Answers?
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nathan comes from around a corner pointing a pistol at Stan. Stan puts his hands up. “ What are you gonna do shoot me? Think that’ll stop me? Tell me where your wife went?” Stan asks angrily. “She’s not my wife anymore, and you're that famous Hunter that was supposed to kill her. Why should I tell you?” Nathan responds coldly.

Stan puts his hands down and grabs a plant off an end table.

“Cause if I really wanted to kill you or her, me and you both know I can. That little pistol of yours ain't stopping shit. Just like your guards out there were useless to stop me.” Stan states.

Stan throws the plant at Nathan. Nathan fires a shot but the plant hits his hand and he misses. Stan rushes over and grabs Nathan.

“Don’t make this uglier than it needs to be.” Stan says to Nathan. Nathan walks away and sits on a nearby chair. “Look, all I know is she was heading to Alaska.” He says to Stan. “Why?” he asks. “In her words “People don’t look for you there. Even before the war.” Nathan responds. “When did you last see her?” Stan questions. “Maybe a week ago or so.” He replies. “Any idea how she would have got there?” Stan asks.’ “Smugglers, she was gonna pay some guy a lot of money to smuggle her and her daughter there.” He says. “And I’m guessing you don’t know who this person is?” Stan asks impatiently. “What more do you want from me?” Nathan responds tiredly. Stan grabs him by the collar. “ANSWERS!!! My wife was killed and your wife has something to do with all this, so I need to know everything. Or I can start taking my grief out on you.” Stan responds angrily. “Shit look I’m sorry. She downloaded a bunch of files off my computer and was talking to someone about using what she found to expose the G.B.P.” Nathan responds sympathetically. “Expose them of what?” Stan inquires. “I can’t tell you.” Nathan tells him. “WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN’T TELL ME? Stan yells.

“What, you think I’m here hiding from you? They found out it was me she stole the files from. They asked me to take care of it, but I couldn’t just kill her. I tried to convince her to give up on exposing them, I even tried to find her a safe place to hide. But she was dead set on telling the world, and nothing would change her mind. Then one day we got the letter that she and her daughter were to be hunted. I used my connections within the G.B.P. to find out that it would be you. She decided then that she would try and leave. Like I said, I saw her the last time about a week ago.” Nathan pleads.

Stan lets Nathan go and starts to walk away. “I’m sorry about your wife, man.” Nathan says to Stan. “Yeah me too.” Stan responds. Stan makes his way back downstairs to Quiet and Dariüse. “Soooo……?” Dariuse asks. “We head for Alaska. We find the women, we find out what’s going on.” Stan states. “So we are stealing another car?” Quiet inquires. “I guess so.” Stan responds. When they leave, they look for a car dealership. “So what are we doing here?” Dariuse questions. “Stealing a car. It's a thing me and him used to do.” Stan says matter of factly. “Ok…… I guess this should be interesting. Dariüse says. Stan and Dariüse enter the car dealership, while Quiet walks around the lot looking at the cars.

 “WOO yeah this what I'm talking about, this is what I'm talking about. YO I AIN’T ‘EVER SEEN CARS LIKE THESE BEFORE.” Stan yells to Dariüse. Stan hops in one of the cars, and begins to act like he is driving. A car dealer walks over to see what’s going on. “Sir you can't be in the vehicles.” One of the dealers tells Stan. “BUT DO THEM SPEAKERS BUMP THOUGH.” Dariüse yells back. The dealer walks over to Dariüse. Stan turns the radio on and begins blasting music. “AHHH THIS MY SHIT RIGHT HERE. AYE YO YOU COULDA GOT SOME ASS FROM THOSE TWINS IN THIS ONE RIGHT HERE!” Stan yells excitedly laughing. A Dealer walks over to Dariüse. “Is there anything I can help you gentlemen with today?” The dealer asks Dariüse “WHY YOU FRONTING YOU DON’T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS NIGGA?

