Ch 28 | He is a dragon
97 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Are you loving the story?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.

"Ok since you already know about this, you should also know about the reason for my nickname?" Suppressing his fury, Wang Ming's voice turned grave as he asked.

 

Since she knows about the name then she should also know about the reason for that name. Now, it should be easy to make her step back.

 

Ning Jinying did not uncover her face but still nodded her head in acceptance. She was really shy about shouting out the name ‘Crazy Romeo’ after accepting the marriage proposal. 

 

Naturally, while her friend told her about this 'Crazy Romeo', she told her about Luo Qiqi and Wang Ming, including his emotional breakdown after the death of the former.

 

In fact, Ning Jinying was emotionally touched and her heart was moved after listening to such a touching story at that time. She even wished to get a lover as loving as Wang Ming. But, never in her craziest and wildest dreams did she imagined, that she'll be marrying the same, 'Crazy Romeo'.

 

After getting his answer, Wang Ming didn't beat around the bush and directly approached the main topic.

 

"I still love Qiqi. And probably won't be able to get out of her love, ever in my life. If you still want to marry me, a man who probably won't love you in his whole life, I'll also agree to it." 

 

After listening to him, Ning Rong and Ning Qiang saw Wang Ming in another light. He wasn't like everyone out in the world. Like other people who might give you false hope but then let you fall down brutally when you are at the peak, just because of their own benefits. He didn't not give Jinying any false hope and just told everything clearly even after he knows, the only way to save her apart from this marriage is his death.

 

He's going to marry Jinying in an attempt to save her life. If he wanted, he could have just created a false illusion of love between them. And just leave afterwards even if the treatment succeeds.

 

But, he didn't do that. He said everything clearly, leaving no space for any misunderstandings. This way, he unintentionally built a foundation of trust between them. A foundation that's needed between true partners.

 

Also, after listening to this honest confession, Jinying removed her hands from her face. And her crimson face came into Wang Ming's vision. She chuckled lightly, "You don't have to worry about this. My dad might have probably told you about this, I don't have much time to live. I just wish to spend my remaining time, enjoying every type of joy present in life. So, I still agree with it. My dad will always choose best for me."

 

Wang Ming was stunned, so were Ning Qiang, Ning Rong and other elders.

 

They did not think that Jinying would be thinking so deeply. As to get a genuine answer from her, they did not tell anything about the Dragon God Fruit and its relation with Wang Ming. But, she just accepted it as a choice made by her father to fulfil her and his dreams.

 

Wang Ming suddenly felt a jolt of heat. A feeling that he has not felt from past years, leapt up. And he suddenly felt an urge to protect the girl in front of him. But before he could understand everything, his vision darkened and fell down on the ground with a loud crash.

 

"Ah!" Jinying shouted, looking at the man falling towards her and stepped aside unconsciously. But, in the next moment, she saw the man lying down on the ground not moving in the least.

 

She turned towards her father and asked, "Dad, what happened to him? I did not do anything."

 

Ning Qiang was dumbfounded likewise. It was already the second time Wang Ming fell down in front of him. He shook his head, "Jinying it's not your fault. Elder Chen, what happened to Little Ming?"

 

"Nothing much, his dragon spirit is awakening. He'll be able to start cultivating after he wakes up." Elder Chen analysed the condition of Wang Ming and replied back.

 

Dragons work like that. They are not born with innate ability to cultivate, just like humans. After they are born, their body slowly accumulates dragon energy present in them and then uses it to break the shackles of heavens to awaken their dragon spirit and start cultivating.

 

Ning Qiang and Ning Rong sighed in relief and a glint of ecstasy flashed through their eyes, knowing Wang Ming can start cultivating soon. After all, that’s the way to save their daughter.

 

The earlier he starts, the better there are chances for him to reach the spirit fusion state. Even though everyone knows, it's near to impossible.

 

"Ah, he is a dragon? But, my friend told me, Crazy Romeo is a normal human. He doesn't even cultivate human cultivation technique." This time it was Ning Jinying's turn to get stumped. Was her friend wrong? 

3