The Arangement
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Open on a farmhouse's large living room. A fox kit and a bunny kit have fallen asleep next to each other after playing tag all day. The two had been friends for as long as either could remember. Most of the lights in the farm house are out save for those in this room and the den where the kit's fathers are discussing business and the kitchen where their mothers are cleaning up the dinner mess.

 

"I believe that if you allow me to sell your produce in my shop back in Zootopia we could both turn a profit," the adult Tod remarked with a slight smirk.

 

"I already told you that out families farm is doing just fine," the buck shouted in response, "the day I trust a fox is the day I stop breathing!"

 

The lights flickered as if the generator was saying' if that were true I wouldn't be in use'.

 

"Now Mister Hopps there is no need to get so angry. I'm merely trying to give your farm the opportunity to grow into something richer. Believe me if I had any other choice than to team up with a lesser species like yourself I'd have taken it, however your farm is the only one with the potential to make the money we both need."

 

"I would never go into business with a fox and I won't be duped into some con. All mammals know that you can't trust a fox to be honest about anything," Stu Hopps stated while glaring hatefully at the Tod.

 

"Fine then, bunny if you won't stop the racial slurs, I won't hold back either. You're a stupid narrow-minded fool. I've given you a good deal. All you have to do is take it!" James Wilde shouted finally having reached his boiling point.

 

"What's all this shouting about? The children are all asleep!" Bonnie Hopps hissed across the room from the hallway as she and Vivian Wilde, James' wife, entered the den. "Are you still arguing about your differences so much you can't come to agreement?"

 

"I made a very generous offer and this carrot muncher you call a husband won't listen to it!" James declared while staring daggers at the stubborn rabbit.

 

"This pelt is asking too much of us, Bon. I don't know what to do but I'll never trust a fox!" Stu said balling up his fists.

 

"Stubborn jackasses. Bonnie and I have looked over the agreement. We have an idea so that we can all trust each other and merge both our businesses and our families as well." Mrs. Wilde said talking over the angry males in the room.

 

"I think she is correct in that." Mrs. Hopps said grinning at her new friend. " Our kits shall be the merger. When they graduate from college they will marry. There are a few rules to go with this of course. They are never to be told for one. For two should either of them find love before that point and marry them, we don't stop it and the deal is moot. We will all act as though the deal is accepted and split the profits down the middle. Agreed?" She said glaring at the two of them as though begging them to challenge the idea of the two females.

 

The males glanced at each other and gulped at the look their respective wives were giving them. They shook paws sealing the deal mostly to avoid the wrath of their females. They signed the new deal and the kits were separated as the Wilde's left for Zootopia. Whatever the future holds is unclear, but for now at least the two families would prosper. Bunnies and foxes may never even see eye to eye, but the future should be interesting.

1