Chapter 14: Preparations and Resolve….
627 9 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*loud noice of a truck* *engine roars*

A god-awful looking truck at high speed approaches us while me and Sayori were crossing the intersection road. But, due to my "new pieces" that the voice in my dream gave me...

"Sayori!"

I manage to dash so fast and push Sayori. I evaded the truck too after pushing her. She did fall down, but she's safe.

"Hey! Watch the road, dumbass!"

Sayori: "Heck yeah!"

The truck disappears in the distance. Man, what was that? Why did people give that driver a license?

*inside voice*

("Screw you, Truck-kun. I won't get isekai'd again, you fucking donkey.")

I hand down my arm to Sayori. She holds my hand and I pick her up. Her uniform gets a bit dusty so I took care of it. I remove the dust and dirt with my handkerchief in my bag. Luckily, I manage to keep Sayori clean.

"Did you catch the plate number, Sayori? Might as well report it to the police."

Sayori: "Sorry, Haru. When you push me, it happened so fast."

"That's fine. I will just go to the authorities later on."

And with that, we still continued our way to school. We are not late right now. It's because I woke her up early. I guess I won the first round....for now.

.....

Luckily, we arrived the school on time, some teachers are also coming. I patted Sayori's head before we head to our respective classes.

"See you later!"

Sayori: "Okay. See you later too, Haru."

"Ahhh, wait!"

I hugged her, just in case. She smiles like a morning sunshine. She's so dazzling. Please, stay like that.

Sayori: "You're so warm..."

I feel a certain amount of blood rush through my cheeks. I was blushing. Nevertheless, I don't care. After that we headed in.

......

Of course, Mr. Sakurai is late again. So for the meantime, maybe I should write a poem. I already have one but I want to write a poem without any help from my dream. I said to some classmates "good morning" and greeted me back. Some classmates teased me for not being late on the third day of school. 

Well, time to write a poem. It did became my hobby now. I sat on my desk and grab a pen and a paper. I feel exhaustion. This days extract a heavy toll on my body. 

"Ahhh, I want to rest. I want to sleep..."

Hmm... sleep huh? I started writing a poem.

_________________________________________

Just Sleep


I am sorry. That is all I could say.
For the thing that I have done.
They cannot be undone.
No matter what I do, even when I try.
It will be like this, for every time.

It hurts, this heart of mine.
Maybe if I sleep, I will be fine.

Just sleep
Just rest
Just sleep
Just dream

No more pain
No more horror
No more sorrow
No more...

It would be better if I sleep.
It would be better for eternity.
Please, just disappear. Please, just sleep.
Be free and leave me be.

_________________________________________

Oh my god. What did I even write? I guess this is the feeling when I saw Sayori that time. It still sends a shiver to my spine.

*inside voice*

"I did leave her hanging huh? Wait...Monika, has been saying that... to me. And like she knows that it would happen."

I started to suspect Monika. Could she be? No... it can't be, right? But what if she is "that person"? She always said weird things to me. Like that one time she said that she's always watching me. Or that poem she made, about she is looking out of something. I really need to resolve this. A puzzle that pieces are still missing, I should start uncovering everything. The Literature Club has secrets. The girls too.

*inside voice*

("Ahhh! It's like decoding! But, I already made up my mind. My resolve. Sayori, Natsuki.... Yuri, and.... Monika... I will save them all. Somehow.")

While I am thinking that, Mr. Sakurai entered the classroom. He speaks up to everyone. But I didn't listen, I know it is just his apology again for being late. And the attendance or what not. Anyway, I need somehow to stop Sayori's depression somehow. I might call a psychologist? Or a doctor that specializes the study for depression. Oh wait, I could call Sayori's parents. But will Sayori get angry at me? No, I don't care about that. I want her to be safe. To return to be that childhood friend of mine. When we met again on that day, she changed so much. Why did I even leave her for my manga and games? I really am such a dumb, "weaboo" guy then. But now that my mistakes can be fixed, I will get her to say bye-bye to that depression...

*Sensei's Dialogue with the students  while Haru is in deep thoughts*

Mr. Sakurai: "Sorry for being late, everyone."

Boy 1: "You got pretty late again Sensei!

Boy 2: "What are you even doing? Don't you have a car or something Sensei?"

Girl 1: "Hey! Maybe Sensei just have a hard time waking up. It is so hard to come early to school you know?"

Girl 2: "Well, you got a point but Sensei is still a Sensei."

