Chapter 19.2: Haruno Ishikawa
420 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_________________________________________

*cough cough cough cough*

???: "Hey! Hey! Are you alright? Thank God, you're breathing."

I found myself lying beside the school pool. I see, I took a wrong dive and almost drowned and.... this boy... he had rescued me.

???: "She's regaining conciousness."

He supported my body to stand up.

???: "You alright now? Can't you swim that properly? The school pool is deep, so maybe you should not swim for a while."

I see his clothes... he's wearing our school uniform. And he's.... wet all over? He.... rescued me? Despite the fact that his uniform could get wet?

???: "Sensei, I'll go bring her to the infirmary!"

Teacher: "Okay then, Mr. Ishikawa. And please also go home for today. You already finish cleaning the storage room right?"

???: "Yes, Sensei. Then, I'll be taking my leave."

He whispers something.

???: "Everyone just standed their without helping this girl. What's up with that? Then they go looking at me with those dejected eyes..."

Before I said a word to him, he carried me into his arms... Is this what you call a princess carry? I can feel my heart beating so fast. Huh? Ishikawa? Is he....

"Are you...?"

???: "You're my classmate right? The ones they called Emi or something... Sorry, I am bad at remembering names. Especially who doesn't want me to remember them."

"Ahhh, yes. I am... Emily. Is your name... Haruno?"

He just stayed quiet. Like he doesn't want me to get involved in him. Well, he is strong though. He carried me like this... does this don't make him tired? He said he's been cleaning the storage room. And what does he meant when he whispered that? My mind wanders off...

Haruno: "You shouldn't have talk to me. I am not a person to judge but not a single person would like to go with me. Because of my rumors... You probably heard them, right?"

"Rumors? What rumors?"

Haruno: "Ohhh, I guess you are the single person left in this school who haven't heard it. Good for you."

"Are you alright?"

Haruno: "Excuse me for one second."

While he holds me with both arms, he opened the infirmary door with his foot. Wow! He's amazing! We both go inside. He gently places me into a bed. He places my bag in the nearby table? Did he grab it near the pool earlier? I didn't saw.

Haruno: "So, yeah. I'll be going home now."

He turns his back on me and leaves. I noticed how wet his clothes is.

"Wait! Wait!"

He stops leaving and and faces me again.

Haruno: "What is it? Did I grab the wrong bag?"

"Ahhh, no. You did just fine. But can... can you... stay with me for a while?"

Haruno: "Are you sure? Don't tell me you too?"

"Me? What?"

Haruno: "You heard my introduction on the first day right?"

"Ahhh, that's what you're worried about?"

Haruno: "Well, no. But actually, yes."

The first day of school. He introduced himself as Haruno Ishikawa. He said he wants to be a great poet that time. But, our classmates laughed at him. But as I notice he got hurt by that, he showed us a smile. Maybe that's whu he doesn't want me to get close to him.

"Are you worried about me laughing at you? Don't worry, I won't. Besides, it's cute. Ahhhh! I mean... Ahhh! What am I saying?"

Haruno: "No, it's not like that. Well, you got the point but you misunderstood. You are still on your swimwear uniform..."

He suddenly reddens. I saw myself to what I was wearing.

"......!!!!!! I wish you told me sooner!!!!"

Haruno: "Sorry, I'll be waiting outside then while you changed!"

"No! Just stay there! Just don't peak."

Haruno: "I won't, just hurry."

I started to get my uniform and a set of underwear in my bag. I close the curtains. Haruno Ishikawa. He's so nice to me. Why did he do that? He doesn't look like a bad person to me. Not like my so called friends...

......

My name is Emily Connor. I am actually born in Japan. But we moved to America right after I was born. That's why my name is in English. Years after, my grandfather's company became famous. That's why my father decided to go back in Japan, and continue my studies there... There is a prestigious school over there, and I want to learn Japanese, even though I already did. And besides... I couldn't make friends...

.....

I love literature. I love books. My room is so full with them. I read and read and read until I finish. Every book is a new world. A new adventure, a new fantasy, a new imagination and so much more. Until one day, I became inspired. It is so wonderful how words can make you imagine a million things. Words has magic that can entranced the reader to read more. To others, it was boring and sophisticated but to me... it was so amazing. But my whole family disagreed. Iost inspiration to write novels. Also, they always said if they found me a great man that can be my husband someday, all I need to do is to learn to act like a noble. A princess or more... a queen. Our family generations are most likely came from nobles. That's why we need to act like one. Our family is wealthy as well. And that's why.....

On the first day of school, I thought I made friends to all of my new classmates. But as I learn the truth, they are just using me. For the fact that I am rich. And the Top 2 in our class. But, as I heard from the introductions... only Haru's caught my attention.

Haruno: "I want to become one of the most greatest poets of all time. It may sound impossible but, that is my dream."

He became my inspiration. I became interested in him. So day after day, I always look at him. I always see his a loner. He doesn't have friends. They don't want him to belong. His family is said to be poor. And his mother left them a couple of times now. But I still see him, smiling... despite of what he has gone through. Haruno Ishikawa, is an interesting person. I started to like him. And the fact that he's here right now, it just makes my heart beat insane.

.....

Haruno: "Are you done changing now? Also, do you feel alright too? Earlier, you weren't breathing so I have to do CPR- AHHHH!"

