Theatre in another World: 01
146 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A bird's chirm came from outside the window. With its grey wings, it landed with proper grace on the window sill. Another chirm and it began to peck on the glass with its white beak. It poked the window again and again with a merry swing.

Under the window, on a fluffy white bed, Lisa curled and turned within the warm blanket. The hearty sunlight shone just right onto her face. The pecking sound reached her exposed ears perfectly.

She grimaced and frowned, opening the mellow blue eyes just a crack. Her mushy sleepy mind was greeted by a tiny white and grey bird outlined by the gold of the sun. Such majesty further dazed her.

Suddenly, a white shadow jumped, sending waves through the fluffy bed. it landed on the window sill. A swipe and its claws met the glass. A shrill sound echoed through, making Lisa groan. The white cat growled at the escaping bird before it froze up the next second.

It turned its head. Its pupils dilated as it met Lisa's glowing blue eyes. It shrunk under the freezing glow and shuddered. The white ears drooped low​​​​.

Lisa sighed at it and brought a hand to her cold half-closed eyes. A light massage later, she moved with the grace of a sloth to stand from the warm, comfy and fluffy bed. She pushed away the snuggly blanket that would keep her perfectly protected from the morning cold.

She glanced once back. Back at the tempting bed ready to embrace her once again. Yet its size made her miss the one soft person not present and such she began to walk.

The white shirt fluttered while she moved out of the room and towards the terrace. The floor had just the right cold to feel comfortable and made her curl her toes a bit. Meanwhile, the scent of freshly made toast and hot chocolate led her to the open terrace.

On the table now before her, a ready and ample breakfast of toast, eggs, cereal and more had already been prepared. Also, a ready steaming mug of hot chocolate stood at the side, with a kettle sitting on a metal plate beside it. Without questioning it, Lisa sat down at the seat with the mug and a plate plus utensils.

​​The morning wind made her shoulder-length hair float occasionally. The two suns, one big and one small warmed her enough in that wind. The open terrace gave her a perfect view of the red and white city and its glittering lake. The curious bird from earlier chirmed a melody from the railing. The toast filled her stomach, and the hot chocolate made her sigh in content. Till she set aside the empty mug and the terrace door opened. Lisa didn't bother to check and instead ate her toast while watching the bird hop around the railing, teasing the disgruntled white cat.

"Has it been to your liking, Mistress?~" Era whispered closely into Leah's ear. Part laughter, part alluring.

"It was tasty. Thank you, Era," Leah answered. She glanced at the beautiful blonde woman dressed in her exquisite black gown.

"Glad to hear~," Era said while forming a sweet smile with her lips and eyes. She walked over and sat opposite Leah down on the table, resting her chin on her hands. Her head had a slight tilt, making the blonde bangs flutter above piercing crystal blue eyes. The look of a child looking at a toy still in those, like it always had been. "What do you have planned for today?"

"Master told me to go the Guild to register," Lisa replied while pouring herself another mug of hot chocolate from the kettle​. A slight smile on her face. "Other than that, exploring the city a bit more is also an idea..."

Her words trailed off as she thought about what she should do for today. Meanwhile, she placed the kettle down and brought the mug to her lips, blowing at it a few times to not burn herself. The registration shouldn't take too long, so she should have some free time, and it felt like Hendricks didn't want her to come to practice today. So, other than exploring, maybe she could try painting a bit or...

"How about we go on a date while doing that?" Era said abruptly. Her gem-like blue eyes blinked a few times, while her lips formed a beautiful curve. A curve bent almost to an alarming smirk.

The question made Lisa pause the sip she wanted to take. Still held up before Lisa's lips, the hot chocolate fog obscured their gazes on each other just a bit. The different blues in their eyes reminiscing the same memories. Memories of years back when one had cared for the other when both took pleasure in the other's presence. When one questioned the reason of the other.

"Fine," Lisa said with a sigh, knowing it would be useless to say 'no' to the mean-spirited woman. She took a sip and brought her gaze to the white and red city scenery once more. She added with a teasing smile, "but you can't wear that... it's way too conspicuous."

Era laughed with a hand before her mouth. The melodious sound ringing from behind her translucent glove-glad hand. She currently wore the same black gown, she always liked to wear and had on when she greeted Lisa on her first day here. A long, ornate black gown much more fit for a ball than breakfast on a terrace. As beautiful as the terrace with wooden railings and overgrown plants may be.


A familiar hum echoed through the two-storied library. Sunlight from the ceiling made mostly out of glass brought enough light to comfortably read and enjoy during day time. At night, the lamps aided by the moon and stars provided the light for such.

Lisa strolled towards the entrance through the long and wide corridor that is most of the library. The countless books stacked high on the shelves on the two open layers begged to be read. It made her smile a bit. She'll try to read a bit later today after coming back. While letting a finger grace the various pieces of furniture, Lisa made her way to the entrance and waited for Era to arrive.

The clock above the double doors leading to the small street ticked in a steady rhythm. A familiar bird chirm cam from outside the doors, making the white cat at Lisa's feet growl. She crouched beside it and lightly stroked its head and ears. Its growl changed quickly to a low purr.

