Chapter 2.8 (Sofie)
214 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Initializing System

 

 

Loading phase completed

 

 

Exactly a second after I was pinched in my foot and screamed in shock, this voice resounded in my head. It was incredibly mesmerizing, reminding me of an angel that was there to help. 

 

The sounds of the system were maybe from a sixteen year old girl or maybe she was older, it was kind of hard to tell. Truly, her voice kind of remembered me of the goddess of life, as there were quite a few similarities. The way they pronounced the ‘I’ for example was exactly the same. Starting off gentle and ending gentle. If there was any voice belonging to a goddess … this was surely it. 

 

Booting Core Module

 

 

Adjusting Parameters … 

 

 

System installed

 

 

And then, she went silent again and was replaced by my mother’s soothing voice. At once, I opened my eyes and immediately regretted my decision. It was so bright that I could barely focus on anything. The colours were distorted and I couldn´t make out any shapes.

 

But at least I knew that I was safe there. Safe from the monsters that haunted us till our death. And that was more than I ever had. 

 

As a baby time goes by in a flash. No, really, time flies by when you have nothing to do except trying to control your bladder, speak properly and try to grab onto things. At least I somehow managed to drink what was given to me. And so, I soon found myself on my bed, limbs spawling to all sides and thinking about what I wanted to achieve with this life. 

 

Eating pudding maybe? I dearly hoped there was pudding in this world. If not, I had to do it myself … I didn´t know how to make pudding. And the crying began anew, at least until my mother came back and talked to me in a soothing voice. It was quite hard to listen to it in the beginning, but after several months, I finally managed to do so. 

 

“How is my little Sofie doing today?” My mother said, which honestly left me dumbfounded at first. I expected to have a name, but I thought I was getting a new one. Sofie is … I don’t know. Not very magical? Esmeralda would be more fitting … but whatever. 

 

‘Hey mum. It´s me, I´m Sofie.’ I wanted to say, but I heard myself saying “Bwaa bwuuu miiiii, suuuuu.” 

 

At least I got the sentence structure right and probably the language as well. Why were they speaking English anyway? Must have been the British Empire … wait, they didn´t have any way to travel to parallel worlds. Maybe … the British Empire on steroids? Whatever, it definitely came in handy as I was a certified English speaker. 

 

“Miiii eniiiii.” Maybe English was still a bit difficult for my developing vocal cords, but hey, at least I could understand my mother, a very careful brunette going by the name of Laura, an equally un-fantasy-like name if I may say so. 

 

“Let´s go outside a little, shall we?” She said on a certain day during my daily push up training. Okay, I tried to get a hold on the wooden bars to the side of my bed and called it push ups. I was never a strong girl in the first place, so let me have that, alright? Alright. 

 

Laura wrapped me into a thick blanket, lifted me up and gently carried me outside for the first time. I seriously didn´t know what to expect. Maybe purple leaves? Flying carriages? Mages flying through the sky? In any case, what I saw, seriously shocked me. 

 

Green grass. Green trees. Not a single flying mage in sight. So much for my fantasy world. Thus far, I didn´t even see a hint of fantasy, not a single bit! Only the medieval part proved to be true time and time again. Well, I really had no reason to complain.

 

I had a lovable mother and a rather cute father who lifted a heavy broadsword in the garden like it was nothing. As soon as he spotted us though, he immediately stopped his training and jogged towards us.

 

“Aww, our little Sofie looks so cute today again.” Cute? Despite my friendly nature, I always thought that babies looked … the same? 

 

“Uhhhh.” I bawled happily as he tapped my nose gently. Truly, I did have a nice family.

 

“Michael …” My mother muttered, completely lovestruck.

 

“Laura …” He said and kissed her gently while I was pressed in between them. Laura´s bust was soft … but the armour my dad was wearing certainly wasn’t. 

 

“Baaaaa!” Like always, I just needed to voice my displeasure and they would act accordingly which meant a lot of fussing around this time, a few angry words from mother to father, and then time for bed where I immediately took a nap. 

 

Congratulations. You reached level 1.

 

 

That voice was there again. I nearly forgot about it after all these months, but it was still there! 

 

Please select an attribute to increase.

 

 

And then … nothing. Seriously, just nothing. No explanation what attributes were, how I could improve them, just utter silence. I seriously wished I would have talked more to the goddess, even though I was sure she had other things to do. Well, if I had nothing to do anyway, I could sleep again.

 

Please open your status screen and select an attribute to increase.

 

 

This girl really knew how to wake someone up again. In that case …

 

“Suuuuuuuuuu.” Saying ‘Status’ was apparently too much, but it did work nonetheless. A screen-like panel glowed up in front of me, revealing what was otherwise hidden from the naked eye.

 

 

Sofie Wolle

 

HP

 

1

 

MP

 

ERR

 

Age

 

0

 

Level

 

1

 

Experience

 

0/100

 

Race

 

Human

 

Stats

 

Strength 

 

1

 

Speed

 

1

 

Dexterity

 

0

 

Intelligence

 

0

 

Wisdom

 

0

 

 

Magic

 

Fire 

 

0

 

Earth

 

0

 

Light

 

0

 

Water

 

0

 

Air

 

0

 

Darkness

 

0

 

Skills

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Titles

 

Apostle of Life

 

 

 

 

 

 

                               

 

Seriously though … zero wisdom? Zero intelligence? Seriously? At least there was a little plus beside these zeros. And honestly, I´d rather have a one than a zero in these things, so it was no wonder that I tapped intelligence with my small finger. 

 

Thus, a zero became a two in no time … didn´t feel more intelligent though.

 

2