Chapter 43: The Sleeping Prince And A Peeping Thomas
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kentaro came out of the adventurer's building to find his two younger siblings were nowhere in sight. Letting out a sigh, he ran into the decrepit forest. Upon entering the forest, he noticed giant footprints going in the same direction. Thus he chased after them. Running at breakneck speeds, he scanned the gloomy forest that was now littered with downed trees most likely from his siblings. The further he went, the more desolate and eerie the forest became. Though it was only around 4pm, the forest had already begun showing the signs of night, the sun was utterly blotted out by thick dark clouds.

Halfway into the forest, he noticed signs of a battle, but he could tell the battle was not fought by his siblings. He studied the battle coming to the conclusion that it had happened recently. As he was about to check the battle closer, a long crazed roar shook the forest. Looking towards the direction of this roar, he noticed more trees knocked down with the same footprints. Kentaro massaged his head but ultimately ran towards the noises. 

 

In a cave, his two siblings battled giant illusory bears as they ransacked it, searching for the boy. The hibernating bears who were awakened so early attacked fearlessly at the two. 

The sister bulldozed forward, waving a giant hammer back and forth, bashing back the crazed bears. 

The brother had a great axe that he swung chopping the bears into mincemeat. Ten bears were visible in the cave, moving faster than any bear either of the two had seen before. If not for their battle sense, the two giants would have been killed some time ago.

The dark black bears vanished in and out of sight within the cave, as if ghosts. Their sharp black claws were near invisible. The two could only see the claws after their blood had stained them. 

The youngest brother, who was heavily clawed, had a giant grin on his face ignoring all attacks against him as he blindly swung his axe around. In his pure adrenaline rush, his eyes caught a small misplaced white bear trying to retreat. He chopped deep into the young bear with one quick swing, causing it to whine in pain before disappearing completely. 

The other bears seeing this roared loudly in anger with a tinge of fear, shaking the cave. All ten disappeared from sight after their roars like phantoms. Then one bloodthirsty rumble from deep within the cave began to resonate. 

The two siblings nodded at each other, both with enormous grins, completely forgetting about their mission. Banging their weapons against their chests, they roared back at the beast. 

Thomas, who was slowly making his way towards the wolves' den, shook his head in annoyance upon hearing the maddening roar. 

Kentaro, finally coming into sight of the cave, heard loud banging and roars coming from within. Exasperated, he dashed forward. Upon entering, he found his siblings battling a beast larger than even them. To think such monsters existed in the world. Kentaro took a moment to admire the creature. The beast was filled with numerous old scars and many new ones. As if warping space itself, the entirety of the bear could not be fully perceived. The paws absorbed the darkness merging them into the shadows. 

The bear appeared to be ready to battle for hours, perhaps even days.

 Conversely, The two siblings appeared to be very winded. With claws marks stained with dark energy scattered across their giant bodies.

Kentaro yelled to them, "Fumiko. Genki. This is the wrong cave."

Upon hearing Kentaro, the two tired siblings lowered their guard, walking out of the cave, completely ignoring the enraged bear. Seeing that the two invaders were leaving, the bear was baffled out of its frenzy. It expected a fight to the death against these giant humans. Instead, they left willingly. As if the bear was considering this its victory, it triumphantly clawed at the dirt near the cave's entrance and then disappeared back inside. 

Fumiko approached her older brother and slapped him across the head. She complained, "Why didn't you tell us that sooner? We fought those bears for nothing." 

Genki behind her continuously nodded his head in agreement, truly a peanut gallery in the making, which annoyed Kentaro. As if used to the treatment, he said nothing of the reprimanding. Now taking the lead, he shepherded the duo to the correct cave.

 

Having made it to the wolves' den, Thomas sent out flying eyeballs to observe. He jotted down anything and everything he saw happening in the cave. Ah, yes, they still lick each other clean perhaps if more freshwater was available, they would substitute licking for bathing. OOO, those young pups are greedily sucking from their mother's teat. I should collect some of the milk to check it for magical properties. Hmm, that one adolescent is really giving himself a deep clean.

