Chapter 198: College Life
113 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within minutes of teleporting to Lavern University, I found myself picking leisurely at a small breakfast and accompanied by some "friends". I was disguised as a student, one with fairly plain looks given my penchant for making myself handsome but that was part of today's fun.

Lavern University was located on the non-magical, "modern" world of Htrae, which thus far had not been a planet I was readily interfering with. I had done small things on Htrae, such as build up a handful of cults, and one big thing in the form of claiming the world's oceans as my own through a legion of cephalopods who worshiped me, but for the most part I had let the world be comparatively unchanged in the grander scheme of things. That was going to change.

I was going to amp up my presence in this world, particularly in the form of the Coeus Company, my business which allowed Andrea, the public face of the company, to have become a household name throughout much of the world. The Coeus Company was a robotics and technology company that was beginning to become a global player in national and international politics, but they were a focus for a different time.

Today my focus was to have fun and to begin to unleash some of my less violent demonic worshipers into this world. Which was why I was at Lavern University, and why a small group of succubi and incubi were with me. We were seated at a small booth inside of the food court where we had grabbed breakfast, and the demons were gazing at the Omni-Tool.

The Omni-Tool was currently in the form of a large mobile computer and the booth we were in served as a tiny movie theater for us. I was allowing the demons to watch a movie on a "streaming site", which was apparently something they quite liked. I hadn't expected them to be so fond of such a genuinely indestructive hobby, but they were positively engrossed by the movie they were watching.

In total there were four of them here with me. Two were incubi and two were succubi. One of the incubi was gentle-looking, but he was an internally sadistic man who was quite short and squirrely looking and had mastered the art of pheromone generation. He was a fanatical worshiper of me in my capacity as a god of pain and I had chosen to summon him here as a taskmaster and inquisitor who was going to keep the others in check.

The other incubus was a much more muscular-looking individual who looked intimidating and powerful but was truthfully quite lazy. I had blessed him to be much more charismatic than he once was and to be guaranteed to be a good lay, as well as used a few of my newer powers such as "Power bestowal" which was an ability I had earned when I became an intermediate deity, to grant him powers over sloth which I predicted he'd find quite fun.

The two succubi I had brought here were also fanatical worshipers of mine. To be fair to demons and demonesses of lust, my most prolific worshipers among demonkind were their kind, followed by demons of gluttony and envy so it made sense that all four of the demons I had chosen to be gatekeepers here worshiped me.

Both of the succubi were lovely women who wore the "traditional" outfits of the first Htraen cult devoted to me to make themselves publicly known. The cult was, a bit surprisingly, a cult that worshiped me as an outer god of the stars, biology, dreams, madness, chaos, and a few other things I tended not to use that often. The individuals who were a part of the cult didn't call me an "outer god", though even if they had the Htreaens wouldn't have known what that meant.

The succubi wore thick robes emblazoned with the symbol of the faith which was an image of a moon-like object with a single crimson eye in the middle of it. They were both true believers in the faith and had come up with it on their own after I manifested in front of them in the form of a moon with a face, a hungry one at that, while they were coming to the Blackened Boscage.

The truth was that on that day I was merely testing my powers as an ascendant great old one and it resulted in them being driven utterly insane, not so much by the image itself but by my presence. Unexpectedly, at least to me, both of them quickly became skilled evangelists and they had begun to spread their homemade faith throughout my empire using succubi powers over dreams. I was planning to empower them later today to become even greater evangelists since I liked the faith they had made.

One of my first abilities as an ascendant great old one had been an ability to instantly drive people I could see to madness. When I became a true outer god I had been given a much greater form of that power that could affect people remotely, but when I first received the lesser power I had had fun with it to build a select number of cults devoted to me as an ascendant great old one.

The particular faith the pair of succubi created revolved around the idea of submission to their god, me, and the idea that one's natural body before I altered it was cursed and ugly. They prayed to the moon every single night and told their faithful to offer themselves to me like they had so that I could make them beautiful.

Unsurprisingly their faith also incorporated sex and encouraged regular believers to have sex with clerics of the faith, based on the idea that clerics were better suited to handle the "sins" that regular members released when they climaxed and that the selflessness of clerics in willingly "burdening" themselves would cause me to notice and then alter them sooner. That was an idea I had a lot of fun with, and I did actually alter some of the members of the faith to prove to them the "truth" of the religion. 

The two of them were seated next to each other and their eyes were glued to the screen of my Omni-Tool. They were both beautiful, oddly human-like succubi and they were happy just to be here. They would, of course, do anything I commanded them to do to the best of their abilities, which was something I had learned in earlier interactions with them.

I poked at my breakfast and chuckled as the demons were positively engrossed by the drama streaming on my artifact-turned-mobile-computer. As the demons continued to watch the movie, I began to look around and take in my surroundings. 

We were seated on the upper, seating-only, section of the food court. There were fewer students around us than I would have thought given that today was the first day of class for the new school year. I quickly supposed that most of the students probably had made their own breakfast rather than risk waiting in line to get some food and chance being late on their first days. 

Some other students, usually solitary ones, sat at nearby tables and listened to music or even "Screen-timed" their friends; they used an application on their phones or mobile computers to video-chat with their friends and families. A few students enviously looked over at us, especially at me since I was a rather plain-looking figure at the moment. My demonic worshipers were too engrossed in the movie to pay them much mind. 

After a few moments of looking around and thinking about how to best use Lavern University as a base of operations I silently created four bank accounts and cards to go along with said bank accounts. I also commanded an artificial intelligence I had long ago injected into Htrae's internet to begin to enroll the demons into this university. 

