Blocking the Door
1.3k 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Yu Yan had thought she would get to see Lu Tong Xiao as soon as the surgery was over but the reality proved her wrong. 

She had wanted to see him as soon as the doctors came out of his room, however, there was a strict instruction from them to not disturb him for the night. What he needed the most right now was ample rest without any disturbance. 

During this time, a group of imperial armies kept a tight guard over the Lu manor despite the resistance from Xuyi. He knew his Master would not like it if he was awake. However, after the incident, the Emperor believed that the personal guards of Lu Tong Xiao were not strong enough to protect him. Hence, a dozen of the strongest imperial armies were sent to the Lu manor with the Emperor’s order. 

Early the next morning, Bai Yu Yan did not get even an hour of sleep before she went to Lu Tong Xiao’s sleeping quarters. But before she could get inside, two sturdy imperial guards stopped her from entering at the door. 

Bai Yu Yan furrowed her brows and looked at the two men blocking the entrance. 

“What are you doing?”

“We have been ordered not to let anyone inside until the doctor checks on His Excellency’s condition,” said the guard with an expressionless face. 

Bai Yu Yan’s eyes turned cold as she looked at the men. She remembered the two guards from the day before. They had been seen providing protection to Xin An Rou outside the carriage. 

Hearing them say it was the doctor’s order, she scoffed, “Hah, you mean order from the first Princess?” 

She did not see why she had to take the order from someone else to see her own husband. The thing had started to get on her nerves now. 

The guards looked at her but did not reply. They went back to guarding the door with a poker face as if they did not see her.  

Bai Yu Yan had had enough of this. Although she didn’t want to do this, seeing that they were not going to step aside, she was left with no choice. 

“Xuyi!” 

The moment Bai Yu Yan’s voice dropped, a man in black clothing soundlessly jumped down from the roof in a flash. 

Startled, the guards looked at the man who had been on the roof all along. To be able to stay there for so long without them knowing, the two guards silently exchanged looks. 

“Xuyi, who am I?” asked Bai Yu Yan with a calm voice. 

Half kneeling on the floor, Xuyi’s eyes twinkled as he answered, “Madame is the legal wife of Master and Young Mistress of the Lu manor.” 

“And will you perform the task I ask of you?” 

“Even if this servant is asked to offer his life,” replied Xuyi seriously. 

Xuyi was glad that his Young Mistress had finally decided to let these people know her position. The presence of the imperial army in the Lu manor had irked him since the day before. Moreover, he had been watching how they were treating the young madame of the house and had wanted to snap their neck into two.  

Bai Yu Yan nodded her head and smiled at the two men while saying, “Throw these two out of this courtyard. I don’t want to see them here again.” 

Hearing her say that, the guards gave a cold chuckle. They were here at the order from the palace so they wanted to see if the woman really dared to throw them out.  

However, not even a minute later, the two imperial guards were nowhere to be seen inside the courtyard. Xuyi patted his hands and bowed his head to Bai Yu Yan, silently telling her that the job has been done. 

“Until His Excellency can give his order, you are in charge of the guards of the Lu manor. Although these people are from the imperial army, you don’t have to hold back if they do not know their position,” she said with a serious tone. The Lu guards are personally trained by Lu Tong Xiao and are like a family to him. So there was no way she would watch them get insulted by the imperial soldiers. Remembering they rode a long distance from the south without any rest, she added, “I have told the kitchen to prepare some bone broth and fish head for all of you. Remember to take it from the kitchen in the breakfast.”  

When he heard it, Xuyi felt warm from inside. He knew it was the genuine concern of Bai Yu Yan for them instead of her trying to win their favour. 

Not knowing how to react to it, Xuyi scratched the back of his head and disappeared giving an awkward thank you. 

Not waiting any longer, Bai Yu Yan pushed open the door and silently closed it behind her. The morning sun spilled on the floor, brightening the entire room. She quietly walked up to the large bed with light movements and looked at the man peacefully sleeping with his eyes gently closed. 

Although still pale, Lu Tong Xiao’s face had gotten some healthy flush compared to the previous day. 

Bai Yu Yan had believed that she did not think about this man all these days but looking at his face right now, she realised how much she had missed him. The thought of him never once left her mind. Not even for a moment. 

Her fingers gently brushed his dark ruffled hair aside and touched his forehead. Fortunately, it was not burning up which made her sigh in relief.

Her eyes went down his bare chest where a thick gauge was wrapped around his torso. 

Instead of sympathy, raging fury boiled in her eyes. 

She stretched her index finger and poked his cheek, “I told you to come back safely, didn’t I? Huh? What if you had died from that sword? Did you think I would wait for you?”  

Deep in slumber, Lu Tong Xiao felt a cold hand brushing against his forehead and gliding against his cheeks. Due to the effects of medicine, he was feeling hot all over his body so when a cool touch gently caressed his face, he wanted to lean against it. 

However, before he could relish the feel, the delicate touch suddenly became like a sharp nail and started poking his cheeks. 

Lu Tong Xiao was struggling to open his eyes and see who had eaten the leopard’s gall to dare to poke and pinch him on the face when suddenly he heard a soft voice angrily scolding him. 

When he heard her words, he was stunned speechless. 

Bai Yu Yan who did not see the subtle tremble of the man’s lashes went along with her scolding with gritted teeth.

“What if I had become a widow at such a young age? Did you think I would go and become a nun in the temple? Hah!...I will say this only once so you better listen carefully. If anything happens to you, I am going to find a young and handsome man and marry him immediately. Did you hear me? A young handsome man! And I will - 

Before she could say another word, Bai Yu Yan let out a surprised yelp as she was pulled down on the bed. Her delicate finger was held between a pair of lips and lightly bitten by rows of sharp teeth. 

“Ouch!” 

Bai Yu Yan fell on the cushion of his hard chest, making direct contact to his bare but warm skin. As her eyes touched his passionate gaze, the words of curses stuck in her throat were forgotten with her worries.  

Lu Tong Xiao’s dark eyes looked into hers like they were searching for something inside the deep pool of her eyes, making her unconsciously hold her breath. 

Even if he was lying injured and she was currently in an advantageous position above him, for some reason, Bai Yu Yan felt like prey trapped under his gaze. Her earlier courage while scolding him vanished into the thin air. 

“Did missing this lord too much turn my wife into a fool?” said Lu Tong Xiao without letting go of her finger. His low voice sounded gravelly deep after just waking up. 

Feeling his warm tongue gently sliding against her finger, Bai Yu Yan’s imagination started galloping like a wild horse. Slowly, pink flush spread from her cheeks down to her neck, making her face hot and red. 

Bai Yu Yan felt like the heat from the man’s tongue could scald her finger. Flustered by her own indecent thoughts, she licked the side of her soft lips, unknowingly making the man beneath her feel dry in his mouth. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
10