Chapter 06: Poem, Poems, Poems?
1.1k 7 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After relaxing for a bit and having a refreshing bath and dinner, I head upstairs to work on my poem tonight. I sit at my desk drawer and pull out some paper.

I feel something in my pocket. I forgot to change my pants. That is so gross.

"Oh yeah, that paper Natsuki dropped."

Come to think of it... Monika was talking about a poem that Natsuki was writing. I wonder if this was it. She wouldn't mind if I take a peek right?

_________________________________________

"Things I Like About Papa"

I like when Papa comes home early.
I like when Papa cooks me dinner.
I like when Papa gives me allowance.
I like when Papa spends time with me.
I like when Papa asks me about my friends.
I like when Papa asks me about anything.
I like when Papa gives me lunch money.
I like when Papa comes home before sundown.
I like when Papa cooks.
I like when Papa give me privacy.
I like when Papa doesn't tell me how to dress.
I like when Papa doesn't comment on my friends.
I like when Papa doesn't comment on my hobbies.
I like when Papa comes home without waking me up.
I like when Papa keeps food in the house.
I like when Papa uses his inside voice.
I like when Papa leaves my stuff alone.
I like when Papa accidentally drops coins in the couch.
I like when Papa is too tired to notice me.

 I               like         when
    Papa            is              too
tired        for        anything

_________________________________________

What.... What the fuck is this? Did Natsuki wrote this? This.... is very sad... so fucked up. I fold the note and place it into my desk.

I don't think it would be a good idea for me to give this back to her just yet. I think I understand now. That dream. How I come here. My new life. It was trying to tell me something. I pull out a pen and started writing my poem. I hope though I can find out more about you, Natsuki....

....

....

.....

I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming again. The same dream. I hear a voice.

"You're doing great. You're changing! I'll keep helping you so you could make the right choices. Don't forget what you need to do. I will help you remember. Do this for them. For us....

.....

I wake up to my alarm. My head hurts like hell. I decided to take painkillers again to kill the pain. I get up and get ready for school.

"Ahhh. My poem!?"

I grabbed it at my desk.

_________________________________________

Darkness 


Floating, darkness all surrounds.
There is nothing here, that I have found.
Just emptiness, death in this abyss.
Just cold and hollow loneliness.

I starve for air, I try to breathe.
But nothingness is what I receive.
Gasps for air soon denied and filled with
emptiness as my lungs now cry.

My eyes grow faint in this dark place.
I don't know why or where is this space.
Only that the pain and agony I receive.
Is the price I pay for I cannot leave.

_________________________________________

Huh? I must have finished it last night. I folded the poem and place it on my pants pocket. I started preparing things I should bring to school. As expected, I go through my morning routine before going to school.

I am a good cook after all. When my parents said they will always not be at home, that's when I started to learn. Sometimes, I though about hiring a maid, but I want privacy too. And the money for myself. Haha. Even if I am wealthy, I would try not spending much.

Today, I think I want something simple. Maybe bacon and pancakes for breakfast and octupus weiner with omlette rolls.

I look at the time. It's still pretty early.

"6:30 am? I'll finish everything up then."

I started cooking. First, I grabbed two pans so I can cook seperately. First, the bacon, which is already slice and good to go for cooking. Then after I put pancakes, I started singing.

"Bacon pancakes, bacon bacon pancakes, that is how you make.... bacon~ pancakes~"

I know, I know, I am not a great singer. Even when I sang at the bathroom, the sounds not that great. Well, not to lower myself though but it is not good. But I guess that's one of my cons, huh?

After the bacon and pancakes are done, even thought it is not like from the cartoon I recently watch at some point... what was the name again?

"Adventure Time?"

As I go to the trip of my memory lane, I remembered how Sayori made me remember my past. I mean, I was so scared, I thought trying to beat him/her up if he/she... isn't who I think he/she was.

"Memories huh?"

I tried remembering some thing again. Like my father. What was he like again? My life last time? Or what do I even look like? Seriously, if I haven't taken painkillers earlier, my head might be aching again.

After finishing cooking everything, I went upstairs to take a bath.

There are overlapping memories. The memories of "this body", that's what I call it for now. The childhood friend. The parents. Hobbies. Favorite things. Now that I mention it, "we" are both alike, in personality. Am I overthinking so much? I guess so. But I am the only one who knows about this. Mine as well enjoy while it last. Who knows if I am just dreaming? Maybe I was saved but I was in a coma? Nahh, that didn't happen. Right? I got to take every thought off for now.

After taking a bath, I put on a new set of uniform.

"Hmm, it looks really well on me."

I comb my hair and fix my collar. There, done. Second day of the Student Haruno Ishikawa, here I go! I get out of my room and head downstairs.

"Oh wait!"

I grabbed two cereal breakfast bread. Just in case someone might want one. Or if someone got hungry first. Not that it would happen to me though.

I rush outside to my house. See you again later, humble home. I got to deal with destiny. I went to Sayori's house. It is quite near, like I said before. I feel so guilty not going over.

....

....

