Ch 25 | Ning Rong
40 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Elder conference?" The woman frowned for a moment and then her eyes lit up and she asked in agitation, "Did we find out?" 

 

Song Chao didn't know how to reply. He thought for a while and then concluded; since he didn't get an order to tell anything about what happened in the meeting, he just nodded his head.

 

But, this nod was enough for the woman to get excited. She held the hands of her daughter and said, "Song Chao, let's go."

 

"Yes, Queen," not daring to reject her tagging along, he bowed down towards her and then led her and the princess to the car, before driving back to the Ning Corporation.

 

"Mom, why is there an elder meeting? And why did Dad call me?" Jinying wasn't sure what was going on and thus she asked her mother, whose body was shining with a slightly golden hue, due to excitement.

 

A Super Saiyan!

 

"Oh.. you'll know when you reach there. And behave well there. The High Priest and many other elders of the clan might be present there." She stroked her daughter's head with love and said.

 

The Range Rover swiftly entered the Ning Corporation's parking.

 

The trio exited the car and headed towards the underground chamber. 

 

Ding… 

 

The elevator door opened.

 

Song Chao, Ning Jinying and her mother entered the meeting room.

 

But it doesn't quite look like a meeting room, the central table was replaced with a pile of sandalwood dust, chairs were thrown in the corner of the room, while everyone was standing and looking eagerly towards them.

 

'Hmm? It looks more like a riot party rather than a meeting. Did something happen here?' As experienced as she was as the queen of the clan and tribe, Jinying's mother guessed that something was not right.

 

Ning Qiang looked to the group of people entering the chamber and suddenly smiled, "Xiao Rong, you returned? It's good that you are here too."

 

Ning Rong, Jinying's mother and Ning Qiang's wife, nodded her head before replying, "Mhm… I returned back from the business trip, just this morning. I didn't find you at home and Jinying told me that you left early, so I guessed you were busy and thus I didn't notify you."

 

"Uhm… it's okay. It's actually good that you came here." Ning Qiang smiled and waved off the previous matter.

 

"Did something happen? Or did you get that thing back?" Ning Rong smiled and asked with glint expectation visible in her eyes.

 

"Oh… it's like this, I arranged a marriage for Jinying." Ning Qiang didn't know how to answer her questions and thus he ignored them straight and got straight to the point.

 

"Ah?!" Ning Rong and Jinying both were dumbfounded.

 

Weren't we just talking about this?

 

Was Ning Qiang joking?

 

"Jinying, father arranged a marriage for you. Do you agree with it? But, even if you don't agree it doesn't matter, we'll just call the marriage off." Ning Qiang stepped forward, towards his family, rubbed her daughter's head and asked.

 

He didn't mention anything related to Dragon God Fruit. He wanted to know her true decision and did not want her to make a decision under any pressure.

 

Jinying bit her thin lower lip and bowed her head down to think for a while.

 

This was too sudden. Although she was just chatting with her mom about this, at last, she was just a young girl. How will she know how to respond?

 

Ning Rong didn't understand what was going on, but she still didn't interrupt directly, rather she sent a telepathic message to Ning Qiang, "Qiang, what's going on? With whom did you arrange the marriage of our Jinying? She's still so young."

 

"Xiao Rong, I know she's still young but I don't have any other option. As for the future husband of Jinying... See, he's standing there in the corner with Elder Chen." Ning Qiang similarly didn't speak loud and sent a telepathic message to his wife.

 

'Elder Chen? The high priest is here?' Ning Rong frowned and she scanned through the room before her vision stopped in one corner, where a young man in his early twenties was standing beside a man in an ancient hooded jacket. While the man in an ancient hooded jacket was touching the forehead of the man with his finger.

 

'That's Elder Chen!' Ning Rong confirmed the identity, 'But, why is he standing in a corner, performing knowledge impartation on that young man? Wait! Is he the man?'

 

She looked at the man from head to toe and the more she looked at him, the more she frowned. The man was quite young, in his early twenties just like Jinying. There wasn't anything special about his face nor was his cultivation level too exceptional. In fact, she wasn't able to see his cultivation at all. With no spiritual qi leaking from his body, he was just like a normal human.

 

But then, her gaze fell on the boy's left hand. 

 

"Dragon scales on just hands… The manifestation of…" Ning Rong's body trembled and she wasn't even able to finish her words.

 

"It's not an illusion, they really are what they look like. He turned into a dragon just yesterday….." and then Ning Qiang told everything that happened in the room in the past few hours.

 

Ning Rong sighed after listening to the turn of events that occurred in this room and then fell silent for a while to digest the information.

 

Even for her, all of this was too sudden.

2