Chapter 13: Meals Are Most Delicious When Eaten Together
75 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hopping out of the river, Haruto saw the brave little rabbit's face filled with relief when it saw their safe return. This moved Haruto's heart. Returning to the fire, Haruto changed back into his regular gear and began petting the brave little guy as he stared at the starry night's sky. Bluey seemed to have learned his lesson and no longer underestimated the little rabbits. He quickly gorged upon the delicious carp. 

Sura, on the other hand, appeared to be fatigued after consuming all that water and fighting for so long. He went to sleep near the fire, his body began to shrink as the excess water evaporated. 

Shiki was in a similarly exhausted state, but he still scarfed down some carp to taste his well-earned victory. With the fire roaring and warm food in everyone's bellies, a relaxed environment was formed. The rabbits feasted upon the fish and jumped back and forth between mullets and carp in excitement. 

Before going to sleep, Shiki handed Haruto a jar filled with something. Haruto popped the top off, and the aroma of sweet soy sauce smashed into his nose. Shiki gave him a wink, and a ribbit came out as if saying, "I got you, bro." Haruto poured a good heaping on his carp, and just one bite into it put him on cloud nine. His face contorted from pleasure, and tears ran down his eyes. 

The brave rabbit, noticing the tears rolling down Haruto's face, sniffed the jar, then nibbled on a carp Haruto had dipped in it. The little guy loved it and entered a similar state as Haruto. Haruto couldn't help but smile at this. Something good is best shared with friends. The other rabbits, noticing the phenomenon, attempted to try the sauce too. Unfortunately, their stomachs weren't able to handle it. Haruto laughed as 49 rabbits went insane from bowel movements. They fought and ran over each other, hopping into the forest to relieve themselves. All the while, he and the brave little rabbit continued eating to their heart's content. 

"This may sound weird, but I believe our meeting is one of fate, my sweet soy sauce brother." The little rabbit nestled closer to Haruto and made happy little noises as if it couldn't agree more. 

"In that case, I shall name you Yuuta since you are so brave" Haruto smiled and began rubbing its little ears that perked up after hearing its new name. New title earned "friend of nature" (+5% chance of befriending animals) 

Yuuta snuggled into Haruto's arm and quickly fell into a slumber. The only ones awake around the fire were Haruto and Bluey. Bluey still looked dejected even after shoving his face so full of food. 

Doesn't he understand how much cuter the rabbits are compared to him? How dare he make such a face. Haruto stopped wasting his energy on the failed location boss and looked up towards the sky instead. A star streaked across the clear night sky. I wish to quickly gain the strength to protect myself and my new friends. Laying down with Yuuta on his chest, Haruto fell into a deep slumber. Unbeknownst to him, a new title was given to him, "Luck of the Shooting Star." 

Haruto woke up bright and early the next day to look at the new levels and other bonuses they got. A ding resounded as if to answer his inquiry. Congrats Level up to 65. 

Stats at Level 65:

Strength- 71

Dexterity- 71

Energy- 240

Mana- 65

Intelligence- 69

Luck- 69

Charisma- 69

Health: 7400

 

Secret Mission beat- 7 nation army couldn't hold me back (defeat over 7 enemies with levels at least 10 above your own) New Record!!!! Rewards: 3 large health potions, "No Luck All Skill Mach III (+30 attack when fighting a higher-level enemy. +15 agility), Sky Breaker Bow (Arrows made of wind +15 wind affinity damage, +10 attack when shooting a flying enemy, +5 damage in windy environments), 10,000 XP. 

Secret Mission beat- It's clobberin time (defeat over 5 enemies with your bare hands) Rewards: Herculean gloves (+20 attack when fighting with fists), lesser pill of strength X3 (adds +2 free strength, can only consume two lesser strength pills), 1000 XP 

Side Mission beat- Pro Fisher ( Go Fishing and catch a fish stronger than yourself) Rewards: Heavenly pole (+25% chance of catching a rare fish), 2 small hp potions, 500 XP. 

Special Mission beat- Master baiter (Use yourself as bait when fishing) Rewards- Special Lure ( infinite lure in inventory that attracts the prey of your choosing). Skill gained Taunt (When fighting an enemy taunts have a chance to lower their defense and make your attacks more powerful) 

Secret Mission beat- Shooting for the stars (Wish upon a shooting star and have it grant your wish). Aqdfkenf skill added, +10% luck when leveling up, three unknown perks added) 

"Hahahahahaha" what kind of luck is this? Did I max out my karma from the pathetic way I died in my previous life? I'm kitted out. This will shorten the amount of grinding I have ahead of me. Hell, with this kinda level up, I should be able to venture deeper into the forest.  Haruto stopped looking at his beautiful new level and looked over at his generals. Sure enough, they went through more changes. Shiki had grown another inch, bringing him to a respectable height of 5'7. The smoke from his pipe had turned from white to a purplish color signifying an increase in his poison's potency. His affinity with poison had increased to 30%. His white hair expanded down his neck. His wooden katana became an ancient oak katana II (+5 attack, +4 mobility, +15 attack in areas of dense forestry). The guy was still pretty simple, though, and began jumping around showing off his new height and level of 40. 

Sura had finally caught up in level, also making it to 40. A heat could be felt radiating from within him. His fire affinity had risen to 20%. He also gained a new ability called mimic, where he could take the form of any creature that was at his level or below. His hue had reached a crimson red, and he appeared to be able to change the temperature he gave off.

 Haruto let out a sigh when looking at the big oaf, who, after reaching level 50, had increased further in size. Barbs had grown out of Bluey's tail following his transformation. His water affinity had made it to 40 %. Both him and Sura had unlocked the ability to spiritually communicate, and he was bombarding Haruto with his stupid joy. 

Looking around, Haruto noticed all the rabbits had dispersed except for Yuuta. He reached to pick him up and felt the heat from his body. "You lucky dog, someone appears to be going through a transformation. For my Sweet Soy Sauce brother, I know the perfect place for you to transform." Quickly they cleaned up the old fire pit, collected some more river water, and then began heading back to their home. Haruto decided to skip grinding for the day to watch over Yuuta and make sure he transformed safely.

2