Chapter 202
174 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I needed magic to beat this big doggo. And I knew exactly where I would take that from. I ran away from the large werewolf as soon as I could, racing towards the part of the garden which had been remodelled considerably. First of all, a few flower beds had been replaced by what I called abstract art.

Spears had been rammed into the ground, the gravel was occasionally replaced by rough iron powder, and a large metal plate had been embedded into the terrace, only covered by a bit of garden furniture. It wasn’t finished yet and it looked kind of ugly but the functionality was already there. The tall werewolf was hot on my heels as I ran towards one of the spears and pulled it out of the ground while running past it. I stopped shortly afterwards, thrusting the spear into his open mouth as he wanted to pounce me yet again. It reached deep, but I still failed to hurt him at all. Instead, I was pushed backwards by the force, just enough to be out of reach of his paws which scraped a bit of my nose and destroyed my mask. I immediately let go of the handle as the pole touched the ground and watched in satisfaction how he impaled himself further as the handle dug itself into the ground and he pushed against it.

He had to chew on this spear, which made it incredibly easy to run-up to the next spear and pull it out of the ground again … if it wouldn’t melt in front of me. At least he couldn’t change the spot where everything melted instantly. I sighed loudly as I heard the earth tremble behind me again while I stood there, frozen in place, hoping he would jump at me and overshoot me by a wide margain. Sadly, he wasn’t that dumb and slowed down in front of me. He attacked me with his paws again, aiming directly at my chest. I stepped forwards into his swipe and tried to push against the incoming force with my hands with all the strength I could muster.

Stopping a sword mid-swing was easy. Stopping him was impossible. I was simply flung a few metres away without being able to do anything. But I had to avoid his fast strike somehow thanks to me betting on him jumping, so I rather sacrificed both my arms than anything vital. My bones were already slowly regenerating as I slid along the gravel, completely fed up by this fight. I was clearly ill-fitted to fight against the werewolf … even though everyone in this city probably was.

“Now would be a nice time.” I screamed, stood up using only my legs and ran towards the mansion once more. I didn´t know if everything would work out the way I planned, but at least I had a chance this way. The wolf howled behind me once more, also quite willing to swat me with his large paws.

And then … came the vital part of my plan. Hannah threw a sword inside a scabbard out of a window on the second floor while my hands and arms slowly but surely regenerated. I dashed through the garden once more towards the sword which was still falling down. I naturally couldn’t reach it in time, but that wasn’t really necessary. I just had to reach it before the werewolf behind me knew what this sword was.

Thankfully, he couldn’t discern it based on the glowing runes on the handle, but he did understand this was a magical sword. He dashed towards me as fast as he could, the blue lines on his body glowing brighter than ever and new lines forming slowly.

The rage and wildness in his eyes increased severalfold as I looked into his eyes. There was still a hint of intelligence in them, but far less since the beginning of our battle. Something consumed him, turned him into a beast the world had never seen before. And I welcomed this development. The less intelligent they are, the easier it is to deceive them.

He reached me as I was a mere metre away from me and clawed at my back, ripping it completely open in the process. I screamed loudly, fearing that I lost my ability to walk which was thankfully not the case. Still, it limited my ability to run considerably but thankfully I wouldn´t be running much more. I reached the sword just in time and immediately felt how my skin burnt. Not only that, but blue fires also appeared all over my right arm nearly instantly, sizzling away my skin, muscles and flesh in a near-instant.

But I would say it was worth it. He was towering over me as I screamed loudly, ready to end my life and take all the others´ here, but he was stopped by a few pebbles. A few thousand iron pebbles to be exact. These pebbles crashed against him from the left, pushing him away from me in a near-instant. They all harmlessly bounced off his skin, but the force was still transmitted. While the fires started to spread all across my body, more and more pebbles hit him, driving him away from me successfully.

Shortly afterwards, all the pebbles fell onto the ground harmlessly as the magic deactivated. Groaning in pain, I picked up the sword by the scabbard and stood up slowly.

“Yeah, I can control magnetism you fucker.” I shouted, completely glossing over the fact that it cost me quite a bit for such an impact. Laughing crazily, I strolled across the iron plate until I turned around on the other side. Sirius, or whatever was left for him as half of his body was covered in these blue lines and he behaved more and more like a wolf, certainly had some sort of instinct left in it. He would not step onto this plate, no matter what. To help him a bit with his decision, I stepped to the side, lifted the sword high enough to bite into it and drew the sword again. My skin was already sizzling again as I gripped it tightly and strolled away from the iron plate.

“Let´s end this, Sirius. You and I. Vampire and Werewolf. COME AT ME!” I shouted, which seemed to do the trick. I ran around the iron plate, destroyed all the wonderful pavement in his tracks and fell for my trap. I turned the sword around and stabbed it deep into the earth right in front of me, hitting another iron plate in the process.

Do it.” I growled threateningly and noticed in amazement, how my whole body was burning in a fiery blue. I felt my whole body being crushed as gravity, or rather something below me pulled every magnetic thing towards it. Luckily, I had only a little bit of iron in my blood, completely unlike Sirius who ate my whole sword, a spear, a few of the pebbles and so much more.

He whined for a few seconds as everything within him was pulled downwards, sadly not stabbing through his innards right away, but certainly damaging them. He fell onto his belly quickly afterwards, simply crushed by the weight, which was now also pressing against his organs, squeezing them in between the metal within him and the ground.

And if that wasn’t enough yet then the other iron plate falling onto him did the rest. I gave the rest of my body for it, which was consumed by blue flames completely. I could only hear a grunt and saw how the plate deformed itself to make place for a flattened werewolf … or a dachshund at that time?

“This is so fucked up.” I wanted to say, but no words left my lips. I didn´t die for once, which was quite an achievement. But I still fell unconscious, which was really the same with another flavour, at least for me.

 

 

 

5