I wait in the front of her house. I texted her too. Good thing her contact is saved here. And I thought too that I have no phone nor contacts in it.

....

"She sure is pretty taking her time. But I am worried for her. This feeling... it aches my heart."

15 minutes have passed and still no answer. I went inside her property and knock through her door. No response. I decided to wait.

"Sayori, you there? I am worried about you!"

I tried calling and texting her. No response.
What is the good of technology if you don't use it? Ahh! Fudge! I waited long enough. I am so worried about her. I decided to break her front door. Sorry for this.

I decided to step back a little before doing so. Is this gonna hurt me? It wil hurt me if anything happen to Sayori. But before I smash her door, I hear the door unlock.

Sayori: Yey! You waited for me!"

There she is. I've been waiting so long in front of her house. I am so worried about her. Next time this happens, I'm just going inside. Even if I saw her changing... or anything....

"Answer the door and your phone next time! I am so worried about you!"

Sayori: "Ehh? But it is sooooo~ hard to wake up!"

"Ho? Why is that?"

Sayori: "Sometimes, I just stare at the window and think to myself, why even make the effort?"

I feel a snide about to come out from me, but I resist the urge. If she really is having problems about sleeping, or trouble waking up, I should really help her out. I really need to be there as her friend, for once. I never thought about caring about friends because I never have one before. But right now, this is my new life. Sayori is my friend. My childhood friend.

"I have an idea. If you want me to, I'll come by your house and help you up in the morning. I'll even make breakfast? How about that?"

Sayori: "Breakfast? That sounds...Wait a minute... Ewww! Gross!"

"Figures as much, but I don't care. I'm just trying to be a helpful friend and this is the thanks I get..."

Sayori: "Are you ready to go?"

Okay, just keep changing subjects. I'll do it anyway.

"I've been waiting for an hour, so I guess... Are you sure that you're awake?"

Sayori: "I'm awake, Haru. I am woke as f--- I mean, nevermind."

What wrong with her profanity? Is it broken?
Yeah, she's definitely acting so strange. This is a new side I don't see everyday. She said that in such a stern, and almost harsh tone of voice, it really starled me. Kind of. But I try not to show it.

"Okaaaaayyy then!.... Let's go to school."

Oh crap, we are late! I hold Sayori's hand as we both run to school.

....

We barely made it in time, just before the school gates closes. Well, there goes my perfect attendance. Hopefully, my teacher is also late. I saw him editing a time stamp for his attendance. And once again, after seeing Sayori off, like Usain Bolt, I rush to my classroom. I can't wait for club time later...

After a minute, our homeroom teacher comes in and apologizes for being late. But we didn't care about that. Because we always know the feeling of being late. And we are close to Sensei. Do you know that he is not only a science teacher but he teaches history too? And he's young when he graduated. I envy him. He is so reliable and smart but I won't let that get me down.

....

School is almost over. For the first time in my life, this is really the first thought that studying can be so boring. I always study, while playing games, watching anime, eating with my Father and so one. But maybe because I joined the Literature Club, it is like this feeling that you only go to school for a reason. And this is my new reason for going to school.

....

Classes are over... Ahh, finally. I can go to the Literature Club. But first, I have to finish cleaning duty. I was asigned at the classroom with some of my classmates. And to tell you this, this is my first time being assigned at something. Normally, people will treat me like I was air. Or a mob. I guess I am happy how my life change here. And the fact to think that I am still alive, breathing, I am just so happy. That everything was not a dream. I tried composing a poem while looking at the window, wiping it.

_________________________________________

Blue Skies

"The sky is blue,
The clouds are white.
The sunlight shines,
So full of life.

The weather is pleasant,
So peaceful and warm.
What a clear blue sky,
Ascending so high.

It's a lovely day,
Please don't turn gray."

_________________________________________

Woah, it is actually good. For me. Haha.  I am going to title it, "Blue Skies". But suddenly, some of my classmates were eavesdropping. I must have said it through my mouth. I got nervous.

Boy 1: "Are you aiming to be a poet? That's amazing man!"

Girl 1: "I didn't know you could do that! Hehehe~"

Girl 2: "Hey, you are making him nervous here. Just chill, Ishikawa-kun. It is a pretty decent poem."

Boy 2: "I love to admit, the blue skies sure looks lively and lovely."

I was surrounded more by my new classmates. I only met them yesterday but look how they treat me. It feels so good that I can cry right now. I shed a tear.

"Thank you everyone! I'll do my best!"

Boy 3: "Did you join the Literature Club? I think they are recruiting members? You might get lucky."

"Ahh, I already did. But thanks for telling me."

Boy 3: "Aight, don't mention it. But you said you already join huh? I envy you. I don't have confidence."

"Don't worry, someday, all your hardwork will pay off.

I said that with a smile. They all agreed. And after that commotion, we are back to cleaning. Half an hour has passed, I said to them all "See you later." Because there is no such thing as goodbyes.

...

Alright! I am very motivated and determined right now! Let's go to the Literature Club! I hope I am not late....

I enter the room....

28