Huh? Did I heard that right? I started to became embarassed. To the fact that I am changing in a room with my... crush...

"Ah yes. I am all done now. You can turn around."

Haruno: "Well then, what do you want by the way? You made me stay here because you felt guilty right? Don't worry. It's fine. Really."

"No! It's not fine! I got you into that situation! So please, can you....?"

I feel so embarassed. I don't know what to say? Should I say I want to clean and dry his clothes? Would that make me a pervert though? Ahhh! I'm panicking!

Haruno: "Can I?"

"Can you... can you... would you go home with me? I mean, can I invite you to my house? I will wash your clothes and dry them.... so don't make me feel like a pervert..."

Haruno: "Sure thing then. If you are insisting, I should gladly take you up to your offer then. ( It looks like she's about to cry. Well, I can't refuse to that face. )"

And with that, I went home with him....

.....

As he go change clothes, I made sure to wash them properly. I give him a present clothes in return for saving me.

.....

After that, it is still quite early, and the only lessons for today are swimming, I invited him to my room. He agreed to me and I took his hand and hold it. It is so warm.

.....

We entered my room, and here I am. A dummy. Why am I like a tour guide? Then I notice he wasn't even following me. My room is big. It is like a library. Well, it is one. I saw him reading my novel. I run towards him but stumbles. He catches me. But in a wrong way. He accidentally fall too with me landing on him.

Haruno: "Oww, you should be careful with your heels."

"This damn heels..."

Oops, if Haruno hears me swear...

Haruno: "Uhmm, you should not say that."

Ahhhh, too late!

Haruno: "Still, I'm suprised. But can you get off now? Try standing slowly, okay?"

I just noticed I have cushion the fall in his body. I became embarassed of the situation.

"AHHH! I'M SORRY! I SHOULDN'T HAVE EATEN THAT MUCH! I MEAN, SORRY!"

Haruno: "It's alright. You didn't hurt yourself, right?"

"No, but sorry for being heavy. My...boobs are so big too... so... ahhhh! NO! Wahhh!"

What am I saying right now?!

Haruno: "It's not that you are heavy. Sorry too. I read this piece of your work without your permission. (She's so soft.)"

But, why is he so nice? You are making me feel... weird... my heart is throbbing so much. This is the first time that I felt happy, despite to what happen earlier....

He commented at my work.

Haruno: "The story is nice. Just by reading the summary makes me interested already. Love of a commoner and a noble. You just need to put the right title for it and your done."

"Ehh, it's not finished yet. I.... stopped working on it."

He hold me firmly. He looks at me with that smile. He is not that kind of handsome, but, I don't care about it... he has a kind heart.

Haruno: "You should finish it. I will read it afterwards. I am sure it'll turn out great! Not like mine, I made poems, but still lacking more. But you, you can make a great piece of work."

His words caught me off guard. He caught my heart. He made me feel this way. I think... I am falling in love with him...

Haruno: "Ahhh! It's getting late. I need to get home now. Thank you for your time and all."

"Wait, before you go.."

I rushed outside to get his clothes. My maid saw me earlier so she did the work and took care of it. I wish I'm the one who washed it. It is iron too. There's no wrinkles. I gave it to him. And we both head outside.

....

Haruno: "Thank you for giving me a ride. You're a life saver."

"Well, it is the least that I could do."

Haruno: "No, you have done more what you can do... right?"

Oh my goodness. My heart started to beat so fast again. I might die... in happiness.

.....

We arrive at his home. I saw an old looking house, which is in prestine condition though. He gets outs of the car.

....

Haruno: "Thank you for everything today. And sorry I had to borrow clothes."

"Ohh, it was nothing.. Besides that's yours to keep."

Haruno: "Wow, I couldn't.. but if you really insist then.. I should accept it... thank you."

"No problem... Haruno. Uhmm, can I call you Haru?"

Haruno: "Well, it is fine. But I need to thank you too somehow."

He thinks of something.

Haruno: "Lia."

"What? Who is that?"

Haruno: "I mean, I'll call you Lia then."

He.... gave me a nickname?

"It sounds lovely."

Haruno: "Yeah, because you always look lovely. Ah! I mean! Lively, yeah! Lively. Hahahaha."

We both stare at each other.

???: "Milady, we should go now. Before your father arrives."

Haruno: "You should go now. Thanks again."

"You are welcome."

I get in to our car. Haru suddey yells.

Haruno: "Wait! What- wha..."

"What is it?"

Haruno: "What's your favorite food?"

"I actually love homemade dishes but I love what they call "bento". It doesn't matter what is the food, it's about the taste for me."

I feel so awkward. I feel a blush in my cheeks. But I saw Haru blush as well...

Haruno: "If you want, next Monday... I'll eat at the rooftop. Maybe you could join me..."

Did he just invited me?!

"Of course! It sounds fun! Then, see you later! Haru!"

Haruno: "Ahh, see you later too! Lia!"

......

And with that... the day ends...

.....

I got to my bed, exhausted.

"Gosh I feel so weird but happy. But if I were to tell him... my secret... would he be there for me...? If I confess to him.... would he accept? I feel safer around him somehow. Maybe, I could tell him then...."

And with that thought on my head, I doze off...

"I can't wait till Monday!"

.....

13