Chapter 22 Underground
108 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man with white hair...Sun Pangzi and I looked at each other. His eyes were full of questions. He looked even more surprised than I was.I sighed and turned to Hao Wenming. "Director Hao," I said, "is that young man with white hair not Called Wu Mian?"

"Wu Mian?Do not know "Hao Civilization is frowning shook his head:" at the beginning high director of the bureau brought back, is now the investigation director of Investigation Room 6 -- Wu Rendi (in Chinese the homophonic of this name is invincible)."

Oh...Sun Pangzi and I breathed a sigh of relief that we had the same family name but different names.But it was a very domineering name.

"Leaving aside the history of the Bureau of Folklore Investigation, I will tell you what I can when I have time.Now take you somewhere nice."After getting into the elevator, Hao wenming took out an access card and said, "I forgot to tell you that there is no restriction on the ninth floor of the building and all internal staff are free to go in and out.There are restrictions on the fifth floor of the basement, and ordinary administrators have no access to the basement.The investigator can only get to the second floor, the six directors to the third, and the chief to the fourth."

"Your basic equipment includes access CARDS for the first and second floors," he said, gesturing to the boxes in our hands.

I heard hao Wenming's words have a problem "Wrong ah, is not said underground five floors?The director can only go to the fourth floor. Who went to the fifth floor?""The fifth floor hasn't been open since there was a polling bureau.As for who can go in, you go ask gao Director general, "Hao Wenming said with half a smile.

"All say only gao Chief knew, who dare to ask..."'whispered the fat man.Hao Wenming did not reason him, brushed the access card, pressed the button of the second floor underground.After the elevator entered the basement, it was ridiculously slow and arrived at the second floor of the basement about three minutes later.

This is the basement?Is it just the underground second floor?What we saw was beyond description spectacular.The height of the ceiling is at least 50 meters. From my point of view, it is really impossible to see the edge.In all, the underground second floor is bigger than two football fields combined.

"Director Hao, is this still a basement or an air raid bunker?" said Sun Pangzi in surprise."And the kind that can defend against atomic bombs..."'I added

"Haven't seen the world, wait until you have seen the underground third floor to express your opinion," Hao Wenming said, leading the two of us to the inside.

There are more people here than there are buildings on the ground with few people.Not far from the lift, I saw a group of four or five people, the first of whom was about twenty-five years old....Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a foreigner.

Isn't the Bureau of Folkloric Survey and Research very low-key?Why are there foreigners?I didn't want to think too much about it. The foreigner had already come to greet him and said in pure Beijing dialect, "Hey, Director Hao, didn't you say that Director Gao had asked for you?Oh, this is coming back pretty soon.What do you call these brothers behind you?"

It seemed that Hao Was not used to this foreigner's frivolous appearance. "Can you talk like an ordinary foreigner?Not I say you, this mouth of Beijing dialect are all from whom to learn?"

"I can't do that, my dear Hao," the foreigner said again, his Beijing dialect restrained, but his body language enriched.He spread out his hands with an expression of resignation that was exaggerated and European: "I can't suppress my gift. It's a gift for language.You know, my dear Hao. '

Being called 'dear' by a foreign man, Director Hao was obviously still not used to it: "Ok, you can say what you like" Hao Civilized compromise, he stretched out his hand to the foreigner a wave: "this foreigner is the director of the Investigation Room 3, Director Hugo.Those are the investigators from Investigation Room 3.Well, really, Hugo, what's your full name again?"

"Hao, I'm sorry about your memory.My full name is Nicholas K Hugo.You may call me Hugo, but of course I don't mind being Called Nikolay."Nicolas K. Hugo said slightly displeased.

Hao Wenming ignored him and continued to introduce him to me and the fat man: "Director Hugo's Investigation Room 3 is responsible for international religious affairs.Young as he is, he is a communicator from the Vatican."

Then he swung his hand in the direction of the fat man and me: "They are the new people in our room.The fat one is called Sun Desheng, and the non-fat one is called Shen La."

