Chapter Thirty-Two
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come on runt, time to wake up." Rah gave a toothy grin as Makina began to stir.

"Don't call me that. You're just too big," Makina murmured as she swatted away his hand, rolling to the side and slowly sitting up. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room, a look of confusion on her face. "Where… where am I?" She turned and looked up at Rah, her eyes going impossibly wide. "Rah? Rah!"

The diminutive Spirit Goddess launched herself into the waiting arms of her brother with enough force to knock the giant back a step. After a long embrace he easily hoisted her up and onto his shoulder, spinning himself around and around as Makina began to cry.

"Come, let us retrieve the others!" Rah boomed as Makina sobbed, beating her tiny fists against his head.

"You idiot!" Makina cried out. "You sent me away. I wanted to stay with you and you sent me away. You could have died! You're still weak, put me down!"

"Oh quit your worrying! I'm stronger than that!" Rah laughed as he made his way to the first pillar and leveled it with a single punch. Makina let out another wail as the Spirit inside was released. The blue-haired Goddess dropped to her knees, though a bright smile lit up her face as she lifted her eyes to look up at Rah and Makina.

"You know, until right at this moment… I did not actually believe all this Spirit God bullshit." Banksy said, eyes wide as Rah easily broke down the other two pillars even with the crying Makina perched on his shoulder, her arms weakly flailing against his great head.

"Tell me about it," Romeo said with a glazed over expression. His hand idly rubbed at his sore chest. "What even happened?"

"Bloodspell." Banksy offered numbly.

"Huh?"

"Bloodspell." Banksy repeated, pointing in Cross's vague direction. "Cross's blood still contained enough magic to break the spell that was keeping the Spirits contained, probably supplemented by Lexi's magic."

"So what happens now?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." Banksy said, watching as Makina was pulled off of Rah's shoulders and into the embrace of one of her sisters.

"Aria!" Makina sobbed into the elder Spirit Goddess chest, her tiny shoulders trembling.

"Oh my little Makina," Aria sighed, hugging her little sister tightly. Pulling back, Aria cupped the younger girls face in her hands. "You look older."

Makina let out noise that landed somewhere between a sniffle and a laugh. "I haven't even been gone a month."

xXx

"You're still bleeding." Lexi said, taking a moment to glance down at Cross, as she tried and failed not to gawk at the otherworldly reunion happening only feet from her.

"It’s fine." Cross replied softly, sitting up and staring at the happy siblings. One in particular caught his eye. She could have been Makina's twin, if not for the differences in age and height. Same long, silver hair. Same large, sky blue eyes. However there was something more to her, same as the others, something… otherworldly.

"Aria." He repeated softly before turning his eyes towards the giant who had nearly broken his back. "And Rah"

"That one must be Typhi, then. The Spirit of Water." Lexi said, lifting a slender finger and pointing at the willowy Spirit with stormy grey eyes. Her dark blue hair cascaded around her in thick waves. Beside her stood an olive-skinned beauty. With her high cheekbones and piecing green eyes she could easily pass as a noble in any Kingdom. "And that would make her Terreh, Spirit of the Earth."

"I can't believe this," Cross breathed, sitting back slightly. "How could this have even happened?"

"You're the one who knows the most, it would seem," Lexi said.

"I only know I am tired," Cross sighed, looking towards the door Banksy had locked. A few dents had appeared in the metal. "And that we should leave soon."

Lexi didn't answer as Rah suddenly let out a shout, silencing everyone in the room and causing the majority of the humans to flinch.

"I know we are all excited to be free, but we shall celebrate later, but for now… Now we have work to do!" The Fire Spirit bellowed, serious for a moment as he spread his arms wide. "This world has waited far too long. Or at least the humans have."

"I agree." Aria nodded as she copied his pose. Smiling, Typhi and Terreh did the same. Makina hesitated for a moment before joining the circle in front of Aria and holding her arms out wide.

"Let it be done!" Rah ordered, closing his eyes and taking in a deep breath. The temperature in the room suddenly increased as bright orange light began to stream from his body before stabilizing as Aria and Makina joined the fray, their white light crashing against Rah's. After a moment green and blue were added as Typhi and Terreh merged their power with the others.

An orb began to form between the Spirits as more and more of their energy flowed free. Bright lights of every color consolidated between them as the orb grew larger, the lights flashing brilliantly around the room.

The air began to whip and the ground shook as the Spirit's began to sing, a deep soulful melody. Their voices echoed off the thick, stone walls and grew to a rapid crescendo as the orb grew ever brighter. Shadows danced wildly under the bright arcs of light.

"Let that which was lost!" Rah bellowed as the song came to an end, clapping his hands together in time with the others. "Be returned!"

The world went silent.

So silent Cross could hear his own heart beating wildly in his chest, before the orb burst outwards. Waves of magic energy emanated from the epicenter in a fantastic and nearly blinding display of color and light.

The magic washed over Cross and he let out a breath he hadn't realize he had been holding. He felt a familiar pressure form in his head, though at a decidedly accelerated rate. In a heartbeat it has already progressed to aching pain. Another, it was almost agonizing as another wave of magic energy slammed into him. Behind him, he heard Romeo let out an impressive string of curse words and Banksy let out a more dignified and simple gasp. The pressure in his head continued to grow and black began to eat at the corners of his vision.

Falling back against the cold floor, Cross surrendered to the overwhelming nothingness of the Void.

1