Chapter 8: Sacrifice
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"ROAR" (Your husband died a dogs death trying to protect you)

"GROOOOOWL" ( Don't talk about him with your dirty mouth!)
She made a battle cry and charged towards him.
He kept provoking Linda and she madly kept charging at him only to get smashed on the ground again and again.

"ROAR*" (I ate his core and that granted me immunity towards your wind magic)

Tears kept rolling from her face knowing that it's a completely one-sided battle but she could not let him insult her husband who died trying to protect his family.

"ROAR" (HAHAHA That idiot believed me when I said "I'll spare them in exchange for your life")

*Swish*
The spear landed above his eyes.

" ROAR" (WHO DARES!!?)
The beast removed the spear.
Blood flowed from the wound and was pouring in his eyes making it unable to see from it.

"HEY YOU UGLY MUTT, COME AND GET ME. "
While provoking I ran in the jungle.

Looking closely the beast is easily above four-meter tall, two small horns on the side whereas a big horn on the centre of the forehead.
He discharges the electric current from the longhorn.

"ROAR!' ( YOU! A mere human trying to provoke me!)

*Smash!*
After smashing Linda towards the wall he started chasing after me.

My body wasn't in best condition but I can't outrun him even if it was.

I had already memorised the paths in the past few days.

The only reason I could barely keep my distance from him was because of the trees hindering his movement.

*CRASH*
Trees burned where the thunder hit and they well down when got hit by the claws.

He could not aim accurately as one of his eyes is blocked due to blood from the wound but still a single mistake will cost me my life as every single strike has deadly damage.

*BOOM*
Thunder hit the tree in front of me and the impact made me fall on the ground.

I got up and started running again. Scratches are all over my body because of the sharp branches and thorny plants but I kept running ignoring the pain.
Finally, I slowed my pace and saw the beast closing on me.

As soon as it got close his legs got entangled in a trap I had made and sharp wooden arrows flew towards him.

*Boom*
Thunder burned everything before it could hit him.

Already expecting the outcome, I ran into an open field.

The beast after catching up to me made a long jump and landed in front of me.

" ROWR" ( despicable human! Your tricks won't work on me anymore)

Since this guy knows that I'm a human means he has met my kind but I don't think he will kindly share information over a cup of tea.

I looked up at the sky while tightly grabbing the hatchets.
Rain pouring on my face, I blankly smiled towards the beast.

*SWOSH*
I threw the hatchets towards the beast.
He dodged the first one and blew the second one with his thunder.

"ROWR" (Hah,  in the end, this is all you could--)

*BUMP*
"You talk too much"
I tackled him with all the power that I got from the boar bead which was able to shift him a few inches since he wasn't on guard.

"ROAR" (IT'S FUTILE --)

*THUD*
And with that, the ground beneath our feet collapsed and I could see the sharp spears at the bottom waiting for us.

Time was moving slower than usual while we were falling down. 

"ROAR!" (HOW COULD. IT BE... BY A LOWLY HUMA. N...!)
I could see the fear on his face so I was happy and with that, I closed my eyes.

0