Arc 1 : Chapter 01 : Encountering V-03
228 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2006

"Tiana stop trying to eat Maya's candy!" Maria scolded Tiana who stuck out her tongue and crossed her arms.

"Big Brother Sage told me to eat lots so I can grow up and be big like you and Tanya!" Hearing her words, Maria's lips twitched as she walked over and rubbed Tiana's messy black hair.

"You don't need to be in such a hurry to grow, enjoy being young." Hearing Maria, Tiana wasn't sure what she meant, but she nodded like a docile kitten.

"Rana, where is the candies?! I just turned around for a moment and you already snatched it?" Maria turned and saw that the candy was gone.

Hearing feet drum against the floor, Rana ran over, her mouth and hands covered in chocolate. Her beaming face and pure eyes made Maria reluctant to punish her.

"Aunty Maria, I don't have any candy! I definitely didn't eat Maya's candy either." Hearing Rana lie through her teeth while keeping her pure expression made Maria laugh.

"Child, you are covered in evidence. Why are you trying to lie?" Her hand rubbed Rana's head who buried her choclate covered face into Maria's pants.

"Because big brother Sage said that if I eat something without permission, he'll not want to play with me anymore. So I don't want you to tell Sage pretty please?"

Seeing Rana's imploring eyes, Tanya walked over from the corner and rapped Rana on the head.

"Seems like someone's got a case of sticky fingers. Come lets get you cleaned up before Maya comes looking for her candy."


2015

A youth with a toned body and handsome face stood besides a swing with his hair looking as if a storm had swept through it, with two girls younger than him begging him to push them higher.

Both Rana and Tiana had grown into beautiful teenagers, alongside Maya who had slowly started to distance herself from Sage.

"Big bro! I want to get pushed higher!" Rana squealed as she felt Sage's hands on her lower back. Sage gathered his energy and then pushed Rana down.

The force made Rana dizzy in delight, and she wore a silly smile until the swing began to slow down. Tiana also took the opportunity to get pushed by Sage as well.

"Maria is looking for you Sage. She said to tell you to come back early." Maya said from where she sat taking pictures of herself.

"I'm going then. Little sisters, listen to your big sister." Sage pulled out his own phone and headed back to the orphanage, which was more like a house than an orphanage as only four kids resided there.

Maya shot him a look of annoyance as he stopped and flicked her forehead. "I'm not a kid, leave me alone!" Seeing her pout slightly, he smiled and left after patting her back.

After Sage left, and she was sure he wouldn't turn around, she turned her attention to him fully, watching his figure as he gradually vanished.

"Big sis, since you like big bro so much, just tell him!" Rana latched on to Maya's arm and swung around while Maya's face turned red in embarrassment.

"I don't like Sage! Stop talking nonsense or I'll turn you over and spank you." Hearing Maya, Rana ran off to play with Tiana who was too timid to play with others.

After grabbing Tiana's hands, Rana dragged her over to the slides. Maya looked at the two before turning back tonnes phone.

If one were to click the gallery, they'd see many pictures of Sage  in various acts. Her eyes shone with a glimmer that vanished quickly.

...

Sage walked in and saw Tanya lying on the couch, her shirt barely fulfilling its purpose as it tried to contain Tanya's enormous rack.

Sage had been indifferent to women when he was younger, but he was now fifteen, and he had a vague idea of things between men and women.

"Sage, come help me! My back hurts, massage my back." For some reason unknown to Sage, Tanya liked to tease Sage for her own amusement.

"Tanya, stop acting like a child. Sage, I was cleaning the storage and found the basket you were in when we took you in."

Maria handed Sage the small basket and he looked it over with curiosity. After turning it this way and that, he realized it was the only thing left behind by his true parents.

Sage didn't do much and handed it back to Maria who buried Sage's face between her well endowed peaks. Unlike Tanya who teased Sage on purpose, Maria seemed to still see Sage as a child and often babied him.


2019

Sage's hair was neat and short, and he wore a special operations uniform as well as his full combat gear. He sat in a helicopter, the engine making a constant noise.

"Your objective is to destroy a hidden lab belonging to the Starlight Organization. Neutralize every hostile and make sure to place the charges in position." A voice came from the earpiece he wore.

Four other men replied and started forget ready to parachute down to the base. After they leapt off the helicopter, they fell for several hundred feet before allowing their black parachutes to open, blending in with the dark night sky. 

When the first operative touched down, he shrugged the parachute off his back and started to sweep the area.

The other four landed at the cardinal direction and started to assault the base from each direction. Sage ducked as bullets shot past him as he charged forward, his eyes cold.

