Chapter 0 – Prologue Part 3: The Ender Machine
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The doors to the dark throne room opened once more. This time, the woman in the black armor was accompanied by another individual. Another woman who was dressed as if she was in mourn. Wearing a veil to cover her face partially and wearing all black like her partner.

The Dark King would shift in his seat, overhearing the sounds of combat occurring through the slim window.

"My king, the battle has begun outside the walls of the castle. Judging from how it is being played out, the battle will quickly breach the walls and occur inside." The Black Knight repelled the news of the battle to her majesty. News that causes the Dark King to shift his expression to indicate his disappointment with this reality.

He turns his shift to the other, who pulls out a black orb that looked to be filled with swirling smoke inside of it. It gives a faint glow to it.

"My king, it seems that the main vanguard of the enemy is the Hero of Light. And our spies have informed us that the army he has gained behind him is a united one from every country of the world."

The Dark King closes his eyes, reflecting on this news.

"So, the world has had enough of us and has decided to finally go all out in finishing us. Should have guessed such a thing would occur." He stands off of his throne, his 10-foot figure startled the two women and they duck their heads lower. "That would only give us confirmation that what we are doing is worth protecting. Something that the world can't handle if we accomplish our goal." Even hearing himself say this gave him a thrill. Something he hasn't felt for a long time. A smirk appears on his face. "Give them everything we have. Anything we have at our disposal, use it on the enemy. This indeed will be the final battle we as the Dark Kingdom will participate in. Our victory will be the new beginning."

Somewhere in the castle, a man shrouded in robes that were decorated with stitched tattoos of magic circles and symbols would mutter to himself as he examines a large contraction that was moving in place as it seemed to be adjusting itself. He was too preoccupied with his train of thought that he couldn't hear the sound of something moving from within the laboratory he was in and going down a series of stairs was the Dark King himself.

After hearing the news that the Queen of Light has entered the battle and even infiltrated the castle to join the Hero of Light, the Dark King took action in that he shall be with the machine as a last defense while he leaves his two generals to protect the throne room to keep them from finding this secret lab.

"What news do you have for me, wizard?"

The wizard whom he asked was startled at first as he hops from where he stood and turns to face him with his staff that he tucks inside his robe.

"A-ah, your majesty. I did not hear you arrive." He goes to clear his throat as he begins to answer his question. "The machine itself is complete as we have confirmed yesterday. But now we are simply waiting for the energy fuels to fill up before we can activate it."

"I don't need a re-trend, I need results. How much time until the cells are full?"

"I regret to say that it could be another hour or so." He states as he clears his throat and looks nervously at the machine. Keeping his head tucked deep into his hood.

The Dark King made no reaction at this fact, least, not one that the wizard could recognize. With being said, the wizard would return to the machine, fidgeting with the many levers and cogs that are around it.

As the two remained at the lab, the sounds begin to brew up at the throne. The king ordered his two generals to remain at the throne room for the chance that the Queen of Light and the Hero would reach it.

"Those two are already here." The Dark King would say as he listens to the noises that were very much the sounds of combat. The lab trembled, getting the wizard's attention.

"W-what was that?" He would say as he looks about nervously. "Are they here already?"

The Dark King raises an eyebrow at him, he seemed to notice and quickly reverts to working on the machine.

"Have you heard the rumors, wizard?"

"W-what rumors, m-my king?"

"About the spy in our ranks. The Kingdom of Light didn't mobilize after we had gathered the last piece of the machine. And they are attacking us on the day the machine is nearly complete."

"Y-yes, quite the coincidence. The fates are still trying to get in your way like always."

"And now they are in my throne, attacking my two generals. The only other two aside from us who know how to enter it without setting the death trap." Even with his hood on, both can tell how visible nervous the wizard seemed to be as the Dark King continued listing the strange occurrences.

"I think you understand what will happen next, do you?"

His threat was taken to heart, as the wizard quickly took out his staff and pointed at the Dark King. Invisible bullets were shot at him, but they barely caused him to flinch upon impact. Shocked at how much the power difference was between them, he aims the staff at himself, and in a split second, he would disappear right before the King's eyes.

The Dark King would quietly step up to the machine and study the gauges on the machine. It showed that all of the cell fuels were nearly full. He smirks at himself, 'Can't believe that he tried to lie about the time.'

1