Chapter 21: Thomas’ Breakdown Of The World’s History For Dummies
67 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This world is called Titan in honor of the original God, who set to moving the mountains and oceans into existence. This happened over billions of years ago. Not much is known about the original God. Following the creation of the world, the original God perhaps in a state of exhaustion. Created many gods to watch over this world in his place. There were few major gods created and many minor ones. 

The first was the God of light Zeyana, who reigns over the sun and light. The gods beneath her banner include Thorin God of Mountains, Amara God of Fertility, and Ryu God Of Heat and Summer.

The second was the God of Darkness, Ezekiel, who reigns over the moon and darkness. Behind him was Atlantis God of the Sea, Malzahar God of Decay, and Kuei God Of the Cold and Winter. 

Certain gods were strong enough to stand alone, such as Kratos, the God of War. Beneath him were many minor gods related to battle. Such as Aphrotos God of the Hunt, Gin God of the Blade, and Daryun God of the Spear.

The fourth powerful God was Echo, who could be said to be the strongest. He was the God of time and destiny. Those in his faction are mysterious in nature and obsessed with fate. For example, The Fool God of Good Luck. Pandora, the God of the forbidden, and Evans the God of Knowledge.

After the original god disappeared the age of gods began. At first, this time was filled with peace as the gods dutifully looked over the world their father created. It is not known what exactly led to conflict, but peace did not last long before the God of darkness and light began to battle it out. The battle led to many minor gods' deaths, and the two gods significantly injured each other. It is believed that the world used to be a vast landmass. But the battle of the gods caused 2/3rds of the land to be submerged.

 With the declining population of gods, changes began to occur in the battle. Instead of battling each other, the gods started creating their own creatures to battle for supremacy. 

 It is said that the light God created humanity after the original god sent her a vision; thus, they bask in the sun but are blind in the dark. Currently, this is the dominant religion followed on the continent. Many human fanatics are present, and the other creations are subjugated and forced into slavery. Thorin created the dwarves and gnomes who live in the mountains. 

The dark God created the demi-humans supposedly in jealousy of the splendor that was humanity. But he was unable to fully replicate them, leading to creatures such as cat people, wolf people, bear people, and so forth. Atlantis created the sea-people who have aspects of many marine lives. 

The God of space and time created the eternal dragons who became so strong they rivaled even the gods, but their long life robbed them of their reproduction speed. Next, Pandora created the elven race whose beauty was even greater than that of the humans, so great it became a curse.

 With his love for war, Kratos created pale-skinned beings called Spartans who held brute force many times greater than humans, but they also lacked strong magic.

The first battle between the creations killed over half the original population within the world. Some rarer species became extinct, such as the phoenix, the bird-people, the Fool's angels who could bestow luck, and Amara's fairies.

 A peculiar thing happened following this battle. The blood of mortals and gods mixed with negative emotions birthing the false gods'. Abominations with unimaginable power that wished to destroy the world. Perhaps this was karma for in attempting to destroy each other the gods almost destroyed themselves. 

The false gods created monstrosities such as trolls, goblins, and orcs, who quickly reproduced and blatantly consumed all resources. Seeing this, the gods called a truce and began battling with the false gods. The combined powers of the gods of light and darkness pressured the false gods significantly. 

In a time of desperation, the false gods began a scorched earth campaign. They threw their creations in mass against the minor gods hoping to weaken the alliance. The battle between these gods went on for 1 million years until both sides were so exhausted, they went into a deep slumber. The false gods who lost 80% of their creations sacrificed a few of themselves and created a superior race of devils who ruled over the lesser demons. Devils were the antithesis to man, with unbelievable strength and power. The devils were so strong in magic their control rivaled if not surpassed the dragon. Demons were dumber but reproduced faster than goblins, healed quicker than the trolls, and enjoyed the taste of human flesh more than the orcs.

Luckily the battle between the gods had shaken the world, and the land of demons floated away. 

With the disappearance of all the gods, the age of creations began. The races of the false gods became sparsely littered throughout the continent following the slumber of all gods. A ceasefire was agreed upon by all creations. Most species were in tatters at the beginning of this new age, and it was uncertain who would triumph. 

This was especially true for the Spartans, who foolishly battled everything and everyone, including the gods. But one could not ignore their overall prowess. The greatest of their race had killed some of the lesser gods. 

In this time of peace, the humans quickly reproduced, combined with the sun's favoritism, they began dominating the continent. The elves and dragons who remained neutral throughout the war retreated into lands preordained by their God. The orcs, trolls, and goblins fled into barren wastelands because they considered all other races their enemies. The Spartans who knew little of peace continued hunting the false god abominations and worked as mercenaries for the humans.

