Part I: The ancestor of the Miao shaman(1)
825 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An actor's opening words

In 1987, the Greater Hinggan Mountains suffered a rare forest fire. When the fire had been put out, there were charred ruins everywhere, and the smell of burnt wood filled the air.

A team of PLA officers and men are still doing the final clean-up at the scene, they have not rested normally for more than a month, the tragic image after the fire impact on everyone's nerves, see more also become numb.

Some of the bodies charred by the fire were cleared down the mountain and buried. Suddenly, a soldier seemed to be frightened by something and shouted to the squad leader not far away: "Squad leader, you come and see quickly, what is this?"

"Zhang Zhu, you again blind shout a what? Look what you've done!" The squad leader went to the front, thinking that Zhang Zhu had seen another charred body. When he came closer, he saw that there was indeed a charred body, blackened by the smoke. Although the fire was leathery and hairless, the body was recognizable from the neck down, but not from the neck up. The charred body's head was badly damaged in the fire, and most of its facial muscles had been burned off. From the cut, two rows of sharp fangs appeared in the mouth. And the skull on the face of the charred corpse is so protruding that it looks more like a canine head than a human corpse.

The squad leader stared at the scorched corpse, felt the cool wind swishing in the back of his neck, and saw sweat on his forehead. At this time, the surrounding soldiers gathered around, pointing to the burnt corpse talk in great Numbers.

"Zhang Zhu, go to the company commander and report the situation!" The monitor tried to calm himself down. He realized that he could not solve the problem, so he had better report to the company commander.

"Yes, Sir! Zhang Zhu promised to run to the direction of the company. The corporal looked after him and sighed, and was about to disperse the crowd of soldiers, when he heard one of them shout: "It's moving! The monster has moved!" The squad leader quickly looked at the corpse and saw that the corpse was still lying motionless on the ground. However, the posture was obviously different from just now. The monitor's face changed. Not dead yet? Why, all burnt into coke, not dead?

Just as the sergeant was in shock, the charred corpse on the ground suddenly rose to its full height, seized the nearest soldier, opened its tusks, and plunged them into his throat. Throw backward, throw this soldier seven or eight meters far, see soldier's neck flesh and blood be blurred, blood shout straight, already dead.

Damn it! Stunned squad leader reaction to come over, suddenly grabbed the automatic rifle behind (the task is to clean up the scene of the fire, squad leader of only a few people around you have a five or six type automatic rifle, or prevent any beast hurt), aimed at the focal corpse began shooting, with the continuous gunfire, the bullet accurately hit the focal corpse in the chest. But the bullet hit on the burnt body like mud into the sea, no effect, but the burnt body's attention attracted to come over, turned around, slowly walked towards the squad leader.

The squad leader clenched his teeth and hugged the trigger to the bottom. Dozens of bullets shot into the chest of the charred body. This shot had some effect, except that it caused the corpse to pause and retreat a little. Once the gunshot stopped, burnt corpse walked towards the squad leader slowly again.

The squad leader turned his empty automatic rifle around and used it as a cudgels, taking a combat stance. The soldiers beside them lifted their picks and spades, ready to fight the scorched corpses.

At this point, someone behind the crowd shouted, "Get down!" The soldiers, recognizing that they were familiar with the officer, did not hesitate, and immediately fell to the ground. There was a flurry of gunfire, and sparks flew from the charred body. As soon as the gunshot stopped, the burnt body finally could no longer resist the bullet and fell backwards. The crowd looked back. It was the company commander, the instructor and a soldier who fired. The three automatic rifles emptied, and the three men quickly changed their magazines and turned their sights again toward the charred body.

The squad leader lay down closest to the body and saw that it was still. After waiting for a while, but not seeing any response, he got up boldly and went to the burnt corpse with his cat waist. He approached the corpse and looked into its face. The LIDS of the corpse had been burned off, but the large eyes were still hanging from their sockets. At this time to look, the pupil has spread, is really dead.

Note (1) Miao: Miao is an ancient ethnic group, which is distributed all over the world, mainly in provinces of China and countries and regions in Southeast Asia, such as Laos, Vietnam and Thailand.

4