Chapter 7: Jaynia, Catwoman Huntress
299 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry I sorta left for a minute, I decided I needed to take a break from writing for a bit. Have new chapter.

Since I was solo today I chatted with Lucy for a little before heading into town to sell the horns and pelt I had acquired last time. Lucy has a way to message me now, the same way that people can text me from outside.

“Are you sure you want to sell these?” A random apothecary player asked me after I passed it to her “You look like you could use a dagger made with one.”

“I’m aiming to be a tank. I won’t be using daggers.” I wave her off.

“Oh, alrighty then! That’ll be about 60 Silvers per horn, so 1 gold 20 silvers for the lot. If you have it’s pelt I know a leatherworker, we’re in the same crafting guild.”

“Sure, I’ll take a look if you can show me on the map.” I open my map ui and tap the button that makes it visible to other people, she points to a building a bit further into the crafting district.

“So, how’d ya come to meet the goddess of luck?” She says after showing me the way

“Sorry, soloing today, don’t feel like talking too much.” I walked away to the leatherworker’s, I had lied about not wanting to talk much, I love this voice too much not to talk in it. Plus being in this body is soooo much good.

I placed the pelt on the counter and the leatherworker took one look and said “2 gold. Take it or leave it.”

“I’ll take it.” He gave me 2 gold and I left the pelt on the table. Leaving as fast as possible.

I quickly left, got my name changed to Kaida Draconisia, the whole process was only 1 gold for a second name change. Then I went into the forest like last time. I sat against a tree and took out my skill menu.

Yaay, more talk about skill groups, I know it’s boring, but this is something I find fun.

“Fencer” I looked into a little more and it seems it’s not entirely focused on poking like actual fencing is, it’s more of an agile blade wielder class. It gives a lot of passives and certain ways to use weapons are locked behind Fencer.

Slayer is a heavy blade wielder class, focused on smacking the enemy down with your oversized sword.

Guardian does have my taunts and stuff, but other than that it’s pretty much just stuff about shield usage.

I figure I’ll work towards being a fencer, since I really enjoyed that fighting game. But how am I going to be a tank while being a fencer? Simple, taunting and parrying. Attract the enemy into attacking me, then parry them, if it’s a monster, knock it on it’s back. I don’t really plan on PvP, but if it happens I’m sure I can come up with a solution.

I’ve been humming for a bit to keep my spirits up, while buying the necessary skills for going down this road.

I then stood up, planting my sword into the ground to prop myself up like it’s a cane, and used a Taunting roar. I battle-cried loudly, my voice sounding deeper than my traditional talking voice, and after I felt something wash over me, the sound of a dragon started interlacing within it.

I’m about ready to giggle when a pack of normal wolves comes out of the bushes.

I pulled my sword out of the ground and prepared a more light stance than the one where I used the sword with two hands.

Two tried to strike me at once so I shot a dark ball at one and slashed at the other, the dark ball struck the dog on the nose, and my slash landed on the wolf’s neck. Both critical weak-point hits.

I smiled harder than I have in my life and giggled slightly, the dead wolves disappearing into light particles. Ooooh fighting in this body is really really fun. Well, more specifically fighting in this game is really fun.

These little guys really like coming in groups, the rest of the pack tried to attack me next. There were only four wolves left, so I prepared to fight them.

I released a newly upgraded sense-take roar, which now basically has the same effect as a flashbang. It deafens now. I only got to take out one of the wolves before two tried to pin me. They bit right into my scales and did no damage. Fuck, this character is OP. I released a dark slash into one and tossed him aside. As soon as the wolf was out of range a dark purple energy exploded from inside him, making him burst into light as soon as it appeared. The other wolf I tossed off of me and slashed into it. Killing it instantly, finally, the last wolf who was still recovering from my roar, lunged at me, I parried him and he fell. Then I just slashed down again.

“Geez. I feel like a sadist now.” These wolves sound demonic in nature, even when you lay them into the ground, they don’t sound like you’re smacking puppies, which is really good. But I feel really bad beating random low level mobs into the ground.

“God damn, woman. That roar was so loud that I think my ears rang.” A laughing player approaches from behind a tree. “I was just here to hunt wolves when I just hear a loud noise and my ears start ringing, then I find a really hot chick rampaging and absolutely destroying a group of wolves. Really can’t blame you for thinking you look like a sadist.”

“If you’re here to pick up chicks in the woods, sadly I’m not inter-” I looked over after having cleaned the blood fully off my weapon and accepted the new loots.

She’s wielding a bow and looking down at me with pale blue catlike eyes. Her hair is black along with her ears and tail, they turn the same pale blue as her eyes at the ends. She looks to be cat-kin of some kind. She’s tall and slender.

She looks at my face and smirks “You were saying, Tiny?”

