Chapter 42: Daily Life
97 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mighty "Type-Green" power-set was one that granted its wielders the ability to use what humans commonly called "magic". It was a powerful power-set and in almost every case where someone possessed the power to call upon it, it manifested differently. 

Among the students of The American Academy of Honduras, a little over a month and a week after Nathan's powers initially awakened two students could use magic. One of the students lucky enough to possess the power to use magic was Nathan, and the other was Mirella. Nathan's potent arcane powers made him something akin to a wizard, a skillful practitioner of arcane arts who needed intelligence, spells, and knowledge to properly use magic. For him, even with the knowledge he acquired in the wake of his defeat of the coven who once stepped out of a portal not far from Tegucigalpa, magic was not as easy as it was for Mirella.

On the other hand, Mirella was far more akin to a sorceress, someone for whom magic was as natural and mysterious as something like her own heart. She had abilities such as will-casting, and the power to outwardly manifest her own potent magic in a brilliant aura that obeyed her commands. She lacked Nathan's surprisingly deep knowledge of magic and his potent arsenal of magic. For her magic was about emotions and spontaneity, not about knowledge and skill. 

While Mirella may have had more natural power in magic than Nathan did, Nathan was able to steal the knowledge of no less than three powerful practitioners of the arcane. That created an enormous difference between the two, so much so that Nathan was able to effortlessly hide his own potent use of the arcane arts from Mirella even while seated next to her.

As she read silently and studied for the test she knew was inevitable she had no idea that a magic-user was seated right next to her. Of course, her own lack of powerful mutations that'd aid her in the recognition of such things also helped Nathan remain unseen by her, but magic users were normally able to sense their own even without the help of such innate gifts, provided they could acquire the needed knowledge.


At the very same time that I was seated inside of a small English classroom, my perfected clone was engaging in some rather important work. He was seated inside of a small cafe and had a laptop in front of him, in addition to a cup of coffee that sat lazily to the side of the computer. 

The strange figure idly tapped on the computer, carefully working on filling out various paperwork digitally, all of which was essential for registering a business. As he did this, he began to smile. This was unsurprising since he was actually doing something quite important for my long-term goals. 

I was a skillful and active user of the "Type-Grey" powerset which enhanced my mind and body in a considerable number of ways. I was especially fond of how the powerset enabled me to maximize the potential power of the robots that flowed through my every drop of blood. My clone was in the process of acting upon this by creating a company that I hoped to one day make as successful and influential as companies like Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft, and other prominent businesses. 

He was in a somewhat quiet cafe as he did this, and even as he gently typed on the computer he had recently purchased using money he took from criminals a few of the cafe's other customers tried not to get caught staring at him. His appearance was identical to that of the businessman-form that I used when conversing with people like Joshua Orlando or for other business-related things in Honduras. That would, in all likelihood, be the form that I took when I engaged in any sort of business-related activity.  

The clone was actively making use of a few of our mind-alteration powers on himself as he worked through the paperwork he needed to do. Two such powers the clone was using were "Flow State", which enabled him to concentrate and work at incredibly fast speeds, and "Will to Power" which enabled him to momentarily kill off minor distractions and focus entirely on his work without any risk of being seriously disrupted. That said the real secret to his speed wasn't his superpowers. It was his knowledge. 

The clone, and thus I, had copied knowledge and skills from hundreds of skilled professionals throughout Los Angeles. That, coupled with the mind-alteration power known as "Accelerated Training", enabled the two of us to possess an incredibly advanced gasp of things like economics and business law. 

It was while the clone did that that I mused on the nature of the potent powers possessed by the "Type-Grey" powerset. The grey powerset was an unusual one in that it granted very few external superpowers. It wasn't like the blue powerset which not only enhanced the mind on an internal level but also granted direct, explicit, demonstrable superpowers. Instead of focusing on making its wielders somehow stronger or even smarter than others, the grey powerset was for people who wanted to master skills and maximize their brain's potential. 

I personally thought of the grey powerset as one of my secret weapons. It was a highly flexible powerset that allowed its users and especially those who sought to master it plenty of means to do a wide range of things, even without seeming to grant its wielders powers as visibly dramatic as things like superpowered flight or telekinesis. That said, a true master of type-grey wouldn't need such direct superpowers as they'd surely be able to invent a response to someone capable of flight or telekinesis that'd allow the two of them to fight on even terms.


Meanwhile, in Honduras, I used "Multisense" to carefully study Mirella while seeming to read my copy of the latest book that the class had been assigned. My powerful psychic ability, coupled with a few of my other powers, allowed me to easily keep an eye on everyone in the class even while I feigned an interest in the book the class had been assigned. 