Approaching footsteps caused Lisa to turn her head while patting the white cat. She paused her motion and took in the wonderful sight.

An old library with exquisite wooden carving behind her swaying long blonde hair. A clear pair of glasses on her small nose, tucking away one side of her hair behind her small right ear. Suited on the ear, a silver earring matching her silver necklace that had a blue gemstone attached. It sat on the sleeveless white pullover that had a black belt at the waist. To protect against the cold, she also wore a blue coat going down to her black pants.

"What do you think?" Era asked while she pushed up the glasses with a hand. Her sharp eyes narrowed at Lisa, while a smirk showed itself beneath her nose. Her mature face and graceful pose bearing majesty and arrogance like no other. Yet, the next second, she suddenly skipped over to Lisa merrily and crouched before her.

Her smile, expression and entire atmosphere excluded warmth exceeding even the two suns high up in the sky. The blue in her eyes glittered with a love melting any resistance. Crouched before Lisa, Era grabbed the sleeve of the black jacket over her white blouse and with the sweet voice of a childhood sweetheart asked, "Is this better, Lisa? Ne, you like this type..so would you like m-?"

Before she could finish, Lisa flicked Era's forehead with a nonchalant smile. A cute sound escaped Era's lips as her head moved back a bit.

"mouu...," while making such a sound and rubbing her unhurt forehead, Era looked at Lisa with hurt eyes. Her understanding and loving smile implied she would accept whatever her love would do, like a faithful childhood sweetheart.

"It looks very beautiful on you, Era," Lisa said while keeping the actual words she would like to say for herself. What a problem child. With a sigh, Lisa straightened from her crouch, making her knee-length skirt flutter, and reached out to Era with her usual small smile.


A little stop at an ice cream parlor, a little tour through the clothing shop there and a little pat on the small dog having a stare contest with the white cat. Past the white fountain, onboard the train, strolling through the boulevard, admiring the glittering lake. Lisa and Era took their time, and ever so slowly made their way to the highest layer of the city.

Lisa leaned on the small stone wall and overlooked the white and red city. The sound of water flowing in her ears, the fresh scent of it in her nose and her eyes, in the distance, the royal castle stood imposingly before the sea leading downward to the lower realms with endless waterfalls. Its size and glamour dwarfed all around it. The faint runes that glowed now and then gave the castle the proper fantasy air, or so she thought. In those numerous towers, where would Felicia be currently?

"Here," Era's voice, still soft and loving like a sweetheart, whispered suddenly from behind her. Then a little chocolate stick arrived near her mouth. She glanced back at the sweetly smiling Era and after a shake of her head, she took a bite. Indeed, it looks and tastes like a pocky.

"Sweet, aren't they?" Era said while she ate the rest of the stick. A happy expression bloomed on her face and it almost seemed as if flowers did so too all around her. The cheerful atmosphere caused bystanders to forget all else and focus solely on the beautiful girl in bliss due to the 'indirect kiss' she received. Lisa said and took a step closer. With a small sweet smile, she flicked that forehead again and walked past Era, ignoring the "oww...".

After their extensive stroll to here, they arrived at the Second Plaza, a wide plaza second only to the one before the royal castle itself, hence its name. Although such could also because of the two important buildings here.

One being the tall cathedral she could see a bit farther away. Countless spires shone in white under the light of the suns in the sky. Even from the distance, she could make out the purple insignia engraved above the sizeable entrance. A flower domed by glass. Such was also engraved on the immense golden bell hanging for all to see in the tallest spire.

A sudden finger tapping on her cheek brought her out of her daze. Lisa glanced at the smile laced with meaning and amusement of Era. The next second the distorted expression melted into loving again and Era held her hand.

"Don't think too much about it for now," Era said while closing the distance and leaning into her.

"Fine, fine," Lisa replied and with her usual smile let herself be led to the other important building near this plaza. Just how long does she intend to play 'childhood sweetheart'? Really such a problem child.

If she had to describe the Guild's branch, it would be grand. Its size certainly set it apart. Not so much in height as in length. Even such it still stood at 5 stories tall. Yet, what made it stand out, even more, wasn't the exquisite marksmanship rivaling the cathedral or the sheer bustle surrounding it, but rather the grey color it had been painted in. Unlike nearly all other buildings in this red and white city.

Lisa felt the warmth of Era's hand as she led to the wide entrance. The bustle from people of all kinds surrounded them. Out and in they all went or browsed the various stalls surrounding the branch. On the balconies and near the countless windows people stood visibly in discussions, thought or just to relax for a minute. All kinds of animals also accompanied many visitors.

Such liveliness made Lisa smile with interest. Such a scene is something she always liked to observe. Although it's a lot more fantasy than what she is used to. A chuckle escaped her at the thought, making Era look over confused. She just shook her head with another chuckle and this time led Era, through the entrance.

a slow chapter...I kind of hope I can still keep the same air I had in the beginning~
Setting my insecurities aside...thank you very much once again for reading. I really really appreciate it.
If you have any comments please let me know~
May you all have a wonderful day~

8