Sinners Shall Burn (1)
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being alone in such an unnerving place was frightening, my heart beat faster and faster with every passing step until, "What?” I wouldn’t move forward. Maybe it’s fairer to say that I couldn’t move forward- it was like something was stopping me. I forced my legs to move despite my mind pleading that I don’t. It only took a few seconds, but I felt myself pass through a membrane-like bubble. 

That’s when it happened, I felt the stares of beings who shouldn’t exist. Those whose legends had long since died.

[“Hat-Wearing Shifter” is questioning your identity.]

[“Thieving Rapist” is mocking “Hat-Wearing Shifter”]

Some strange panels appeared directly in front of my eyes, they conveyed the messages of some particular characters.

[“Hat-Wearing Shifter” is threatening “Thieving Rapist”]

suddenly a voice filled the area and interrupted my solitude. “Whoa! No need to get violent here. A single extra person shouldn’t be a problem- In fact, I welcome it.” the voice was laced with eerie energy. A single figure stood floating in the middle of the small room.

“Welcome Contestants- I’m the host of this very base floor.” The figure spoke. “The test is quite simple, just try not to lose your mind in your little slice of hell. Do that- and you’ll qualify to climb the tower.”

I didn’t know why, but it felt as if he was staring right through me while he spoke. Soon after the figure said this, the space around me went dark. My surroundings were slowly frained of their color as an unnerving silence filled the area. My only lifeline to the world around me was the translucent panels that kept appearing around me.

[ Your Personal Hellscape needs time to germinate] 

“What are these translucent panels?”

[ A simple way to pass information without overloading the brain’s natural capacity.]

For a tower that was supposedly created exclusively to cause suffering to have such a system that helps the climbers is rather interesting.

[ The Betting Pools have been opened.]

[ “Hundred Handed Giantess” has raised the stakes.]

[ The qualification scenario has arrived! ]

< (Sinners Shall Run) >

Category: Main (0)

Difficulty: F+

Clear Condition(s): 

 1. Survive until the sun rises.

 2. Avoid the personification of your sins until the scenario is complete.

Time Limit: 12 Hours.

Compensation/Reward:

1. Qualification to climb the tower.

2. 200 Coins.

Failure: Eternal Damnation

  • Killing the other participants is encouraged and will permanently decrease the speed of your sins.
  • The Betting Pool is open to participants.

[ “Keeper of the River Styx” is smiling bitterly.] 

“Whoa!! Looks like we have a big one here tonight!” The “Host” spoke energetically. “Let’s put on a good show for him, alright participants?”

[The stage is being set]

The translucent panels swarmed me like flies as I tried to wrap my head around the present situation. 

[The stage had been set- Commencing transformation] 

“Why can't things stay the same for just a moment?” I shouted as my surroundings changed once again. Flora began to grow out of the ground and the shape of the land began to shift, a horrible noise filled my ears and slowly began to morph into the sounds of fauna. I opened my eyes to exactly that, a lush forest with… with a horrible stench in the air. 

Its lanky body towered over me, with a height of at least 8ft tall, saliva dripped from its gaping jaw onto my face. Its sticky fingers wrapped in gold hung from its shoulders in an inanimate form as its rotting face twisted in an unnatural smile. 

Its inanimate arm swung towards me and somehow I barely managed to dodge. 

[Your sin is “Lust”, a lust to meet ██ ] ‘Lust?’  My eyes widened as it attempted to strike me again. 

 “Wha-” My head was reeling from the impact, it had sent me flying with a single strike. My back had hit a tree and oxygen was forcefully forced through my lungs. 

[ “Keeper of the River Styx” has bet 4000 coins on the participant “Nori Espoir” ]

I didn't have time to read the panels in front of me- looked towards my sin and began sprinting in the other direction. ‘How long have I been running?’ I asked myself. This was a really bad situation, The sins had no limit to their stamina- and it was only a matter of time until I collapse.

I raised my wrist to my brow and wiped the sweat that had formed there, my heart was pumping more blood through my ”body” and my labored breathing was reflecting that. As I began to run again a sinking feeling filled my heart.

Sparks started to appear a few feet above me before a familiar figure crawled its way out of the sparking space. Its hair-covered body twitched as it tracked my sound, its ears were comically large in comparison to its small eyes, but its most defining trait was the sharp beak and its massive arms that housed its wings.

This monstrosity before me was the “Host” of the current floor, he wore ripped shorts and some cocky sunglasses- he held a microphone in his hand. “Isn't it so unfortunate, the viewers are leaving because none of the participants are showing signs of dying anytime soon.” the host seemed to be thinking.”I didn't want to have to do this but it seems that ill have to change the rules.”

[A scenario penalty has been applied.]

[ ‘Sinners Shall Burn’ clause has been added]

[From now on, the speed of sins shall increase continuously until either you die, or you kill another participant.]

[The “Sinners Shall Burn’ penalty will remain until the scenario is cleared.]

I chuckled lightly, “This is much more fitting the “Tower of Eternal Suffering.”

2