Chapter 2 – Nutricious, Delicious!
173 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'This feels fuckin' weird.'

Ethan had awoken from his black out, entirely changed into something non-Human. The feeling of his body was beyond strange and he was passing waves of nausea that threatened to make him vomit as he tried to get accustomed to the new sensations in his new body.

Gradually after a few minutes of dry retching and nothing coming out, the nausea began to pass and Ethan's attention was directed towards the feeling of heat on his back and the iron smell of blood mixed with the smell of excrement, with undertone scents of dirty fish tank water.

'Ugh, the smell and why is my back hot?'

Looking around Ethan noticed it was day time and his apartment, though dim, was lit enough to where he could see everything except the darkest corners of his kitchenette- the first thing Ethan saw to his left was the fish tank his last girlfriend had left behind with her Goldfish Frank because it was too much effort to carry out, was smashed and Frank was only discernible as a slightly more orange mush in the small circular field of gore surrounding Ethan's now Mushroom shaped body.

To his right, Ethan saw that his computer was off, the clock above it had also stopped but Ethan didn't notice this because the clock was mere furniture in his mind.

'My arms and legs feel strange, it's so.. different but, strangely my whole body feels incredibly comfortable, everything just feels right in a way that before everything felt wrong.'

Ethan, now acclimatised to the sensations of his form tried to move, it was not trying to move like one would move their arms or their legs as Ethan no longer had those, instead it was like having thousands of legs that were also arms and felt numb as if they were injected with some surgical anesthetic, he knew they were there and he could 'feel' that they connected to him however he couldn't feel what they could feel as the sensations were dull at best, it was akin to the difference between feeling with your fingertip versus feeling with your shoulder. 

Ethan could feel that his new limbs were touching things but not what those things were and there was also something else now that he was paying closer attention, a new sensation he had never felt before, there was a feeling of movement inside of his limbs like a thick gloop was moving towards him from the tips of his toes towards his torso Ethan followed the flow of this gloopy liquid and felt it as it began to spread throughout his whole body, he realised this felt quite nice, like an ever so slightly refreshing wave of energy.

'Mmm, that feels nice.'

Attempting to follow one of the flows with his eyes, he noticed a protruding root leading from the front of his main body into the gore mound he was in the center of.

'No.. no way.. Don't tell me that's what I'm feeling going inside me...And I have roots now?!'

Horrified Ethan began to dry retch again but after two or three tries nothing happened except making Ethan feel silly for forgetting it didn't work the first time around.

'I have roots. At least I think those are roots. If they're roots then does that mean I'm a plant now? But plants don't think, or see or hear, right? I can retch and breathe, wait, plants breathe too so that's not too strange, I wish I had a mirror.'

Looking back to his left he noticed smaller, finer roots leading towards Frank and as his mind turned towards Frank, he tried to move the roots closer towards Frank's paste-like corpse, Ethan wasn't sure how or why he was able to move his roots as slow as they were but he could feel them moving even though it didn't look like it, putting all of his concentration towards moving the roots, they slowly inched closer and Ethan was in his own little world until he was broken out of his focus by screaming from outside his open window, it wasn't just one person screaming either, it sounded like tens of them.

"..lp!..Kyaaaaa!"

"Run!"

The screaming went from terror to agony within seconds.

"..Y..Ot..Enny! No!"

"Aaaaaaaaagggggghhhh!"

"ROAR!"

In between the screams there were the sounds of roaring, sounding like a strange mix between a Lion and an Eagle.

Ethan felt his pulse quicken though it wasn't quite his pulse it was actually the transfer of nutrients within his body speeding up but it felt similar.

'What the fuck is going on out there?!'

The screams and roars mixed together and Ethan was able to paint a picture in his mind that whatever was out there, it was killing people.

The screaming stopped after going further away with the roars chasing after and ending them one at a time, in the distance there were sounds of glass being smashed.

'I fucking hope it stays out there and it's too big to come indoors, please God, please don't let it be small enough to get inside.' 

Subconsciously even though his focus and attention was taken away from trying to move his roots, the roots continued to move anyway and Ethan's attention was taken away from the screaming at the jolting sensation of touch from the end of his root.

'Wait, why did I feel that touch but not the roots around me? Is it because I'm not paying attention to the other ones?'

As he thought this, Ethan felt a sudden influx of sensation from everything around him and the resulting whole body orgasm from sensational overload is something he will never tell anyone, he immediately regretted whatever it was he'd done and it stopped, it felt so good it was painful.

'Holy fuck stop please stop! It's too good!'

Breathing heavily and panting, Ethan recovered from his few minutes of post-pleasure/pain ecstacy and just sat in the afterglow.

'Holy fuck. Whatever that was, I never want it again. That sort of thing will turn me into an unabashed pervert like one of those guys who sits indoors jerking all day trying to beat their own record. Note to self, never try to feel everything at once. I guess I can understand why the monkeys in that experiment kept hitting the orgasm button until they died though, shit.'

Gathering himself, once again he looked over to the fine roots that were several times as thick as a human hair leading towards a tapered end he felt the sensation of touch upon Frank's dry and flattened cadaver.

'So those roots are mine, plants get nutrition from their roots so I guess I just push them inside and they'll suck out the good stuff?'

As he thought about this he willed his roots to enter the dead goldfish and they did so, though incredibly slowly it probably took a minute or two to move an inch. Due to his focus on the roots he felt the remaining liquids inside get sucked in through his numerous tiny roots.

'Aah, that's it, it's almost the same but different.. it.. it tastes different, but it's not taste it's more like a feeling, it's not like I've anything I've had before, it's like if Coca Coma and a McRonald's Big Mac were mixed together and then it became a feeling not a taste, but I don't hate it and the way it gloops through my roots feels great, like when you get into a hot tub and your muscles relax.'

