Gubba
109 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second morning started with a similar routine as the day before for Sasha, who helped Vanessa prepare food and talked with her. Vanessa, however, wasn’t the same person she had been the other night. She lacked any social grace and was very jittery today. Constant outbursts of anger were directed towards Sasha, quickly followed with an apology. 

“Something was wrong, very wrong,” Sasha thought. Clearly, Vanessa was keeping something from her. Whether it was something about Todd and Darrell’s disappearance or something completely unrelated, she knew her host was worried. Sasha decided it was in her best interest to try and help Vanessa get over whatever was bothering her, since she had been so welcoming to them.

“Are you alright Vanessa? You’ve been all worried and stressed all morning. I really think you could use a break,” confided Sasha.

“I’m always get in a bad mood when Darrell’s gone. Why can’t he just stay here, with me,” sobbed Vanessa.

“But from what you’ve told me he always comes back, so there’s no need to get all angst about it.”

“Oh, it’s hard for you to understand. You don’t know what we’ve been through together. Don’t worry you’ll learn soon enough,” Vanessa meekily replied.

“How about we go for a walk. My legs are getting numb from sitting around these last couple of days. I think it would do you some good.”

Vanessa just nodded her head.

Todd was colder than he had ever been. No shelter, no fire, no blankets were there to keep him warm during the frigid cold night. He hadn’t a clue where he was or how to get back, only the vague sense of direction he came from.

The vampire's axe was lodged inches within the tree he'd swung at. On his dead frozen body was a white fur coat which was by far Todd’s favorite find. Anything that kept him warm was a valuable item out in the cold unforgiving North. In his coat pocket Todd found a silver badge with an emblem of a blood drop etched into the metal surface. A flask filled with brandy was tucked in his pants.

Todd started walking in the direction he thought he came from. It was a clear, but cold day. Song birds chirped from tree to tree, gossiping on what they were seeing below. He even came across a white rabbit, which he attempted to catch, but without the necessary weapons he was unable to kill it.

He had found a river leading in the right direction. Whether or not it would take him back to the small cluster of cottages was yet to be seen. A small shack came into view eventually. Todd could see little green men fishing in the river and wrestling each other over what looked like a large bone.

Todd had never met any goblins before, so he wasn’t sure whether they were hostile or not. He figured if he acted large and asserted his dominance, he could get directions out of the small green gremlins if they weren’t aggressive.

Todd stood on a rock and screamed as loud as he could. The goblins turned and gave Todd a weird glance.

One of the goblins turned to Todd and said “This human not right in head. He’s got the crazies”

This caused all the other goblins to snort and laugh at the not so funny joke the goblin tried to make.

“Watcha yah want from us,” a smaller lighter green goblin snarled.

“Do you know where I can find the vampires?”

“We does, but you gotta pay us. We be wantin your boots.” This caused an uproar of more laughing and snorting.

.”I can’t do that I’ll get frostbite,” Todd stated in frustration.

“How bout dis. Dah Vamps took Gubba from us, get Gubba back and we’ve a deal,” commanded the largest of the goblins.”

“Deal,” said Todd.

Another goblin who had been fiddling with a stick look at the biggest goblin, who was probably the chief, and said “Gubba was friend. I go with an helps.”

The chief nodded in agreement. Todd probably wouldn’t need any help, but he didn’t want to turn away the only people able to show him his way back.

2