Prologue – Judgement
213 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All across the world the denizens of Earth were living their usual daily lives in the fashion they saw fit, some in ways that would help and heal, but more often than not in ways that might make those of any moral character feel sick.

In Mumbai, India, an elderly man was run over by an unlicensed truck thief, stealing a shipment of electronics to sell on ebay, his body sheared in two and his awareness of the pain and his death as he watches his insides spill onto the road as other drivers continue past and onlookers watch in morbid fascination.

In Chengdu, China, a disgruntled self-styled revolutionary was midway through a killing spree at another school for young children, because he was unable to have any of his own due to the one child rule and lack of female population.

In Shropshire, England, a woman was masked and livestreaming herself stepping on kittens wearing high heels for anonymous donations online, so she can afford bigger breasts.

In Columbia, America, a man was having a farewell party, engaging in the most depraved acts he had always fantasized about to his own three daughters before ending his life and theirs because his 'bitch of a wife' didn't want to put up with him anymore.

In Cape Town, South Africa, a self-proclaimed native was torturing and taunting a white 'invader' as she released her final breaths, whilst her two young children waited at home with no parent and waiting to surprise her with their high scores from their latest tests.

The Earth continues and the evil of man pervades it, something finally snapped.

A greater being, by some definitions, unknown perhaps by all or perhaps the knowledge of which is buried within all of Mankind, had finally given up hope on it's creation.

'These creatures, they were made to be so much more and the profane consistently outweighs the positive aspects. My attempts to give them rules by which to bring about their potential made almost no difference and instead became part of the rationale behind their evil.'

After what may have been a moment or an eternity in this timeless space, the Being ponders upon how to handle this mistake, to take trash and turn it into gold.

'I think the time has come to consider this a wasted effort, though perhaps I can reclaim some losses with this.'

The Being willed what was about to happen and thus it did, with a little unintended chaos thrown in.

In the future when those who survive look back, today would become known as Judgement Day, Day Zero and the Day of Ascension. To others it became known as something else entirely and to the great Being within its privileged space the day became known as an irreconcilable mistake.

 

Finally decided to write the story I wanted to read. This will probably be disturbing and it will attempt to portray a realistic 'apocalypse' wherein people obtain powers and abuse them, a look at the darker side of things. Don't get your hopes up on lots of releases I don't intend to keep a schedule right now, this is just to see if anyone else is interested in it. I'll start light with lighter chapters but I hope to release larger chapters going forwards. Enjoy.

12