How did she- oh right my acc name.

“Kaida, and I cannot say that I enjoy being ‘picked up’ while I’m fighting.”

“You a tank or something? I felt some sort of provocation when I heard you attract those wolves to you.”

“As you can probably tell I am a dragonoid, so I have lots of roars, I combined the basic guardian taunt with the roar from my spell list that turns all aggro onto me. Thus creating a skill that drags mobs to me.”

She laughs. “Huh, that’s definitely interesting as hell, creating a skill like that definitely isn’t within the normal spectrum of this game.”

Lucy shoots me a message “Huh, this lady is sparking something within you.” several winkie face emojis after that comment.

Stop reading my mind.

“Sorry, I can't. It's my job to monitor your safety while in the game now.”

“Ugh.” I facepalm slightly.

“What is it?” The blue eyed lady looks down at me. Hmn. This position makes me feel things. Not sure what they are though. “Oh, shit, I didn’t introduce myself! My name is Jaynia. My user is, please don’t laugh, LesbianSapph.”

That is hard not to laugh at. But I think I managed. “Kaida Draconisia, User is Tiny with 7 y’s”

“Yeah, I already saw your nameplate, I just realized you couldn’t see mine because of my privacy settings. Anyways, you’re the chick the goddess of luck chose? Huh. Mine’s the god of hunting and stealth.”

“You already know my new name?”

“Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people already know, but your last name is a dead giveaway.”

“The god of hunting and stealth watches over the NPCs of the hunter’s guild, thieve’s guild, and assassin’s guild. Or at least, that’s the lore. In reality we just exist now.” It seems Lucy can hear my conversations, too.

“So? Are you one of those that seem to hate me and call me a cheater?” I place a hand on my hip.

“No. Pretty sure no god-friend would call you a cheater, obscenely lucky, but not a cheater.” She stands back up straight while awkwardly trying not to seem imposing over my stature.

“Well, I have been called that quite a few times in my life.” I put my hand back down at my side, adjusting my posture to stand straight. “I would rather prefer not to be called ‘Cheating Bitch’ though.”

“Ugh, those kinds of people are always around to screech when anyone gets a god on their wavelength. Let them complain. Then kick their faces into the dirt when you get stronger than them.” Looks like she went through the same trouble with her ‘god’s friend’ status. She rolled her eyes harder than I’ve ever seen someone do that, well, except when Saryn would call me denser than a neutron star.

“Technically given my skill set I would have to screech harder than them.” She laughs decently hard and part of me goes ‘Yay! I made the cute girl laugh’ I think that’s what it was, anyways.

“Kay, now for the more unpleasant part, I’ve known a number of full-blown dudes in these games that play as chicks because they have a fetish for it. Sorry to ask this question, but are you a man IRL?” She tilts her head slightly and looks me dead in the eyes. Fuck, she’s serious. Uhhh….

Words get caught. Dammit, I thought I might be able to talk when I got like this in this body at least. Fuck. Lucy, can ya help me out?

I just stared at her while thinking for a bit and Lucy, a very tiny version of her, appeared on my shoulder.

“Um… I think you might have broken her ability to speak for a bit, so I’ll speak as well as I can for her.” Lucy says this while patting the shoulder she’s sitting on.

Jaynia tilts her head and says “So you go non-verbal? Strange, I have a friend whose little sibling gets like that.” She shrugs slightly “So you are a guy?” She feels so much taller than me now...

“Not necessarily. Her body in real life is male, we’re trying to get that changed though. The reason this happened is because she started spiralling hard back into reality when you asked that, causing words to leave in that process.”

“Ah, got it. Well, as long as this isn’t some kinda fetish for being in a female’s body or whatever, then I’m cool.” She extends a hand down to me “Might want to get off the ground, you’ll get your clothes dirty.”

“W-When did I fall?” My gears for speaking start spinning again so I move to grab her hand.

“When I asked the question. Your legs probably stopped holding you properly due to fear response, and you were too distracted by trying to get your ability to speak back to notice.” She reaches a bit further and grasps my hand, extending one of her legs, catching herself so she doesn’t fall on me. “Phew. That definitely could have gotten more embarrassing.” She laughs slightly at her own joke. I rearrange my legs under me so I can stand on my own.

She pats me on the back slightly and says “Sorry for asking such a sensitive question so soon.”

“Mh.” Shit, I have too much adrenaline now. Lucy laughs from her perch on my shoulder.

“Adrenaline is currently shooting through Kaida’s system. Do you mind if we attract more mobs here?” She floats partially to a standing position on my shoulder.

“Attract away. I’ll be in the trees.” Jaynia bends one knee and launches into a tree’s branches.

I once again placed my sword in the ground for dramatic effect and yelled really loudly, both releasing stress and activating my Taunting Roar.

7