The age of creations was not just in memoriam of the war ending, though. From the blood of the dead gods and false gods arose new creations and monstrosities. Whose origins are still hotly debated, such as giants, fairies, wyverns, and so forth. No one knows which God's blood birthed them. After a million years of peace, the races at the height of their own powers began another great war. This would spell the end of this era. 

In this war, the demi-humans and creatures of the false gods joined forces against the rising human power. The humans being the epitome of all creation had every good the other creations had with none of the bad. Humans, like the elves, could live for a long time in comparison with the other creations. The human reproduction speed was on par with the false god creations.

 It did not take long before human empires began encroaching on other races' lands. On top of that, it was not just one great human empire, but many who gladly banded together to split the lands when eyeing the other races. A tumultuous time began due to the greed of humanity, but what could the demi-humans and abominations hope to accomplish against such unbridled power. 

Much of the history behind this war is debated or missing, but we know that the humans instigated it and that they won it. A genocide campaign began with humans using the claim of being the only perfect creation in existence, so it was their mission to wipe out the imperfections. Such hubris against demi-humans and abominations were enough, but alas, making such a bold claim to the world was their undoing. 

From within the forbidden lands came the elves and dragons whose majesty rivaled the gods. The tide of war turned swiftly as millions of humans were incinerated. 

Seeing the situation like this, the human empires chose to hold firm in their beliefs and began a no retreat policy. Surprisingly the Spartans sided with humans, but honestly knowing their temperament, this should be expected. Millions of Spartans would gladly die just for the glory of killing one dragon. Even with the high empires of humanity, the few dwarven kingdoms, and gnomes, the combined forces of all other creations meant a war of attrition could only mean defeat. 

Here a famous quote arose "no matter the man's height, he is still a man if he bleeds next to his brothers." Not knowing their origin, the giants at first remained neutral, but a weird thing happened: a human giant half breed was born into the world. The giants took this as a sign that they were born from the God of light. Thus they were a part of man. The giants flooded the battlefield combined with the weapons of the dwarves. They were unstoppable in their onslaught against trolls, orcs, and even dragons. Man seeing such a sight, quickly accepted the belief that giants were their one true kin. 

The half breed named Beowulf led a combined coalition of giants, dwarves, spartans, and humans deep into the ancient forests of elves, setting it ablaze. Not one of his men from the coalition returned alive. Still, Beowulf's story is remembered, for he returned and muttered out the line "the elven land is ash" as he died due to injuries right after telling victory was achieved. 

The elves without their homeland and center of command quickly fell into disorder. Victory was thought to be assured, but the dragons became infuriated when they heard that the land of their God was burned down. An ancient dragon said to turn the ocean tides and bend the mountains themselves began a raze stretching from one end of the continent to the other. Not a single great human empire came out unscathed, and no one dared to block the ancient dragon's path. The war ended after the empires were set asunder. The humans proved to be more fortunate from the war as their populations remained mostly intact. 

The elves losing their homeland vanished for the most part, and only sparse numbers exist even to this day. The demi human's empires lost their influence and power, leaving only a few minor powers in the continent. Many have been forced into slavery. The dragons, perhaps exhausted or just bored from war, left the mainland and could scarcely be found today. 

The false god abominations, that filth took up residence in the abandoned lands of the other races and reaped major benefits from the war even in defeat. To this day, travelers can not be at ease when traveling through the forest or wastelands lest they be attacked. The great giants too disappeared some say after saving their fellow man they returned to the high mountains keeping watch to this day and waiting for the call of arms from their kin. Thus, the age of creations ended, and our current age of man had begun.

Haruto sighed, hearing the grand history. "Wow, now that sounds awesome. I should have come to that period. I could have been a great hero!!!"

Sucking up, Thomas complimented, "But of course, young master only you could have single-handedly won the war."

Feeling his ego being fed, Haruto commended, "Mhmm yea keep up the ass-kissing Thomas, and I'll make sure not to punch in your teeth, hahaha."

Hearing Haruto's carefree laugh, Thomas shivered as if he were still alive "very humorous young master shall I give the current period a run down?"

Haruto yawned and then nodded, "Yes, that history lesson was fine and all, but I need the current deets."

Happy to talk, Thomas exclaimed, "Of course, young master, I was merely setting the stage. Every great epic needs some exposition. Allow me first to speak of my era, then we can move onto this current one." I shall first awe him with the glory of my era. Even a being not from this world will respect such a monumental and advance time.

3