Ch.3
111 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The young woman was currently in her room, panting like a dog in the middle of the night, truly she looked stupid with her sweats dripping down her face unto the floor as the moon shined through her little window bouncing to her black raven hair, making the woman's eyes glow. She was on her floor, trying to achieve a strong body by doing push-ups however that was not the case. She expected at least five but her body's not giving her what she wants. It was so dang weak! She can't even do one.

The woman collapsed on the floor with a loud thud, gasping for air, she wanted to slap herself for not bringing some water with her, while she was laying on the floor. Excitement rush unto her mind as she remembers that her day of escape has finally come. Today was the day she'll be escaping this hell house, she may have lost her strength but her thinking will always be the same, just as they said " Fools take a knife and stab people in the back. The wise take a knife, cut the cord, and set themselves free from fools."

It was clear to her that all her doing was just to free herself in the corrupt house of The Hensberg Family, none of them was truly wise but all of them she considered as a fool that doesn't want to be corrected. They've treated their own daughter as a piece of trash with no worth, it's disgusting how they can still show their wicked smiles after literally abusing their one and only daughter and there's also her brother, the person this woman's body has trusted, trust is a heavy word, trust is something you cannot just give but just as she was naive, it was the same with this beautiful woman. It made the woman chuckled in disgust.

How can they be both naive? The wise became a fool because of love but she had enough of love. This made the woman chuckle once again. It was bitter but it also sounded pained, it was pathetic; thinking about how she died. It wasn't even heroic, it was just plain stupid. Her hands ran to her hair, gripping it as she squeezes her eyes shut.

It's not the time to let frustration crawl in her head. Sometimes it did cross the woman's mind to just murder them all, to vent her anger out to these people she calls "family" that doesn't even have the slightest bit of remorse but considering how bad her reputation is, she won't last a day. Probably all the blame will land on her and if that happens maybe she won't just turn into a doll, she shivered, just thinking about it gave her chills. Another thing is that this girl is weak she can't even do one push-up, let alone punch. She'll die in the process if they give her a fight and she's certain they will. They sold their daughter so they can have money and that money is their hope to live. What more can they not do?

Staying here, the woman noticed something very strange, a little cough coming from her makes all of them scared, it was funny but weird at the same time and so the woman used that to her advantage. She was a curse, wasn't she? And that's how her plan will work, she'll fake being sick, a cough here and there, she'll give a little sneeze, pretend she was weak and all of them will overreact like they always do then they'll leave her down in the maid's room, alone for her to "suffer" while all of them be blasting their mouths for her to just die.

While all of them were murmuring, she can have the maid quarters for herself then she'll escape through the back door with all the money she stole from her so-called parents then she'll burn the house down to the ground. And all of them thought that they have her playing in their hands, sadly for them, she was the one that was playing. They thought they hid the money very well in their safe little vault but the woman saw it all. 

The woman knew that burning the house down means just really burning it, none of them will die because before they burn in the house, they'll smell the smell of smoke and they'll see the fire crawling up to them. They'll panic that's for sure especially the head maid then she'll run to her master's room and poor them because they cannot do anything to remove the fire, it was too big since it started in the maid's room then her parents will get their safe so that they have the money to survive but sneaky Aria has got it all.

Then she'll finally escape their grasp with all the money in her hands and since she was sick; very weak. None of them will think she took it because all of them will find that Aria has died in the fire, she'll be faking her own death but at least she'll be able to live her life without worrying about rats following her behind her back and scheming for her death. Isn't it a win-win situation? All of them are alive and well and so was she! How magnificent!

Finally, the woman got up just as the sun was rising in the east, she looked at herself and one word can describe her: sh*t, she looked like sh*t which was good. Her hair was messy and her eyes got some bags underneath them. All she needs to do now was to work out, again, so she can have that natural red sweaty face and weak body.

