, we can continue to bring you much more content and new original projects.
Leave us your comments to know what you think about today's chapter.
0