Chapter 200
192 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

200! PARTY!!!

I threw the deprecated head away from the archer, strolled towards my completely black sword and seethed it. Next, gouged my daggers out of the other archers, collected my throwing knives and waved as Tom rode back towards me.

“Heyho!” I said happily, snipping a bit of an organ off my dress.

“He´s finally dead?” Tom asked, nodding towards a mutilated corpse which was Markus in the past.

“As dead as you can be. You know the way?” I asked and let myself be helped onto Mine by him.

“Obviously.” He said, held his arms around me to grab the reigns and spurred Mine to get going.

“There are some children we need to get out of their base later.” I commented.

“Kay.” He said while I hoped the stallion would take us back to the estate faster than the werewolves could run, but I seriously doubted it after a few minutes. I hurried up with tidying up the leftovers, but even then they had a head start we were apparently incapable of catching up. Frustrated, I looked at the houses rushing past us and had an idea. I wasn’t heavy, but I nonetheless slowed us down.

I shortly considered throwing him off the horse, but I wouldn’t find the way through the streets without him anyway. Sighing, I pushed myself off the saddle, jumped off the still galloping horse and ran towards the nearest house. I jumped up the facade, grabbed a windowsill and climbed it up swiftly. Next, I jumped again, grabbed the edge of the roof and pulled myself up. I looked down into the streets, noticed how Tom was turning right and began to sprint.

The roof tiles slipped under me from time to time as I ran across the house, only to jump across the next narrow gap between the house sides. Now on the other side of the street, I saw Tom galloping further east while I headed north. I always kept track of him as I ran across the roofs as fast as I could, while Tom drove Mine to gallop even faster. More roof tiles flew onto the streets below me as I nearly slipped, but I managed to regain my balance quite quickly.

A few minutes later, I had already reached Tom again, mostly because I went into a straight line and didn´t have to follow the complicated mess they called street network. As I heard howling in the distance in front of us, I knew we were close.

This howling remained alone, as nobody was left to answer it. It was probably a message for the rest of the Wolf Street Gang. I gritted my teeth, jumped over a particularly large gap and nearly crashed into the façade. Only my fingers managed to grab onto the roof while Tom rode beneath me through the dark street. I pulled myself up quickly and kicked the roof again, accelerating fast. Mary’s life depended on our ability to catch them in time, but so far we didn´t even catch a glimpse of them.

“Enough.” I growled and changed course. I wouldn’t circle around the walls of the royal capital or whatever there was between me and my home. It would take too much time. Securing the mask tightly, I sent roof tiles flying as I ran northeast in a direct line towards my home. I left Tom behind quickly and ran across the tightly packed roofs towards the royal wall. With two daggers in my hands, I jumped across the largest gap so far, and stabbed them into the wall, separating the noble district from the commoners. I slammed into the stone and felt how all air left my lungs, but I couldn’t care less. Pulling one dagger out of the wall, I stabbed it into a gap between the stones further up and pulled myself upon it. Releasing my other dagger and using it as a foothold, I managed to reach the battlements of the wall quickly. At first, I ran along it, spotted by quite a few guards.

They tried to follow but were certainly ill-equipped for that. I simply used the battlements to run past them and when they managed to swing at me with their swords, I could easily jump over it due to the height difference. Only as I noticed a small guard outpost with a few horses did I slide off the wall on the inside, pushing a throwing knife into the stone to slow down my fall.

Shortly afterwards and three murders later, I was back on a brown horse, driving it insane by ramming my heels into it. Luckily, the noble district was way less complicated as most of the streets led circularly around the royal palace. My horse galloped along one of these streets, while I drove it closer and closer to the walls of the royal palace. So far, none of the guards managed to catch me yet but that could change anytime.

Once more I heard howling, this time from my right and saw five wolves running along the street parallel to mine. I didn´t drive my horse around a corner as I knew exactly that they needed to come to me. If this went on, they had to take a turn left somewhere. They would run directly into me.

I could already see the royal wall from the southeastern side, but they still ran completely parallel to me, while howling from time to time. Slowly, I drew my sword as I noticed the small, private forest in front of us and listened closely.

They were coming. I steered my horse straight ahead, forced it to slow down a bit and leaned over to the left side. I pressed my thighs against the saddle and his belly to steady myself a bit and looked beneath the horse's torso towards my enemies.

Five hungry wolves were staring at me, running at a ninety-degree angle from my current path. They didn´t slow down at all as none of them realized what I had planned. I knew they were agile enough to tear this horse apart within seconds, but I didn´t plan to fight them on horseback.

At the right moment, I hacked at the horse's leg, making it neigh loudly. It failed to balance his weight completely as I pushed myself away from it and bent it over to the side. We both slid across the ground, while I held onto the reigns tightly, only stopping as we were exactly in the wolves´ path. Sirius and three of his wolves managed to evade in time, running around the obstacle I created, but one failed to do so and had to jump over it, directly into my sword. I held the handle with both of my hands as I sliced open the wolve´s belly from below using his own momentum.

Organs oozed onto the streets while three of the wolves stopped in front of me. Only Sirius ran onwards and jumped across the fence, directly into the place I called my home. Fletching their teeth, they slowly surrounded me while my thoughts were racing. If I was too slow, he would reach Mary before me. And he was fast. I couldn’t even see him anymore as one of the wolves ran up to me, a few seconds after Sirius jumped over the fence. The other two followed suit directly afterwards, aiming for my sides, leaving me no other option but to jump across the horse.

I was running out of time. Instead of backing off further, I stormed towards one of the wolves, completely ignoring the other two and slashed at him with breakneck speed. Even though he tried to evade it, he wasn’t very capable at doing so. Wolves weren’t known for running backwards after all. I cleanly sliced his head in two, twirled around and stabbed the other wolf through the open mouth, just as he wanted to jump at me.

The other one was the real problem though. My sword was deep within the other wolf, turning it into quite the useless weapon as the last one of the trio jumped at me from my right with a wide-open mouth.

I let go of the sword instantly and rather rammed my elbow into its open mouth. He still bit into my flesh with a force that drove his teeth into my bones. I felt how my muscles snapped as I grabbed the neck of the wolf and squeezed. He whimpered a second or so, but then turned completely limp. I forced his mouth open with my left hand and threw him over to one of his friends. Blood was running down my arm, but the wound healed quickly again. As I bent down to pick up my sword, I could already use my right hand somewhat. Still, I rather switched to my left hand for the time being.

Shortly afterwards, I jumped over the fence and followed Sirius to my home, where he threatened to tear apart everything.

6