Working out for this lady means fighting between life and death. Why was she so weak? Her body hurts like hell and her face that was already sweaty and disgusting to look at was now at its worst, perfect.

She got up with her sore body and walked out of her room, all of them looked at her and noticed that something was already wrong. She coughed then coughed and just as she planned all of them looked at her with revulsion. The head maid stared at her with her brows knitted together, wrinkles formed at the top of her brows, saying:

"You! What's wrong with you? Why do you look like that?" 

"I fe-" 

She cut herself by coughing, loudly. 

"N-nothing's w-wrong. I can go to work."

"No! What if you give us some disease o-or some curse! What if the master has the disease? Stay here and rest."

"t-thank you." 

She was about to hug her but the woman immediately went away, shouting at her.

"DON'T YOU DARE COME NEAR ME!"

And just like that all of them went out, she was sure they'll be staying in the other maid's quarter. This scenario like this has already happened in the story. When Aria was sick they'll leave her by herself in the maid's room while all of the other maids stay in the other maid's quarters where she can't go in, the woman smirks and a sigh of delight escaped her lips. Everything was going just as she planned.

A little later everything that she needed was already packed up in her bag. It was already one in the afternoon which means she needed to move faster, walking back into the kitchen she took the shears, went back to her room. She removed her clothing and starts cutting them into shreds then she left it into her bed then she took something under her bed which was the oil she needed to burn everything down to the ash.

Holding it she shook it a little then she dumps it in her room the proceeded to dump it all in the maid's quarter. She returned to her room, took her bag with her and she moseyed to the backdoor, holding a match. She gave one last look at it, saying 

"Have fun, trying to survive."

Then she drops the lit matchstick on the floor and so quickly fire appeared crawling to the kitchen and unto her room. She smiled then she walked away, knowing very clearly that what she has planned has been successful, and just like that, joy came jumping in her heart, making her face beam

It's been hours since she left the house, she went straight in the forest, not wanting to risk herself to be seen by the princess or them, but ever since she left she's been wandering in the forest! She thought that maybe if she keeps walking she'll see a village where she can stay but tough luck cause the sun's already setting but she's still lost in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe she isn't gonna die of torture but of hunger. She may have brought with her some food but she's pretty sure it's not gonna last long and of course, her goal is to not die so she continues to walk and finally fate is by her side for she saw at the distance a village, a small village! This is it, the place she'll call home.

When she arrived there, the sun was down already and most of the people are in their homes. The village was simple yet very welcoming, the houses were not that big and that fancy but it wasn't that small and shabby, most of the homes were just right, others were smaller than the rest of the houses but still it fits the village very well, while the woman was gawking at how beautiful the village was, an old lady saw her and immediately knew that she wasn't from her for everyone in the village knew each other, after all, it was a small village.

The old woman went up to her saying:

"Are you new here?"

The woman flinched at the sound of the voice, looking back at her shoulder she saw an old lady that was taller than, much taller than her, she can be called a giant for goodness sake! Her eyes held so much kindness with her bright lilac eyes, there were wrinkles on her face but the woman couldn't deny that she was beautiful. 

'How come all the people here look stunning?!'

The woman thought, the old lady smiled at her and she answered her politely

"Yes, I am. I'm actually looking for a place to stay."

"Oh! You are in luck dear for I own a house here where you can stay."

Without hesitation the old woman grabbed her arms, hooking it with her arm then she dragged her away with so much speed which made the young girl laugh. This only proved her judgment that this village is welcoming. It excites that girl to imagine herself living in this village with kind people. 

The old woman stopped, looking forward and so did she, the woman gasped at what's in front of her. It was a small house made of red Lyons sandstone with a simple looking fence around it with velvet drapes framed the windows, the lace inner curtains remained drawn, allowing the moonlight to enter, it was perfect. 

"Why is it ugly?"

"Oh no! ma'am it's perfect, very!"