Upon reaching the cave, Genki and Fumiko charged forward, running through all of the traps Thomas had painstakingly set up. The two ran around like bulls who saw the color red, not even slowing down when dark explosions began popping up. 

Kentaro patiently waited for his siblings to "disarm" all the traps. Trying to keep up with his sister, Genki accidentally set off the pitfall trap and plummeted out of sight. The only thing that could be heard was a long deep yell, which caused Kentaro to roll over laughing. Fumiko, in turn, triggered the dimensional trap. However, she ran through it, destroying the trap with her steps before it could fully activate. 

Genki reappeared from the pit, crawling after his sister as if his legs no longer worked, which incited more laughter from Kentaro. As Genki crawled forward, carnivorous plants appeared and nipped at certain spots they shouldn't have. In anger, he swung his great axe while on all fours, easily decapitating the flowers. Finally, he caught up to Fumiko, who had stopped moving and was sniffing her area peculiarly.

Seeing the strange action, Genki stopped crawling and shouted to her, "What wrong Oneesan?"

Fumiko stopped smelling and covered her nose in disgust. She fumed, "I think someone farted here."

Genki looked with a curious expression at his sister, then crawled where she was and began snorting about like a hog searching for truffles. "Eh, you're right…"

Kentaro was dying from laughter, but he immediately stopped laughing when a fog began to cover his siblings. 

Genki and Fumiko were unaware of the fog. They continuously sniffed around the area. Suddenly a chill went down Fumiko's spine. Looking up, she was greeted by a thick fog. To make matters worse, she noticed a sinister giant skull forming ahead. Genki, unaware of these changes, continued to scurry about on the ground, sniffing about. 

Once formed, the giant skull began spewing black ooze towards the two siblings. 

Seeing the ooze approach, Fumiko held her nose and began to search for Genki, who was currently snorting the air, completely unaware of the ooze. During a snort, he breathed in a hefty amount of ooze. Which he immediately began to choke on it. Fortunately for him, his gagging shook the fog, allowing Fumiko to find him. Seeing her brother gagging, she smacked his back with her full strength, until he threw up the ooze. 

With ooze seeping out his mouth and snot running down his nose, Genki smiled at Fumiko "Danks sis"

Fumiko shot him a thumbs up then began to drag him where she believed Kentaro and the exit would be. Wandering aimlessly, dragging Genki around, and cursing nonstop no matter which way she went, nothing but the fog was present. That horrid black ooze was also slowly filling up the fog. Getting annoyed, she pulled out her hammer. 

Flexing her muscles, she swung her hammer full force at the fog, which unsurprisingly did little to the fog except moving it around here and there. Seeing the weak result, a blood vessel popped up on her forehead, throbbing in indignation. In anger, she tossed Genki on her back, squatted low, then blasted off the ground into the sky, shooting out of the fog. Looking down, she saw Kentaro standing near the entrance, but before she could yell to him, the fog quickly rose to her spot and dragged her back into it. Back in the fog, the skull was now an ominous black with green patches. It had begun expanding. 

Outside the fog, Kentaro waited patiently for his siblings to get out of the trap. He was focused on thinking up ways to help Requis with the broken windows. Perhaps he should sell himself to one of the nobles as a bodyguard. Immersed in his thoughts, he was unaware that a Fumiko in the sky was pleading with her eyes for help. Soon, an idea came into his mind, why not use the reward money to pay for new windows? He could even afford some of Requis's favorite steaks. 

With that taken care of, he was now getting a bit worried. Usually, when his siblings rampaged, they would be loud, but this was too quiet. Maybe I should help. Pulling out a longsword, the length of Haruto, Kentaro prepared to swing it. He roared thunderously, "everyone duck!" Not waiting for a reply, he brought down the longsword, instantly cutting through the fog, the skull, and deep into the cave. The entire cave began to shake from the attack. The skull was vaporized from the swing, and the fog was displaced instantly. 

With the fog cleared, Kentaro saw his two siblings standing not too far from where his attack went off. 

Fumiko glared at Kentaro, running up to him and crushing him into the ground with her hammer. With her heart still beating furiously, she raged, "tell us to duck next time, you idiot."