Truthfully it was quite difficult to pretend the book in front of me was interesting. Upton Sinclaire's most famous work was far from a poorly-written novel, but a lot of mundane things had lost the ability to really intrigue me since I first discovered that I possessed superpowers. To be fair, I supposed it made sense that a world where a single person could accurately spy on an entire half of the world was more interesting than a world where one's "to-do list" included doing fairly basic math problems. That said, possessing all of that knowledge and awareness was not all it was cracked up to be. 

At the very moment that I was in class, turning the page in my book, I was aware of how many people throughout the Americas were having sex. I could literally see millions of naked bodies writhing around on top of each other. I was aware of exactly how many people were planning crimes or were in the process of executing them. I knew how many people were in the midst of hurting themselves or one another, and such knowledge weighed heavily on the soul. 

Even without "Multisense" my senses were so keen that I could hear every labored breath throughout Tegucigalpa and beyond. I could hear the footsteps of millions of animals all around me. I could smell even the faintest scents lingering in the air around me. I could hear panicked heartbeats from whole other buildings as students begin to take quizzes they hadn't studied for, or as teachers saw their colleagues that they had secret feelings for. 

I myself was the subject of the feelings of many individuals throughout the school. Students, parents, teachers, and staff alike had seen me, or at least seen one of my clones, and had experienced momentary attraction to me before realizing that I was a student and that in many cases to be attracted to me was to risk indecency. To be fully fair to them they couldn't control what aroused them but they were not mindless creatures driven by impulse, they could control what actions they took in response to my newfound attractiveness. And, thankfully for me, they had. No one had made any attempts to move on me, which was something I was thankful for. 

My romantic life was... a mess. Olivia and I had spent a healthy amount of time together and were physically attracted to each other but we couldn't act on our impulses due to the complexity of my physiology. If I gave in to the urges I felt around her then I'd be acting immorally since I knew what I could do to someone else if I wasn't careful.


"Type-Pink" powers were powers that were totally unique to me. They were all remarkably potent abilities that ranged from me bringing the spiritual manifestations of places, things, and some forms of life such as trees and plants to full life and sapience, to me becoming empowered by sex and empowering others by having sex with them.

My "Type-Pink" powers weren't just things like the ability to control the size of my own personal assets or control my fertility, they were also things like me gaining the power to copy the power possessed by others if I had sex with them. They gave me the power to gain power by seduction and to bestow incredible, mind and soul-altering levels of pleasure on those I had sex with. If I even kissed someone I could fill them with virtue-restoring bliss or hedonism-inflicting corruption due to the ways that my nature as an angel and as a demon intersected with my "Type-Pink" powers. 

Because of how incredibly potent "Type-Pink" was I had to be careful even in minor interactions with people. My physiology made me dangerous to others, so I tended to be cautious in my dealings with everyone but especially mundane people. That said, I didn't hate all of the "Type-Pink" powers. 

Some of them were extremely intriguing to me, especially two that gave me the ability to passively generate a wellspring of adaptable, potent power. One such power was an ability called "Innate" that allowed me to passively generate and store a type of energy that was related to sex, fertility, desire, love, lust, nature, and beauty tethered to my soul. Another power was called "Ambient Absorption" which was an upgradeable power that allowed me to absorb the potent power generated by any and all other people when they engaged in acts that drew upon love, lust, desire, sex, fertility, nature, and beauty, in a range that at the moment was a full country around me. 

That energy was incredibly powerful in the context of my "Type-Pink" powers and it could also be generated by me having sex or by others having sex while dedicating it to me, or perhaps more importantly, to Idros. With that energy, I could empower my own physique and abilities further still (though not as explosively as I could with my other superpowers), or I could use it in ways that allowed me to directly alter the world.

The final especially interesting "Type-Pink" ability allowed me to touch and convert technology so that it was powered by me and the energy I either generated or absorbed from others and gave me a certain level of influence over said technology. It was a power known as "Erotech" which I had plans to use more fully in time, especially when I began to encounter technology beyond the level of technology possessed by the humans of the Earth that I called home. With it, I had an extremely potent means of gaining control over technology, so long as I could touch whatever I sought to influence, especially when combined with the powerful machines that dwelled inside of me.

Thanks to "Type-Pink" my pseudo-divine powers had also increased. One of the powers within the "Type-Pink" umbrella was a power known as "Sowing Your Blessings" which allowed me to hear prayers to myself, see into and manipulate the dreams of my worshipers, and expend some of my energy to answer them.