Inside the house, she noticed the beautiful polished wood floors, the walls were plain white that gives off the room a lighter atmosphere, the living room was just beside the kitchen, it only consists of a small couch and at the front by the left corner was a table for at least 2 persons, the kitchen was small as well considering how small the house is, and at the very end of the kitchen at the right side was the bathroom. What amazed her was that her room was at the top of it all. The living room has small ladder stairs which saved a lot of space and the place where her bed lies were made of the same stone her house was built, it was painted in white and her bed was just foam mattress with four pillows that was arranged well.

"I love it! It's gorgeous."

"I was waiting for the right person to rent this and when I found you. I knew you'll be the one to own this and since I like you very much, I'll give you a nice discount."

"Ma'am, may I have your name?"

"Oh my! How rude of me. I am Hiana Gregorson."

The old woman was surely kind but it was better for her to stay safe than to be sorry. What if she was a spy for that family? What if she was the one that'll be the death of her? No, she isn't letting herself be fooled again. She rather fools them than she be fooled by them and so she lied, saying:

"Ria. Ria Berg."

The old woman smiled at her.

After a long talk between her and the old woman, the old woman went home. When the woman was gone a sigh of delight escape the woman's plump lips, observing the room once again with joy leaping out of her eyes. This wasn't just a house, this was her house, a place she can call home. 

The next morning she got up very early, doing household chores, she wanted her new home to be perfect in every way, long hours after she had finished cleaning everything. The house may be small but its dirt lurking around it isn't, seeing how it was shining clean, satisfaction washed away her tired form, it was amazing how her petite body managed to carry all those heavy things, guess working out is working after all. Presently she was at her fence, removing all the weeds in the dirt and planting beautiful plants and flowers.

Her face was holding such a peaceful smile but all of it was ruined by the screams she heard at the distance. There were weeping and gnashing of teeth, and as a normal person anyone would get curious to check what had happened but she was different

She wasn't normal she had the memories of her past life and as many said curiosity killed the cat, she will allow them to call her names: witch, rat, maid, pathetic, curse, but never will she let herself be dead so ever so quickly she ran back inside, took her things but shame ignited in her heart. Was she going to let other people just die? Was she really this selfish? 

Isn't it wrong to survive? No, trying to clear up her conscience will do nothing, it only shows that she really is guilty of something, she became too selfish. Everything happened so fast, the next thing she knows was that she finds herself in the scene. There were guards, soldiers to be exact of some kingdom that she was not familiar, they were roughly grabbing both women and children, throwing them into their prison cart, flames were roaring out of the houses, and men, just like before found themselves dead in the ground.

The soldiers were laughing at the scene of the women and the children, begging and weeping, it was as if they were watching a fun show, it was degrading and it made the young woman's blood boil but let's be real because this isn't some sort of children's story where the protagonist shows up and saves them all, no this is reality. Once she tries to argue with one of them let alone fight she may find herself like the men in the ground, dead.

She was outnumbered, she doesn't even have a gun to defend herself. Once again she made a fool of herself, coming here was a death sentence. Why didn't she just escape? Why didn't she just become selfish? Acting heroically wouldn't make a difference, she did not even know these people so why did her feet take her here, knowing very well that she'll be of no help.

All she wanted was to live in peace, she even cleaned her house, showed satisfaction. What kind of irony is this? She cleaned her house so it can be burned down in the ground, karma is really real isn't it? A bitter laugh escapes her lips that caught the guard's attention, they all looked at her with questioning looks but it was more of disgust seeing how she stand out of the rest. 

No doubt it's her red bloodshot eyes and raven hair but she was treated as equally as the rest. They roughly grabbed her arms and dragged her to their prison cart but she gave no fight, she rather not. They threw her in along with the rest, all of them were sobbing with fresh vivid blood oozing out of their fresh wounds, given by these disgusting men. In just one day she has lost everything, her home, her clothes, her food, and even that thing that she stole from her dang parents, her key to survival.

JUST PERFECT.

 

 

4