*DING*

Ethan was broken out of his comfort, despite the background ambient noises of movement from elsewhere in his apartment and the sounds of things smashing in the buildings around his coming in from his window by the sound of an old fashioned cash register drawer opening, followed by a blue screen taking up the center of his vision and moving with his eyes no matter where they looked.

"Congratulations User:Ethan Stokes, ID:#69448129."

"Your status menu has now been unlocked. Think 'status open' to view your user profile, beware this will make your body unconscious."

For a few moments Ethan read the message, then read it again, after reading it three times he wanted it to go away and it did.

'Status menu.. this is like a game or a novel, don't tell me this shit is really happening..'

'status open'

Immediately Ethan was knocked unconscious and his mind went back into the endless darkness he was in before during his transformation.

The screen was already here this time and the shapes on the edges had spread out as if they'd grown, looking at them for too long brought discomfort followed by eye pain, a headache and nausea.

'I've got to stop looking at the edges, the shapes, at least I think they're shapes, are so different from what I know I can't help but glance at it and try to figure out how they can exist.'

Averting his gaze from the edges towards the center of the screen, he saw the word Status at the top, followed by a list of information regarding himself.

First time user notice: 10 is the average stat for pre-Judgement Humans. For information regarding status elements, think about wanting to know additional information.

Name: Ethan Stokes

Level: 0

Age: 0 (27)

Race: Human/Spore Lord/?????? (LOCKED)

Class: Fungal Warlock (Mixed Bloodline) (LOCKED)

Stats:

Strength: 1

Endurance: 4

Dexterity: 2

Agility: N/A (LOCKED)

Intelligence: 13

Wisdom: 10

Willpower: 7

Charm: 3

Free points: 0

Racial Abilities:

[Root Network, 0]

[Root Manipulation, 0]

[Create Spores, 0]

[Photosynthesis, 0]

Abilities: None

 

'What the hell. This is literally like a game. God damn I feel so excited, what if I can become some ultimate God level entity and take over everything and I can- hold on, I need to keep calm. I need to examine this status page in depth, get a grasp of my abilities and then after that maybe I can plot for world domination.'

Ethan stayed in the darkness examining his status menu one element at a time, he decided he was going to use help on the parts he was concerned about.

'Help Race.'

The screen changed and the top now said "Racial Information, please choose a component."

The listed options available were, Race, Human, Spore Lord, ?????? and LOCKED.

'Race.'

The screen changed once again with additional information.

Every creature has a race or rather a species, but due to the flexibility of the system, all creatures are capable of procreating and mixing. Life finds a way.

'Uh okay.. That last bit seems familiar from somewhere but I can't place it. Go back.'

As he thought this he went back a page and the race options were listed again.

'Human'

Humans are the original inhabitants of Earth-7X3, created in the year XXXXXXXX by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for the purpose of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and XXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX they were given time and resources to grow and meet their potential. Unfortunately XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX became increasingly disappointed at their consistent failure and decided to [Further information has been purged from the system.]

'Uh, okay, so God is real then I guess. At least I can kind of assume free will exists, since we weren't just riding on the rails he/it wanted us to ride on, probably.'

'Go back, Spore Lord.'

Spore Lords are a non-created, evolved sapient race, viewed by almost all sapient races as a blight or a resource for their highly infectious and cataclysm ranked abilities that allow them to conquer their surroundings. A Spore Lord, if given time to grow, can become an unparalleled existence upon most worlds and are often found to be arrogant, conceited and hold a drive to dominate the minds of lesser organisms. The true terror of a Spore Lord is their ability to adapt to their surroundings and return from death.

'Wow. So I'm like some godlike Juggernaut? That's pretty sick. I don't think I'm arrogant or conceited, but I must admit the idea of mind controlling people is stirring something inside me.'

'Go back, ??????'

??????@$#%#!|"!#?><":"{}{_)(#*%!#_(#!%o{":l>..

WARNING; INFORMATION CORRUPTION; UNIDENTIFIED SOURCE;

WARNING; INFORMATION CORRUPTION; UNIDENTIFIED SOURCE;

WARNING; INFORMATION CORRUPTION; UNIDENTIFIED SOURCE;

WARNING; INFORMATION CORRUPTION; UNIDENTIFIED SOURCE;

The warning continued on for some time and despite scrolling the window downwards, the little bar on the side didn't get any further down.

'Uh, okay, so I'm literally broken somehow, that's fucking great. Either this is going to be some fucked up bug that gets me killed (I pray to Jesus that my Spore Lord race can stop me dying) or it's going to end up being a cheat or a hack and I'm going to become super strong, usually in the novels that means I can fight God or something, oh shit what if he can read minds and he tries to off me before I get too strong, think about planes, think about planes, think about planes.'

'Go back, LOCKED.'

Your race is locked due to your bloodline inheritance class (Fungal Warlock (Mixed Bloodline)) and thus cannot be changed without your class being changed first.

'So I can't change my race? I guess that's not a problem for now, I won't know until later if this is good or bad.'

'Go back, go back.'

The status page was back on the screen displaying the same information as before, this time without the first time user notice.

'I feel bad for anyone who misses that notice the first time, it's going to be like playing blindfolded.'

I'm sorry, I don't know how to format a litRPG table, hehe. Not something I thought about before writing and the formatting here doesn't allow tabs to be used for formatting and lining up stuff. Just gonna have to bear with it how it is, I'll try to keep the number of times he views the status page to a minimum after the next chapter since there's not much he can do after he's gone through all the elements using the help. Enjoy.

2