Prologue Part 2: The Absolute Rulers
16 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue part 2: The Absolute Rulers

 

The air looked thick around the magnificently decorated room. It was as if the time had stopped and become still. Even though there were five beings sitting around a beautifully carved, lavishly designed wooden round table, not a soul made a sound. The room wasn’t worthy of its name ‘room’, it was more of a hall, a gigantic chandelier dangled in the centre, the snow white walls were dazzling with lights, pillars big and strong. The furniture was exquisite and bore heavenly designs – in one word – simply majestic. Why wouldn’t it be? After all this place was heaven.

But the silence extended. Nobody looked at anybody. Each of them had their eyes closed, deep in contemplation. To an onlooker, it might seem like they were deep in meditation. That guess could be said to be close to reality but not quite so. The silence was eerie; tension only kept building.

 The five beings that were present were the Absolute Rulers of the Universe –Shane, Hashim, Malici, Grimm and Ceil.

They all wore grim expression in their holy faces, which didn't quite suit their stature after all they were an almighty being. But the matter at hand was extremely unpleasant and they were bound by the Laws of the Universe.

The reason was an Anomaly in the system. An anomaly brought upon by a certain spirit.

'Couldn't you lead a group from your clan to subjugate that unholy spirit?'

The one who spoke was a beautiful maiden, with platinum hair falling down her shoulders that seemed to cross her hip. Her body glowed in an aura of metallic silver that almost matched the colour of her hair. She was adorned with a white, satin robe and a black belt supporting it. Everything about her seemed to display peace, class, and elegance. And she spoke with authority. She was Malici, the Absolute Ruler of Life

The question was directed towards a crimson-haired guy who was seated across her. He had his hands folded and eyes closed, deep in contemplation, a deep crimson aura surrounding him. He was wearing a black robe with a red belt holding it in place. His robe was half-sleeved, thus, highlighting his muscular biceps. He was Hashim the Absolute Ruler of Chaos and clearly he was ignoring the question directed at him.

'Hey, care to answer?' Malici asked annoyed. Hashim still kept his eyes shut.

'Geez, and you call yourself an Absolute Ruler?' Malici provoked.

'Hey now, no need to provoke,' Hashim said, narrowing his brows, his crimson eyes wide open, staring at Malici, 'And besides,' he continued, 'I can never do something like that? Whatever he has done, he is still my child?'

'Ugh! Your child has created an Anomaly; you get how serious this is right?'

'Don't you think I know? But it's against the Universal Law to subjugate the existence created from our fragment,'

The room fell silent again. This Anomaly was something that they had never expected to occur. The system and time never change, it goes on and on till eternity forever. But a flaw had occurred in the system, and that flaw was so unexpected that it dumbfounded the rulers.

'Isn't that child here, what was her name, ah, Will of Vendor, Vendorim?'

A girl with violet ponytailed hair spoke. She had a sweet voice and wore a dark purple robe with a blue belt holding it. She had a deep purple aura protruding from her. Although her body was that of a child, she was actually much, much older. She was Ciel the Absolute Ruler of Chance and Randomness.

'Yes, we have asked her to wait outside, that child is obviously troubled,' Malici spoke.

'Hm, but she did present an interesting suggestion,' Ceil said, curling her purple hair with her index finger.

'But a lot of it depends on you Ceil; will you be able to guarantee its success?' Hashim asked, turning to face her.

'No, unfortunately, I can't guarantee it, there's a 4 percent chance of success at best,'

'Then there's no point in discussing, we have to come out with a new plan to deal with this situation,'

Silence ruled again. The building tension could be felt by the angels who were present there in the room. They were standing silently; attending to the Rulers if they happened to need anything.

'Although we cannot be sure, we can give it a try, anyway he won't stop, will he? If the conditions are not met, he will not even think once before destroying the Anomaly,'

The one who spoke this time with a heavy voice was a middle-aged man, covered in a dark, black aura. He looked grim and gave off a vibe of despair. He wore a complete black robe that matched the color of his hair. He was Grimm the Absolute ruler of Death. The 'he' that Grimm referred to was Yeham, Supreme Ruler, and overseer of Time. Yeham, was above all five of them and not a single one of them could oppose him.

