Chapter 186
216 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why must it always be a brothel? Sure, nobody suspected us to hold meetings in a shitty brothel, but it was damaging for my mental health nonetheless. I was walking around the circular shabby table in the middle of the room where Tom and the whore sat, discussing all that happened.

“You lost?” The whore asked me as Tom finished his story.

“On purpose.” I said and walked around the table once more. “How often do humans have silver hair?”

“Rarely.” Tom commented and gave me another piece of the puzzle. “Do you consider giving them the gem?”

“No, not at all. We have to ask Mary to take it out of the king´s vault though. I´m sure there won´t be any complications with that … but the time afterwards will be a mess.”

“Do you have a plan?”

“… somewhat. I honestly didn´t prepare for this shitshow. Have you done any research into the boy I mentioned?” he had silver hairs as well, a rather uncommon feature.

“Yes. Our informants at the academy were quite useless though. He is enrolled, but his tuition fees are paid upfront and as no student is allowed to leave during the semester, it is impossible to follow him home. He is also not very open about his heritage … so, I doubt he belongs to them.” He said while frowning slightly. He was probably already running out of options and couldn’t find a way to defuse the situation.

“I don’t. He sniffed me because I apparently smell differently. Luckily he doesn’t know any other vampire.” I claimed and was already thinking of torturing him to get every information we need.

“Hmm … the security around campus is quite tight though. Last time, you and Hannah were only able to enter because it was the start of a new semester. Additionally, every student is watched very carefully, from general location to health issues. If you want to torture him …” He said, pointing out a rather obvious flaw. The academy couldn’t risk any dead or missing students and was very keen on giving everyone a unique magical circle which did monitor their health.

“Won´t work. I neither know how to disable these security mechanisms nor if I can break him afterwards. He was probably trained to resist torture as well, making it very hard to break him within the rest of the time. Have you made a profile of him?” Tom nodded, stood up and walked towards one of the shelves. They were already overflowing with papers, but Tom still managed to get the right one. Obviously, a picture was missing, but otherwise, the information on the document was quite valuable. His hobbies, what food he liked, his preference for cute girls … Tom truly investigated him thoroughly.

“Hey, whore, we have a task for you.” I said and looked over to her. She stared at me in surprise, but could nonetheless guess where this was going.

“Do I look like a teenager?” Well … sadly, she didn´t. Getting her into the academy would be a hassle. We would need to murder a teacher and then get her into that position. Afterwards … It was already Fridays, there was no way this was going to work in time.

“Well, if we chop off half your legs …” I commented drily.

“What about you?” She said towards me, which made me blink a few times in utter disbelief.

“You want me … to befriend him?” I asked, slightly annoyed by her proposal.

“Do you see anyone else who is in the right age here? I don’t. And don’t worry, that’s easy. Teenagers are chronically underfucked.” Was she making fun of me? She was. Angrily, I gripped the table and exhaled loudly. But she was right. I was the only one who could fit into a school, even though I hated the idea of that.

“I would need a school uniform. All the tailors are already closed and I don’t have the materials on hand.” I claimed and was already searching for other solutions as Tom pointed at the whore.

“She has a uniform …” Flabbergasted, I stared at the prostitute, wondering for what she may need a school uniform before shaking my head, trying to get rid of all the ideas popping up in my head.

“Is it used …” I asked, slowly resigning to my fate.

“No.” She said and smiled wildly. “It won´t fit you, but I´m sure you can change that.” She said, stood up and dashed upstairs. In frustration, I slammed my forehead onto the table and giggled a bit, only to shut up shortly afterwards.

“You know what to do?” I asked, laying my cheek on the table.

“Try to survive and keep Mary alive?” I said. There was only one way forward, and that was to give them what they wanted, but also do exactly what they wouldn’t expect.

“The other way around …” I muttered. If he died, it was bad. If Mary died, it was catastrophic.

“Alright.” And so, we basically decided what he would do until the fateful full moon three days in the future. He would ask Mary to retrieve the sapphire and give it to them … or so, depending on how much courage he could gain during the time I wasn’t around.

We had a chance of winning though. They already revealed their cards, at least most of them. Well, fighting under the full moon which allowed them to transform into wolves freely was definitely bad, but at least they would attack during the night. They probably didn´t even see me as a problem, but rather the number of people Tom roped into our organisation.

I didn´t know what this sapphire was all about and I certainly didn´t want to find out. It seemed quite important for them, but if they never got their hands on it …

Tom had to hold them off just long enough for me to slaughter them all. After all, nobody could really guess my strength accurately, not even Markus who still thought he had an actual chance against me.

My hands were already itching for fresh doggo blood, but first, I needed to fit a school uniform to fit my size. And I had to ask Mary and Hannah to visit the orphanage in my stead …

4