Dariüse looks at the dealer. “Nah we chill just you know giving it the old look around. A nigga pockets feeling heavy tryna lighten up feel me.” Dariüse laughs. “Sir you can't play music in here either.” The dealer tells Stan. “WHAT?? YOU GONNA HAVE TO SPEAK UP THIS BITCH BUMPING.” Stan yells in response. “Sir could you turn the music off. Could you turn the music off please.” The dealer says more sternly. Stan turns the music up more and begins to dance in the car. “SIR YOu can't play music in here. Could you please turn the music off.” The dealer starts to get louder. “CAN YOU TURN THE MOTHER FUCKING MUSIC OFF PLEASE!!” Stan turns the music off in the middle of the dealer yelling. Quiet pulls around in front of the dealership in a car. “You didn't need to yell. All you gotta do is ask. Get way better results that way, plus we was leaving anyways.” Stan says to the dealer as he stands to leave. Dariüse and Stan leave laughing and hop in the car.

“I can’t believe you guys used to fuck with people like that.” Dariüse says as he laughs. “We did a lot of shit to get by, some of it more fun than others. If we stick to the back roads and small towns in Canada we should be able to avoid the G.B.P’s forces.” Stan says. “Is it really a smart choice to ride through the G.B.P’s base country of operations?” Dariüse inquires. “We honestly don’t have a choice and we should be fine as long as we avoid most people.” Stan reassures him. 

They drive for hours and hours until they reach a small town in Yukon just outside of Alaska. “Let’s find somewhere to sleep for the night.” Stan suggests. “Sounds good to me.” Dariüse says while yawning. They get a room in a motel above a small mom and pop shop and settle in for the night.

Stan startles awake to the sound of glass breaking downstairs. He looks around to see Quiet awake. Stan mouths the words “Break in”. Quiet shakes his head no. They begin to smell smoke. Then BOOM! CRASH!! The floor falls underneath them. Dariüse jumps awake and pulls out his Nodachi. “WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?!?” He yells startled. They are surrounded by fire and standing in front of them are two figures dressed in all black. They have all white masks on having just holes where the eyes should be. Stan and Quiet immediately start attacking them. Stan starts to notice whoever he is fighting is matching his moves pretty well. While Quiet is fighting his person Dariüse rushes them and they both jump and subdue him. Stan manages to get a hard punch in on the person he is fighting, breaking a piece of the mask. All Stan can make out is the person's eye. Jeff !?!? Stan thinks to himself, but before he can get a good look in, the person throws down a flash grenade. Everyone is blinded for a second. When they look around the person is gone. 

“Welp we got one of ‘em.” Dariüse says proudly. Dariüse picks the guy up and smiles. Stan looks over at them. “Yeah I guess we got one.” Stan says reluctantly. They drag him out to an abandoned cabin in the forest. “So you wanna tell us what you know or are we gonna have to do the whole whose balls are bigger thing?”. Stan says sternly. “Oh, Whatever do you mean?” The hunter jokes back. Quiet punches him in the mouth. The hunter laughs and spits out some blood. “I see you boys are a little impatient tonight. You know if you hurt the brain I might lose my memory.” The hunter says with a laugh. Stan stomps him in the nuts. The hunter cries out in pain. “Look, I don't have time for this. Why are you trying to kill me and who killed my wife?” Stan questions him angrily. The hunter laughs. “I guess being the greatest hunter don't take a Lotta brains do it.” The hunter teases. He goes on. “We have been following you since San Francisco idiot. You’re about to be the most wanted man in the world buddy.” He laughs. “I had already found the wife but she didn’t have what they were looking for. I tortured and raped that bitch for at least a week tryna figure out where the fuck that little girl is. And then I hear from some crazy hunter you're looking for her. He said he had been tracking you and that you could lead us to her.” Stan interrupts him angrily. "Ok so what does this have to do with my wife and what do you mean most wanted man in the world?”

            “Boy, you are in a hurry ain't ya. See that’s the kicker after you went to see Nathan, we killed him. HAHAHAHA!!!! OH OH And get this not only are people gonna think you did it, but the crazy guy I was with said he could make it seem like you did it cause he had evidence of you killing your wife. HAHAHAHAHA!!! You fucked with the wrong people man. If you find whatever the G.B.P’s looking for they are gonna bring everything down on your fucking head. Guess you should have just taken the hunt like a good little hunter does.” The hunter laughs maniacally. Stan grabs the hunter and starts beating him to death. Quiet and Dariüse watch, not really knowing what to do or say. -- End of Ninth issue???

1