Kentaro went limp after the attack going into a nice dream for his accomplishments at saving his siblings. 

Seeing his brother go limp, Genki decided to drag him into the cave loyally following behind his sister. 

Inside the cave, the two rummaged about. Upon finding a pile of treasures, they began shoving gold into their underwear. Once they were filled, Genki filled up the unconscious Kentaro's underwear until a significant bulge became present in his pants. After stowing the free gold, the two continued deeper into the cave until seeing some rooms. 

One door had a weird white milky aura rolling off it, that gave a sense of excitement as if begging to be opened. 

Another had a dark aura spilling out, giving off a more relaxed sense as if welcoming them to relax. 

The final just had a plain white door with no special sense at all. 

Seeing this, Fumiko began scratching her head in confusion. She was starting to regret knocking out Kentaro. 

Genki seeing that his big sis was having a hard time, thought really hard to help. Having a quick epiphany, he began kicking open the rooms using brute strength. 

Inside the milky aura room, a mysterious substance jumped about in the space. Upon seeing the door open, it dashed for freedom. Not seeing any boy in the room, Genki slammed the door back shut, not even paying attention to the thing.

Inside the dark aura room was a nice cozy-looking recliner and orbs showing various parts of the forest. Genki dragged the "sleeping" Kentaro to the chair and peeked over the orb catching sight of some weird skeleton creature intensely watching a wolf lick its jewels. 

Fumiko tried to enter the room, but a red-faced Genki blocked her path stubbornly, so she decided to check the last room. She kicked at the white door with about half her strength, but the door held firm causing her to stumble back. "Huh" She glared at the door as she angrily stood back up, pulling out her war-hammer. 

"Fucking door" With a single swing, the hammer blasted the door into not just splinters but fine dust. Inside on the floor, Fumiko found an interesting looking boy sleeping. Cautiously she approached him and began to poke him like she was interacting with a strange and bizarre creature.

The boy made no movement, so she began to poke him harder. Still, no response was made, so she did the only logical thing and tried to smash him awake with her hammer. I must see why this brat is worthy of master Requis. Right as the swing was about to touch him, an arrogant aura exploded from his body, causing Fumiko to retreat in fear. The aura was going berserk, trying to see who was trying to wake its host again. Last time it failed to scare the intruder away inadvertently, allowing its host to get a good beating. This time it'll give the intruder a heart attack.

Genki, standing outside, saw his sister back up in fear. So he rushed in and tried to chop Haruto up with his axe. This time the aura did not explode, but to Genki's surprise, his attack caused no visible damage to the boy. 

In fact, the boy was still sound asleep as if nothing had happened that was worthy of waking him. Genki looked to his sister for further instructions, but she was still in a daze. So, he decided to just take the boy back to the senile old man. Genki threw Haruto onto his shoulder, grabbed his sister under his arm, and dragged the "sleeping" Kentaro out of the cave.

Thomas, who had been staring at the wolves and writing three volumes worth of notes, was alerted to the destruction of Haruto's door in the cave. His undead face turned a paler white. In a gasp of fear, he panicked, "Dear me no. He has awoken. Must return before he tracks me down like a wild animal." In a flash, Thomas began sprinting back to the cave. Upon arriving back, he found all the traps had been sprung. Even worse, a substantial amount of his gold was missing. "Did the brat get fed up with me and already decide to find a new host?" 

Thomas rushed inside to find that three doors had been kicked open. "Kicking? No, he was more of a puncher. Who did this?" 

Thomas scurried to his study and tapped lightly on the orb. With that tap, the orb stopped showing the forest and showed the cave, but in front of the cave stood three giant strangers. Since when did humans grow so tall? But they still fall far short of the mythical giants. 

Thomas watched as the hooligans ran through his traps and stole his gold. Finally, Thomas watched one of the ruffians carrying out the other two, with a sleeping Haruto on his shoulder. Oh, I am going to be killed. Aren't I? Thomas fell lifelessly into his chair. The milky substance appeared from a room with an orb. Looking at the orb, Thomas watched as all the wolves in the cave left except for a few. Ah, seems like fortune and disaster really do come right after the other.

1