After he got inside, he realized everyone was already dead, he walked into a lab and saw a man in a white coat on the floor with a bullet hole in his temple.

'Seems like he killed himself. Wait, what is that?' Sage crouched and felt the coat's pocket and found a small red crystal in a tube container.

On the side was marked as V-03. Searching the office was another directive,  and after he radioed in that he found a sample, the other end of the line burst into activity.

His mission was simple. Get the tube back to the Dawn Military Base, and turn over any research found on the sample.

Sage sat down and started to go through the chat logs while placing a USB into the laptop.

[Day 1 - The genetic sample known as V-03 has no reaction to anything besides human blood. As form the qualitative change after blood is added is unknown.

Day 2 - V-03 consumes blood and somehow converts it into energy. Any human sample DNA tested are quickly taken over by V-03's sample.

Day - 7 - Research on V-03 is slowing down. The higher ups want me to try and find something worth continuing the V Project, however research has hit a bottle neck.

Day - 19 - V-03 still overrides and devours cells and convert them to a strange state, however shortly after blood is used as energy, when the energy runs out, the DNA sample strangely turns to something with the consistency and genetic make up of ash.

Day - 38 - V-03 converted a subject into something nonhuman, and the guards were quickly called th put it down, however it seemed to be unstoppable. Only after the energy ran out did the subject perish. We are trespassing into dangeous territory! Some things aren't meant to exist!

Day - 75 - V-03 is cursed! I don't know what it is, but it's very nature changes things. V-03 tested on animals heightens aggression and slowly drives animals to consume the blood of another. The carriers even underwent a change, turning pale, and eyes undergoing changes, however every subject seems incomplete, as if missing something.

Day - 139  -  V-03 has hit a wall. All previous subjects perished and turned to dust, making my past work meaningless. I've applied to transfer departments. I pity whoever gets stuck working with this evil thing. 

Day - 256 - American Forces have dropped in from helicopters, and the guards are gone. The V-03 sample which has never actively changed underwent another change and seemed to gain awareness. It now appears or be trying to actively infect a host. I got the sample into a reinforced tube and am ready for transportation out of here.

Log - I don't known what the others were researching but they are insane! I don't know what it is, but it killed everyone left behind! It's outside right now, and I can hear it trying to get in! I-I'm sorry that I ever tried to work with such a demonic thing! I have one option left. This is my last log. Do not allow the sample to leave this base, let it die along with all of us. Oh god, please let it end with us....

Log Terminated...

Sage frowned as he read the logs, and glanced at the docile red substance within the tube.

'This is that dangerous? What was it that killed everyone? I saw a bunch of wounds that looked to be inflicted by a sharp object...' His hair stood on ends as he spun around and fired at something standing in the doorway!

It was a pale creature, with weirdly pale skin and a savage appearance. Jagged fangs stuck out from it's bloody mouth and the bullets that hit it didn't seem to faze it. Black blood leaked from the wounds as the thing leapt at Sage.

Using the rolling chair, he rolled backwards, but he underestimated the thing's speed! A bloody gash opened on his leg and jagged teeth sank into his arm, shredding through his clothes.

With his arm lodged in it's mouth, he took his pistol and fired three rounds into it's head, however it still didn't die.

Only now did Sage recall that the log where the man said they were doing something wrong. This thing latched to his arm definitely couldn't be killed by normal people, and according to the logs, it was incomplete.

If this was an incomplete subject, what about a complete one? He aimed his pistol at it's chest and fired four rounds into it's heart.

With a snarl, it staggered back as it's body slowly turned paler. It collapsed in a heap, twitching as if it were about to leap back up.

"Command, the sample is destroyed. A creature of unknown origin, probably a test subject gone bad killed all the people in the north wing."

He looked back at the cloudy eyes and jagged fangs and couldn't help but wonder if it was a vampire. His arm still bled and even when he covered it and applied pressure, the bleeding didn't stop.

Sage frowned as a lance of pain shot up his arm. He froze, and then ran to the laptop and looked at the logs. When he found the part about the infected and changing of DNA, he sucked in a mouthful of cold air.

'This is fucked. I need to quickly get back and see if I can get this fixed before I end up like that thing.' He got to his feet and jogged out the base, leaving his pack full of explosives behind.

The earth shook as a blast sounded and the other wings blew up and crumbled inwards. After their transport arrived, Sage was tended to by a combat medic and finally did the bleeding stop.

He got on to the plane and fell asleep after a few minutes despite the noise. When they arrived back in the United States, he directly asked to leave the military, and because his merits, he was allowed to leave without being discharged dishonorably.

 

3