Girl 3: "What did happened to you though Sensei? Your clother have dirt in it.

Mr. Sakurai: "You see, I was making my daily commute as well, when suddenly, this truck is rushing out of nowhere. It almost runned me but I managed somehow. Thank God I didn't. I did have a dirty uniform. And then, I reported it to a nearby police station. They said to me it was going on lately, a crime. Hit-and-run. Luckily, I saw it's plate number. So everyone, it you are making your daily commute as well, please be wary of your surroundings, okay? And if possible, be with someone."

The Class: "Alright, Sensei!"

Mr. Sakurai: "Thank you everyone. Now back to your seats. Homeroom is starting."

And with that, the morning class has started....

.....

.....

*afternoon classes*

......

I am super beat. Next class will be the second to the last for today. But it is my favorite too. Computer classes. The school have 3 computer rooms for seniors. Since the school needs to balance the students in each room, and so the atudents could use the computer once or twice a week, the class here is jumbled with other classes. Today, I saw Sayori's class is here. Maybe she's here as well. She is at A-2 class. There are for sections: A, B, C, D which divided into two more like me, I am at Class A-1. The sections don't matter though because they teach you like the other classes. Equality, I should say....

.....

I searched for her, and find her sitting alone at the back. Yes, a moment of suprise. I blocked her eyes with my hands.

"Guess who is it, sunshine?"

Sayori: "I know it's you, Haru."

"Ohhh? How?"

Sayori: "I saw you come in at the door. But it seems you were looking for someone else?"

"I was looking for you. Well, today will be the first time with you in a same class. Only for an hour though. May I?"

I point next to her. She nods and accepts. I sat right next to her.

"I am so lucky, you are here right now."

Sayori: "Ehehehe! Me too."

Her smile is still force out, but I am making a bit of progess somehow.

Class starts shortly after that. But I wanted to chat to Sayori, so I opened up my Line account on the computer and started chatting her. Of course, she saw me and do the same. Me and Sayori started chatting for a while. It feels dumb but deal with it.

_________________________________________

Sayori: "What are you doing?"

"Same goes for you. You copied me though."

Sayori: "It seems like you are going to spam messages at me."

"Nope, I just want to talk to you. We can't speak right now because someone is presenting."

Sayori: "That reminds me, what day you have your first computer classes?"

"On the first day, but in the morning. I finished my report too. How about you?"

Sayori: "We started at the second day. And I finished my report as well. Be proud of me!" ???

"Yes, yes. I am proud of you Sayori. Please keep it up, alright?"

........

_________________________________________

We continued chatting. But as soon as classses are almost over, Sayori was called by the teacher to present her work. She suddenly whispers to my ear.

Sayori: "Ahh, Haru. Can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

Sayori: "Can you volunteer to present? Actually, I didn't finish my report."

"Ohhh, you rascal and liar. Well, alright. Just finish it, okay?"

I poke her sides and she started giggling. After that, I called the teacher for me to volunteer my work. It is about careers, by the way.

The teacher was happy that I volunteered, because I was the only one who did that. Thanks Sayori. I should learn how to cook more food in return for her. I started my report. I am so calm right now, thanks to that "piece" as well.

"Hi everyone! Good afternoon! My name is Haruno Ishikawa from Class A-1. I am here to present my presentation for today."

The first 2 slides are mostly for introduction about careers. Slide 3 and 4 is why should we choose our careers. And the last slide is my chosen career.

"I want to be an engineer. Not just some engineer. I want to become one of the most greatest engineers of all time. But I also have in mind to be one of the most greatest poets as well. I have both talent for both, so in the near future, I want to take it both. Because I, Haruno Ishikawa, have a dream. That's all and thank you for listening."

Everyone applauded to me. Even Sayori. I smile to myself. I remembered doing this back then, and it was so hard. People tend to laugh at me. They called me a madman. Well, those days will end today.

......

Sayori is finish at her work but the class is over. I guess she will be presenting next time without me. I pack my things and head to my last subject.

"See you later, Sayori!"

Sayori: "See you at the club!"

.....

.....

Classes are over! Ahhhh! Club time. And I will get to see Sayori now. Unlike last time...

.....

"Oh wait!"

.....

Before I head to the Literature Club, I want to make a call to someone. I find an empty room nearby. I make sure to lock the doors and close all windows.... Here goes nothing then...

*dialing*

.....

*ringing*

......

Someone pick up the phone. It's a voice of a woman. A middle-aged one.

"Ah yes, hello? To whom am I speaking?"

20