'That is true,'

A handsome boy with an angelic voice agreed with Grimm. This boy with, out of the world beauty was covered in Golden aura and had a golden shiny ring above his head, a halo. He wore a golden robe that complimented his beauty and youthfulness. He was Shane the Absolute ruler of Law. Despite his appearance, he held high authority among the Absolute Rulers and was older than all of them. He was the King and ruler of Heaven, in other words, humans called onto him and worshipped him as God.

'But we can't all just sit here and do nothing, can we?' Shane said so very calmly.

'But the success of this is not guaranteed and besides you will lose your soul and will if this fails, Shane,' Malici gave a worried look.

'I know but we have to save those troubled children and we being the Absolute Rulers can't just have our hands tied and watch them suffer like that can we?'

Shane was always like this, the embodiment of righteousness. Even if he had to sacrifice himself to save the children he loved and cared he would do so without thinking even once. But it didn't mean that the desire to protect was his weakness. He had a strong sense of justice. For him, what's wrong is wrong and what's right is right. There is no middle ground in it. But before judging he at least always tried to understand the core reasons behind everything. No one understood the Divine knowledge better than Shane did, that was why he was their leader and the overseer of the Law of the Universe.

'We understand, but still, caution should be implemented,' Grimm spoke.

'I agree, if you lost your soul, you know the consequence don't you Shane?' Hashim said.

They all had a worried expression on their faces.

'I know,' Shane said, ‘honestly you guys worry too much,’ then turning towards Ceil, he asked, 'Ceil, I know it's tremendous pressure on you but I believe that you can do it, so please I request you to help me out,'

Ceil sighed. She knew it would come to this. After all Shane was a being who could not bear suffering and pain. That concept was very alien to Shane. But it also was his good nature.

'Alright, I'll try my best but don't blame me if it fails,' she gave in.

'Thank you, I'll be in your care then,' Shane smiled. That angelic sweet smile was enough to calm each of their will and soul. As Absolute Rulers they felt no fear, in fact, it had been a very long time since they had felt anxiety or fear. They believed in themselves and their will, they had the utmost trust in their companionship, thus they never had to fear anything. Any anomaly or problem that surfaced would be dealt with effectively and efficiently, no questions asked, after all, it was their duty as the Absolute Rulers.

'Now then, shall we call that child Vendorim?' There were no objections from anyone. They had decided to follow along Shane's plan.

'Raphael, can you call the Child, please?' Shane requested an angelic figure standing beside him. His beauty did not compare to Shane's but he still was beautiful, with white wings coming out of his back.

'Yes, master,' Raphael gave a nod and disappeared in thin air.

It had not even been a second before he had vanished that he came back with a thin looking girl with orange hair, she had no legs, instead, she had cloud-like smoke coming out from her body that allowed her to float from the ground and move. She had green colored eyes and an expressionless face.

'My lords, this unworthy Will is blessed to be in the presence of beings such as yourself, I am grateful,' She bowed deeply to the beings that stood in front of her; surprisingly her voice reflected her honest feelings that her face had failed to convey.

'Rise Child, for we, The Absolute Rulers of the Universe have accepted your request, you can now go in peace,' Shane said in his majestic voice that echoed around the hall.

Vendorim had been waiting earnestly to hear those words. The Absolute Beings were her superiors and it was her very last hope to make things right. So, it was no surprise that she was very, very pleased to hear those words.

'I'm grateful my Lords, thank you, thank you all very, very much!' with a blank expression, Vendorim's voice reflected her excitement. She was honestly relieved. With that, she was guided out by Raphael to her dwelling.

Inside the hall, all absolute beings face lit up, thinking about the uncertain future that was yet to come. Even they, who possessed Divine Knowledge could not predict the outcome. For this anomaly was such, that had never been seen before. After a long time, nearly an eternity, this opportunity had presented itself.

At that time, they were unaware that this meeting had marked the start of a devastating war that had yet to come.

 

Hello! Author here,

First of all, if you are reading this note then thank you for continuing to read it till now and congratulations on making it this far! I hope the story is tickling your curiosity! Don't worry the story ahead will get more exciting and of course more compelling. Please do tell me how you feel about the story for nothing will make me happier than reading your opinions and thoughts. I will be updating the glossary very soon, so please look forward to it too! The chapters would be updated daily if otherwise announced or noticed. Again thank you for reading and please do continue to support me!

2