It was one of my more curious abilities, as I could see someone believing that it meant that "Type-Pink" powers were themselves related to divinity. I myself wondered if that was the case, but either way, it allowed me to more easily spread one aspect of my plots so I didn't mind it and answered prayers as often as I could. 


As I thought about all of the people who experienced attraction to me in the time since I matured and gained the power to control my nature as a changeling I internally sighed. If I was less moral I could easily use the powerful abilities I possessed to take control of my surroundings, and among other things more efficiently farm points. 

At the moment the least moral I was willing to be to gain points was to make use of the "Way of Life", the cult I had created to an admittedly fictional deity but I was also becoming an increasingly active pseudo-divinity. I regularly answered prayers and even made use of my morphic companion to regularly cause all sorts of miracles. These miracles ranged from using my companion to heal the infirm to answering prayers that related to one's business ambitions. And because of this worship of Idros was slowly spreading throughout Tegucigalpa. 

I may have been a pseudo-divinity but given that I actually used my powers for good and performed miracles it was difficult for me to say that worshiping me was somehow any worse than worshipping any other deity that I knew of. My worshipers actually benefitted from worshiping me, so I didn't mind benefitting from their worship. 

Much of the energy that was related to my "Type-Pink" powers that I had absorbed came from my worshipers. They had sex and devoted their pleasure and bliss to Idros, and in doing so generated even more of the strange energy that I was able to detect and absorb thanks to my "Type-Pink" power than people just having sex did. This was something like sexual energy and it was weirdly powerful when I absorbed and made use of it, even though I was hesitant to really attempt to generate it myself. For now though, I was satisfied with aiding my cult and encouraging them to generate power for me.


By the time I was done with English class, the bell had rang and I found myself seated outside and staring at the lunch that Olivia made for me. I idly opened it and saw that it was a nice meal of rice, chicken, veggies, and prepared in a surprisingly artistic manner. 

"Looks like Olivia would make a decent housewife..." I muttered to myself, even as I began to eat the food. I didn't need to eat but it was a fun activity that I often indulged in for the sake of looking normal. As I ate a few of my classmates began to get their food and go to various areas around our part of the campus to eat. Some of them even came up to me and sat down beside me. One such individual included Raul, who over the course of the last few weeks had become a friend of mine. 

"Hey Nathan, where'd you get your lunch? I was surprised when I didn't see you in line." He commented, as soon as he saw my food. I looked at him and chuckled before opting to reveal Olivia's presence to the world for the very first time.

"Oh this? My girlfriend made it for me." I explained, casually. Raul, upon hearing this, excitedly bumped my arm and smiled at me. 

"Dude! You have a girlfriend? That's awesome. What's her name?" He asked, his eyes filled with genuine excitement for me. I smiled at him and pulled out my phone while mentally willing my nanomachines to alter the contents of the phone and create an image of a younger version of Olivia in my phone's gallery. I felt the robots rush to work even as I moved the device out of my pocket. 

"Her name is Olivia. She's a few years older than me. We met at a UNITECHNOS party a few weeks ago." I explained, even as I felt the device in my hand be altered by the nanomachines within me. UNITECHNOS was a university in Honduras, with a campus in Tegucigalpa, Copan, and San Pedro Sula. I entered the password in my phone and clicked on the gallery's icon before flipping through a few different pictures and finding a picture of a woman who was clearly Olivia but a decade and a half younger, so instead of being thirty-seven she was twenty-two. 

The picture showed her smiling in what appeared to be the inside of a nearby movie theater. She wore casual Earth clothes, instead of the normal clothes she wore which were a combination of dresses and armor. I showed Raul the phone and he gasped as he saw the world-class beauty. 

"Dude she's smoking..." He uttered, as he saw her. Funnily enough, she actually was in Tegucigalpa right now, or at least one of her was. She was overseeing the move into the penthouse apartment that I had bought since I was here, in school, and I hadn't felt like sending a clone over to the apartment building. Olivia was one of the few inhabitants of The Sanctuary that I had opted to give the power to move around Earth somewhat freely.

Like The American Academy of Honduras, UNITECHNOS is a fictional location based in part on various actual places that exist in and around both Tegucigalpa and Honduras. If you didn't know this already I myself spent part of my childhood in Honduras, specifically my high school years, and I was raised in other Latin-American countries as well. I am Puerto Rican and was raised in Honduras, Colombia, Panama, and the southern United States.

4