Prologue
506 9 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
PROLOGUE

The crisp autumn air smells of blood and metal.

It stinks of fear.

You're not sure if it's you—sweating and shivering as you hide in the leaves of the trees—or the group of fighters below. Well, fighters is a generous word to describe them. Maybe hunters and prey would be more apt.

Three men stand menacingly over a small cowering child. On their backs are embroidered a red and white insignia—you think it's supposed to symbolize a fan. They all have gleaming back hair and a natural pallor to their skin, and they're armed to the teeth.

Shinobi, your mind hisses, and your lips pull up in an instinctive sneer. Uchiha.

The child—so, so small, his sword is bigger than him—has the most peculiar hair—split in the middle with one tree-bark brown side and one side as white as snow. You can't see the men's faces from this angle, but you can see his, and your heart breaks a little. He looks so afraid…so young. You're barely a few years older than he, but the difference in age between you feels insurmountable for a moment.

He's going to die and there's nothing you can do about. Or is there?

You don't have much time to decide.

Will you help the child? Can you afford to reveal yourself to the clans?

There might be a chance for you to save the child. It all depends on who you are, on what you are. Do you have the skills to even attempt this daring rescue?

Who are you?

Age: 12 years old.

Gender:
[]Male [bisexual]
[]Female [straight]

Occupation:
[]Shinobi: Genin-level
[]Noble: Heir
[]Civilian: Apprentice

  • Farmer
  • Merchant
  • [Insert occupation of choice]

Fire Country clan affiliation (only applicable for civilian and shinobi):

  • No clan (noble/civilian)
  • Uchiha
  • Uzumaki
  • Senju
  • Inuzuka
  • Aburame
  • Yamanaka
  • Hyuuga
  • Akimichi
  • Hatake
  • Nara
  • Small clan:
    • Shiranui
    • Yuhi
    • ...

Are you an:
[]OC (YOLO)
[]SI (isekai/transmigration/reborn)

Next time:

  • Full character template
  • Stats will be unlocked
  • To save or not to save?
6