Chapter 5- Names are difficult
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next morning there was a heavy atmosphere...

Mother bear told me her name is "Linda" and asked for my name...
"Joseph, Peter, Ed Sheeran, Will Smith.....so what name do you think is the best, little bear"

Asking for little bears opinion for a decent name I spoke a few names and asked her to pick one.

Due to amnesia, I don't remember my name or anything about myself.

Little bear was intensely looking at names and after some time looked at me and shook her head.
"Growl" ( There aren't any catchy names in the list, think some more)

"GROWL" (You don't have to do that, just take your time and regain your memory)

Mother bear Linda said so while looking at me with concerned eyes.

"No names are crucial to introduce yourself, and just in case If I don't get my memory back I can't remain nameless forever"

So after thinking for a lot of time we (me and little bear) decided on a name.

" Peter Joseph Will Sheeran..."
"Growl" (mhm this one sounds interesting)
Saying that Little bear made a victory pose

*Smack*
Like hell, it sounds interesting...

Linda looked away while laughing hard...

These bears really get on my nerves...

"Adam"
That's the name I decided in the end.

Little bear looked sad because it wasn't a catchy name as she hoped for.
While the word “Adam” means “man,” the root of the name, Adama in Hebrew, means “earth.”
According to myth, The Lord planted a garden in Eden, with “every tree that is pleasant for the sight and good for food,” and in this garden “he put the man whom he had formed” so that Adam could dwell there and find nourishment.
I was looking forward to sharing the same name as him.

"GROWL GROWL" (Thank you for helping me and my child Adam. I'll be forever in your debt.)
Saying that Linda bent her knees and lowered her head.

I hurriedly stopped her
"Hey, you don't have to do that... I already consider you guys a family now so you really don't have to do that"

Tears were flowing from Linda's eyes...
I looked at Little bear and she was looking at me with anticipation of a catchy name for herself.

I looked away... since the little bear is such a cute name...

"Anyways what is the name of this little brat"
I asked Linda name of the little bear who is giving me a cold look.
Now that I realise I could have asked her directly but having a conversation with a polar bear-like animal feels strange so it didn't occur to me.

After looking at her kid
"GROWL" (Give her a good name)
Saying that she went to get some rest and regain her energy.

"Little bear let's go to river"
I ignored her killing intent and started moving towards the river.

"It's already late and we need to hunt in order to eat so we cannot waste a lot of time trying to pick a decent name for you"
That's the excuse I used to calm her down.

She is dissatisfied but quietly sat on my head until we reached the river.

Sitting near the river I was looking at the red bead that I got from one of the rabbits.
"I should have asked Linda about this..."

Little bear was busy taking out her anger on fishes.

I knew that this bead is not poisonous from my instincts but I have no clue what it does.
I tried biting it...
"It's hard"

The little bear threw a fish at me and I accidentally swallowed the bead while falling on my back.

I got up, struggling to puke out the bead but then the bead starts melting inside my stomach and strengthening my bones and muscles.
"I can feel the power circulating inside me, this is great!"

*Smack*
I approached behind the little bear and gave a good smack on her head.
I was angry because I  could have died if something went wrong.

"Groooowllll" (Ouchii why did you do that you meanieee!!!)
She said that while rubbing her head.

Afterwards, we hunted 8 horned rabbits until it was almost evening.
We also found 1 rabbit caught on the trap so it makes a total of 9 bunnies.

The little bear was about to pick the fruit that I laid as a trap but I clenched my fist tight.
I was ready to smack her before she could touch it.
She sensed me approaching and froze for a moment and then ran and climbed on top of my head.
She sure is getting smart.

"Today we will have a feast"
After saying that I began moving towards the cave.

I cut the fur carefully and skinned the rabbits using the knife I made from stone.

While rabbits were getting roasted I washed and dried their fur so that I can use them o fix my torn clothes.

When I came here I only had a T-shirt, a lower and pair of shoes on me.

Out of 9 rabbits, only one gave me the bead which I put in my pocket.
Chances to find a bead is low but it's better than nothing.

We went to the cave and had a feast.
"growll!" (YAY lot of meat! I really love Adams cooking!)
"GROWL" (You spoke my mind)

Both Linda and Little bear were happy to be able to eat a lot of meat.

Well, the meat had a really juicy texture, it tastes good even without using any spices but still, I wish I at least had some salt.

When others slept I swallowed the bead and took the meditation pose to absorb the energy from bead.

I opened my eyes and was little sweaty.
A single bead gives me 10% speed boost.

"This feels like a cheat, I can get strong just by absorbing the beads."

1