Ever since Hao Wenming told him that Hugo came from the Vatican, Sun Pangzi has been thinking about the Vatican at random with a frown.Suddenly he patted his thigh. "Now that I remember, the Vatican is the home of Christianity!"

The corners of Hugo's mouth twitched and his face changed color as he uttered these words, but in an instant he was back to normal. "Sun, my friend, what you had just said in the Vatican would have been an irreparable nightmare.The good news is that this is China.But, Sun, you really need to get reacquainted with mainstream Western religions."

He was about to continue to popularize the distinction between Catholicism, Christianity and Orthodox Christianity when the elevator opened again and a tall white man came out and walked right up to us.Seeing Director Hao, he nodded his head slightly, as if to say hello.
Then he went straight to Hugo and whispered something in his ear.

This underground two floors are really too open, such a distance, and then speak quietly will inevitably be heard by others.Too bad it doesn't help.I strained my ears but didn't understand.He doesn't speak English, which is probably some kind of Latin language.

The white man then stood behind Hugo, who did not explain, but gave us a flat smile. "Sorry, I guess I left.I need to take care of some small things, Shen and Sun. It's nice to meet you today. "He opened his arms and wanted to hug me and Sun.

Hugo's move startled me. I had never been held like that by a man in my life.Sun Pangzi stepped back and let me out.Fortunately, I was in a hurry, both hands toward the foreign man a fist (a Kind of Chinese etiquette) : "Director Hugo, you are too kind".

Hugo was surprised for a moment, then chuckled, clenched his fist and saluted: "Your Chinese manners are so interesting."He took his leave and took the white man and his investigator off in an elevator.

Seeing that the elevator was already rising, Sun Pangzi said, "Director, who is the foreigner coming from behind?""Hugo's subordinate, Moyes.Don't look down upon him. He is no less capable than Hugo."

Sun Pangzi said dismissively, "If he is really capable, why should he still be a subordinate?""You don't know anything."Hao Wenming gave him a look and continued, "It's not me. You haven't figured out the domestic affairs yet. What are you meddling with the affairs of foreigners?"

Then he led us on until we reached a room deep in the ground floor on the second floor.Hao Civilization opened the door of the room: "Come in, we are here."

When I got inside, I found a lot of things. Inside was a standard 30-meter shooting range.Looks like I'll have to work with guns in the future.Without further consideration, the fat man and I put the box on the shooting range.

Hao Wenming took out a pack of cigarettes, did not let us smoke meaning, after lighting one said "open the box, the password is 581215" "Director, this password has any special meaning?"I said as I tapped the code.

"Not particularly interesting, December 15, 1958.It was Director Gao's birthday.Oh, and don't forget the presents."

And gifts?I began to feel uncomfortable.But the box was open, distracting me.It was divided into two layers, the upper one neatly placed with a type 92 pistol, and the right side with four magazines.On the left are neatly placed leather bags that look like cell phone bags.

The second layer is more interesting, it is a variety of ID CARDS.There are customs, inspection and Quarantine bureau, public security bureau, procuratorate...Most egregious of all, there was also a work card from the Central Internal Security office (the National Leadership Security Office), with my picture on each card.

"Director, you've done a good job with this fake certificate. It's much better than 200 yuan on the street." Before Hao Wenming could speak, I took the lead and said, "Sun, why do you talk so much nonsense?

I was in no mood to make fun of him and turned to Hao Wenming and said, "Director Hao, may I ask you a question?"Hao Wenming vomited a smoke ring to say: "ask, I not certain say."

"Sun Desheng and I are the first to report today, right?""Huh?Is that a question?"Hao Wenming tilted his head and looked at me. "You don't have to ask me about this. You have to ask yourselves."

"I also know it's not called a question. The question is: Why do sun and I have pictures of us on these credentials when we first came here?And the photo is not pasted on, it is printed with laser, and then scanned into the certificate.It takes some time to print so many photos. It can't be done in a short time."

Different from what I expected, Hao Wenming listened to my words and did not act in surprise. He said, "You'd better ask Director Gao about this question. He prepared these Id CARDS."

 

1