Chapter 0 – Prologue Part 5: The End
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room shook once more and then the sounds of someone being thrown against a wall could be heard. Looking up, the Dark King finds the Black Knight falling to him. With a single hand, he was able to catch her before she made contact with the machine and its panel.

"M-m-my king. I'm sorry...I failed you."

Sleep, for now, my loyal knight. You have done work for your King well enough to gain his hand.

"Thank y-you, my lovely King." She quietly shuts her eyes. The other general struggles to go down the spiral of stairs from the secret passage that leads from the throne room and to the secret lab.

"My M-master, I'm sorry, but it seems like we were no match for the Queen and the Hero." She says struggling to walk toward him. She nearly falls over if he hadn't extended his hand to her. He carries both in his arms over to the side of the room against the wall. When he turns around, he sees them.

The Queen of Light and the Hero of Light was standing in the lab with them. The Hero stood in front of his Queen with his sword aglow and ready for the battle.

"So you two finally made it." The Dark King would say as he calmly approaches them to get in front of the machine.

They didn't respond, except for the Hero re-gripping the handle of his sword.

The Queen's lips move as if she was about to speak, "W-

"Your spy is not here. He managed to escape with his magic." He announces, in anticipation of what she was willing to ask him.

While he cut her off because he didn't want to hear her voice that only he and she seem to know why the Hero gritted his teeth in anger because the man he hated disrespected his love.

"Tell me, what exactly do you know about this machine?" He would ask as he gestures to the machine behind him.

"It is a Doomsday Machine bent on plunging the world in endless darkness." The Hero answered him.

"Quite a one-note answer, but what did I expect you to know."

The conversation gets cut when the machine gives off a beep.

The King smiles.

A cold sweat forms on the back of the neck of the Hero. Was it too late?

As the Dark King twists his body to turn to the machine, the Hero reacted by sprinting toward him with his sword.

Halfway making it to the Dark King, he ambushes him with an attack of his own. Dashing toward him with a simple fist, a wave of power erupts upon the impact that sends the Hero flying toward the Queen who forms a shield to catch the Hero.

"Hmph, I will not be holding back this time. It is a reality that this is the final battle between us. And I will not have you stop me this time." He says as he holds his arm. While it didn't look to be an attack that has affected him, the Dark King used his full power in the attempt of taking the Hero down in one blow before the fight manages to go against his favor. He could feel his arm stinging from the shattered bone pieces cutting into his muscle.

The Queen of Light senses the amount of damage that has taken the Hero to blackout, she uses his holy magic to begin to heal him.

Seeing that this was the perfect chance, he quickly begins to flip the switches on the panel of the machine. It begins to come to life. Steam begins to blow out at various parts of the small pipelines that stick out and connect to other portions of the machine. The fat body at the center would clank as something inside it hits against the walls repeatedly and gradually increases in the amount of it occurring the more the machine warms up.

A single button gives off a glow that seemed to be the activation button. The Dark King looks at it quietly as he hesitates.

The Queen looks up at him, her breathing heavy as she tries to think of what to do in this situation.

"Zero." She mutters. Her voice snaps the Dark King from his sudden stalemate on his actions. He was thankful it was just the two of them as he could sense his heart was beating fast.

He turns to her with his hand hovering over the button.

She would take a deep breath as she feels the air get thick around them. Her eyes couldn't look away from his eyes as he stared at her. This was the first time they have seen each other since the incident after all. "Don't do this."

"This isn't what you think. You of all people know that."

"I know what it does, but you can't. We can't"

"That's what the machine is for."

The Queen of Light has nothing more to say, as she had trouble with her own heart. But it was just enough time for the Dark King to press the button.

The last thing heard in the world was his laughter. He had won.

1