Chapter 85
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness began to overtake Ethan's vision after he threw his head back in pain and yelled out as the leg was torn free by the sucking leech like creature. The yell was more from the idea that he had just lost his leg more so than any new pain from the violent act. In fact all he could comprehend at the moment was pain, though as the darkness continued to spread across his vision his senses began to dull. He began to whisper to himself, though that was only because he was so weak and couldn't maintain a normal volume of voice.

"What day is it again?"

"What was I doing?"

"Something hurts..."

"Where am I?"

"What's going on?"

His words barely escaped his cut and bruised lips near the end of his string of inquiries, and he was now hanging limply against the various mouths and claws holding him against the cold ground behind him. Something sounded in the distance, an explosion of sort perhaps, but he couldn't make it out.

"What was that?"

He whispered to himself yet again while trying to open his eyes to seek out the source. Unfortunately all he could see was the glistening mass of leech like tongues at the center of a massive mouth lined with spike like teeth several rows deep.

"That.. looks... bad..."

Even near death the boy had a sarcastic and dry sense of humor it would seem. He tried to turn his head to look off to the side as it looked like something bright shot across the sky. He heard the same sound again a second or so later though he still wasn't sure what it was. The monster must have finally taken notice as well because the ground rumbled as it turned its body in the same direction.

Not caring about Ethan's discomfort the monster simply drug the boy's body up along the stone by the various mouths attached to his body. His nearly numb body suddenly woke up as the teeth lined tubes of deadly flesh dug even deeper into his body, sucking at the sweet Nel' Ina laced blood within. Now he screamed, his body shaking violently as it couldn't handle the overload of sensations.

Either the monster had seen what it needed or was simply watching because it suddenly stopped turning and let the broken body in its clutches rest once again. Ethan, now even weaker, began to fall back into the darkness, nearly certain this time it would be the last time. However, as his eyes closed the last little bit, he saw something stuck between two of the massive teeth of the monster's jaws. He had missed it before due to the shadows cast by the mountain and the monster's body, but now, as it had turned, the light from the sun above revealed a pink teddy bear, torn and destroyed. As he tried to register what he was seeing his eyes finally closed and blackness once again all that remained.

"What was that?"

"A teddy bear?"

"It looked ruined?"

"It was pink... maybe a girl's?"

"How did it end up between teeth?"

"Was that in the monster's mouth?"

"What happened to the girl?"

He was talking to himself, his words echoing in the empty void his conscious now found itself in. With each passing question he felt angrier and angrier, the realization of the mean behind the ripped pink bear stuck between those disgusting teeth becoming clearer and clearer. By the end he was screaming not only in his mind but also at the monster, the darkness suddenly forming splintering cracks, like a sheet of ice giving way to weight too heavy to hold. Through the widening splits and channels a bright blue light began to glow and fill his vision, and then he was looking at the slimy, smelling, and hulking abdomen of the monster, as that was where his mouth and tongues was situation.

"How dare you?!"

"You monster! How dare you?!"

He had never been more mad in his life, his body no longer hurting from the attack and being fed upon, but now due to his muscles clenching so tightly that several pops of various muscles and tendons breaking could be heard. He tried to push against the smaller mouths latched to his body, tried to lift the arm currently being devoured, all while stretching his neck forward to get his face closer.

"How... Dare... YOU!?"

Right around the time Ethan began to realize the significance of the bear high above the pair, the once clear sky had begun to fill with clouds. The angrier he got the number of clouds grew and the darker they became. By the time he started to push back against his capture a twisting wind had surrounded him and the monster, his hair and what remained of his clothes flapping about with increasing energy. Within the growing vortex sparks began to flicker and bite, the sounds of something akin to electricity growing more regular with each passing second. The clouds above, now nearly completely blocking out the sun, had begun to spin with the flow of massive cyclonic winds coming from the base of the crater where a boy faced off against an immense monster.

Then it happened.

As Ethan screamed "YOU?!" right at the monster the second feat of unimaginable strength was unleashed. He didn't even finish the word before it turned into an inhuman bellow fueled by feelings so strong he wished his heart would explode to save him from the agony he felt within. Earlier, the sound of their collision, had sounded across the area with ease. Now, however, what could only be described as a scream of pure emotion continuously echoed even louder and then the rumbling began.

From behind his body, just like the darkness a few seconds before, massive chasms and cracks began to radiate up through the stone and ground of the crater and into the mountain face high above them. From within the spreading gashes a light blue glow, matching that of his Nel' Ina, was emitting, the light casting back the darkness from the cloud cover above. His body was covered in the same glow and the more he screamed, and the higher the cracks in the mountain climbed, the more distraught the monster became.

Soon the monster's body began to tear apart, similar looking cracks appearing all over his armored form, before beams of light shot into the shadowed sky. It had tried to pull the larger tongue from Ethan's arm near the beginning but the boy twisted his wrist and dug his fingers right through the fleshy interior and anchored them into the underside of the bone armor covering its outer layer. He even grabbed one of the smaller ones with his free arm and held its mouth against his chest while his remaining leg looped another around enough to press it against the stone behind him. He would not allow this horror to escape.

Ethan was unleashing every ounce of his Nel' Ina that he could and soon not even the massive cliff standing tall behind him, nor the monster now in his clutches, could contain the torrent of power. A huge section of the mountain, similar in shape of a narrow cone reaching up approximately a third of face, suddenly exploded outward, sending boulders, rock, and dirt raining down on the land before it. At the same time the monster's body finally gave way as well and pieces of bone, shell, and body was sent flying into the air, also like shrapnel, though much sharper in nature versus the bludgeoning chunks hurling down from above.

2