After a few moments, people stopped looking over at the booth and I placed the cards I had just created in front of the four demons. I implanted knowledge into their minds of the basics of this world and university, including the purpose of their cards and how they worked.

As I did the A.I. I had placed into the world wide internet began to fulfill my command of enrolling the group of demons into the university. It was an easy task to do, and the A.I. had done more difficult things at my behest in the past. 

I connected to the internet myself and injected millions in the local currency into the bank accounts I had created since the demons would need to go out and purchase various goods later today. I figured that price shouldn't be an issue for them since they were serving me and I could freely give them as much money as they needed or wanted.

As I stayed connected to the internet in the wake of funding my four worshippers I sensed my A.I. continue to work on the minutia of enrolling them in the university. It was assigning them dorm rooms, all in different buildings, and I aided it by creating the rooms it assigned my demons to. My enhanced powers over trickery and lies gave me a boost to allow me to do this without drawing unwanted attention since I was in a minor way, warping reality. 

My A.I. also created the student emails for the demons and even enrolled them in classes, as well as paid the tuition for them, and sent their professors an email explaining they were moving in late. None of them were in the same classes or had the same professors. The A.I. I had created was thorough. 

The next hour passed by smoothly and without interruption. At some point during the movie, probably shortly after I began to enroll my worshipers in college, I had decided to just allow them to finish the movie. It wasn't a movie I found particularly engaging, but it was neat to see Althonites in it since the movie's male and female leads were both worshipers of mine who were part of the cult created by Nathan Pendergrass and the pleasure devils I had assigned to babysit him. 

When it was done I stood up and telepathically ordered my demons to do the same thing. It was time that they see their rooms. They obeyed me without hesitation, they knew what I was capable of, but I sensed their confusion. When I did I chuckled, audibly, and spoke to them mentally again. 

"You all are going to school. But first, we've got to go shopping." I told them, internally. There was a wide grin on my face as I mentally spoke to them. I had a plan for them, one that would allow me to use Lavern University in much the same way that I used Nathan; as a tool to begin to fill this world with my servants and my cults.

I grabbed my Omni-Tool and I effortlessly shifted it back into a ring, before gently placing the thing on my finger. As I did I also created a portal next to us, an invisible one, that led us to a large electronics store. My demons could see it and they marched through it, and a second later so did I. It was time for some shopping.


We found ourselves deep in the back of a giant warehouse filled with electronics. I covered us all in an enhanced "Aura of normalcy" which I could share with my followers so that no one questioned us, or how we got here so quickly since the store had only just opened up for the day. 

"Find and grab any laptop, desktop, gaming system, and 60-inch T.V. you like. You all have basically unlimited funds on your cards, and a large dorm room each to decorate." I told the demons. They all perked up after hearing this, which was unsurprising since they all had been engrossed in the movie they had watched earlier. I could tell that they would enjoy finding devices for entertainment. 

All of them but one of the succubi immediately wandered off, content to search for goods on their own. I also went ahead and bestowed them with knowledge of electronics, so they knew the sort of powerful devices they were looking for. The lone succubus who remained with me looked timidly at me, though her eyes were filled with admiration, lust, and reverence. 

I looked at her and smiled, before offering her my arm. She meekly moved towards me and wrapped herself around it, kissing my cheek a second later. With the succubus practically glued to me I began to explore the store. 

With a succubus clinging to my arm it was easy to think of her and perhaps even other demons as weirdly human, but that wasn't reflective of who they were in actuality. Demons were malicious, malignant entities who delighted in pain and wickedness. The fact that this succubus was tame in my presence was a sign of how powerful I was, not a sign that succubi or other demons were tame. 

As Ashlen, the demoness clinging to me, began to turn her gaze towards the electronics my mind turned to another demoness who behaved tamely around me: Sombra. Sombra was another demoness whose life had been changed by a casual usage of my powers, though in her case it was me granting her a body. Ever since she had since become obsessed with me and a fanatical worshiper of mine. She was also almost kind when she was in my presence, but it was important to remember that she was a demoness. 

Obviously at the moment, Sombra wasn't with me. She was instead becoming trained as a priestess in the faith that worshiped the Hungering Void, me as a demon lord.

That training wasn't for the faint-hearted, nor was it for the good-aligned. I knew, via domain sense, that Sombra was currently learning how to ritualistically blind someone and sacrifice their eyes to me. Ashlen was every bit as fanatical as Sombra and was only tame for the moment because she was obeying me directly and was with me, the being she quite literally worshipped. 

Her eyes were currently exploring a series of flashy-looking but ultimately bad laptops. I studied her for a moment, amused by her immediate attraction to a flashy but ineffectual computer. 

Ashlen was a good deal shorter than my current form with the deeply tanned skin of an athlete who had spent most of her life practicing a sport out in the hot sun. She had long brown hair that stretched past her small chest, almost to her belly button. Her hair was the part of her that was the most visible since most of her body aside from her face was hidden underneath her gray robes. 

The succubus was idle for a moment, before kissing the back of my arm reverentially. I could tell that for her this was a form of worship since her thoughts were laid bare to me. I could also tell she was the more fanatical of the two founders of her faith. Being able to read the minds of demons and other extraplanar beings was incredibly handy. 

I myself was rather plain looking at the moment. I had given myself the form of a somewhat attractive Htraen human with dark hair and darker eyes. To anyone who happened to glance at us we probably resembled an ordinary couple, and one of us just happened to have a quirky sense of fashion. 

1