Chapter 52: Wrapping Up The Morning And Starting The Day
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After two hours, Haruto walked out of the bathroom, feeling refreshed, and swore to his poor colon to refrain from overworking it so often.

Everyone was gathered together around the bar, having small talk while waiting for Haruto to finish, except Thomas. He remained a safe distance from Fumiko. 

Leonard's eyes brightened upon seeing Haruto, "I hope my bathroom was adequate. It isn't much, but again all of mine is yours."

Haruto nodded in thanks, "It indeed was not much. But fear not my son. Remsama's apostle on Titan is here, and I shall ensure you no longer be forced to use sandpaper."

Leonard coughed awkwardly, hearing such talk, "Uh, thanks."

Haruto pulled out a seat as he continued somewhat mechanically. "That reminds me. My dear, dear, very dear son. Where might the beautiful barmaid from my first visit be? Is she employed by you, perhaps?" 

Leonard sighed, mistakenly believing Haruto was angered, "Please forgive her. She wasn't ignoring you on purpose. If it's an apology you want, take mine in her place."

Haruto blushed a bit, just thinking of the cute barmaid, "What are you on about? I was just going to ask if she was single and if she would stop by soon. Maybe perhaps today?" 

Leonard cheered up, hearing this "AH. Of course. Sorry, I'm too used to powerful people holding grudges. Clara is a good lass. It's just that the nobles beat her when she talks to anyone but them. Unfortunately, she is a slave, and although she works here, I am not her owner. Now that my bar is ruined, I doubt she will ever return. 

Fumiko shook her head, "Why must humans be so cruel…"

On the other hand, Thomas nodded as if this was a natural course, "Not surprising. Humans are currently the superior race. It only makes sense that they enslave the other ones." 

Fumiko glared at Thomas, "So you think we should be slaves?"

Thomas chuckled, "Only if you are weaker than humans. That is just how the world works, girl. The weak are meat, and the strong do eat."

Haruto smacked the laughing Thomas in the back of the head. That's my crush you are laughing at. "Where I come from, all are treated decently, and slaves are a thing of the distant past." 

Everyone was surprised to hear of such a claim, except for the unconscious Genki.

Kentaro whistled in admiration, "Where exactly are you from? To my knowledge, every human kingdom allows for slavery. If such a place exists, it must be a paradise." 

Haruto leaned back in contemplation. Well, I don't see why I can't talk about Earth. There's no rule about it in the isekai handbook. "I come from Japan. It is an island nation where everyone is treated as humans. We vote for representatives in the diet... Then they vote for a prime minister... Uh, I'm not really good with politics, but it seems to work pretty well."

Fumiko smiled, just imagining a place where everyone was treated as human, "I would love to visit it one day."

Thomas, the only one who knew Haruto was not from this world, was quite interested in their differences. Rubbing his chin, Thomas pointed out, "Even during my era, slavery was an accepted norm. To my knowledge, there has yet to be a society that does not have it. Your homeland would be an interesting topic. But my question is, why do you vote? I mean, wouldn't the most powerful person be best to run the state? Do you have no king to oversee the nation? It sounds like nothing will get done once disagreements arise."

Haruto scratched his head, trying to word it correctly. "Well, we have an emperor who is born into his position, but he is more of a figurehead nowadays. So the diet is in charge, and they pass laws. No one person is stronger than the next, really. Hence power comes from uh popular support, not being able to fight your political opponents."

Thomas finally had an aha moment, "So your system is similar to ours. Your emperor has a birthright, but your world's nobles hold power by reinforcing it with the masses. Instead of directly binding them, they indirectly do it with laws. Truly interesting. I wonder if such a system would be possible on Titan?"  

Kentaro raised a point "Such a place exists, but you are quite powerful, so is everyone as powerful as you? I'm surprised they are not well known. Such a force would easily be a superpower. I've heard special tribes exist throughout the world, such as the sea tribe, which makes safely traversing the ocean impossible. Perhaps you are from beyond the sea. Is that why you are unable to go back."

Haruto became dejected and frowned, "No."

Fumiko slapped the back of Kentaro's head, "Well enough small talk, how about we head out to meet master Requis."

Thomas nodded in agreement though he was hoping to hear more about the other world's society. "Agreed. The sooner we meet this mortal, the sooner we can head back to the cave." 

Kentaro lifted the unconscious Genki from the floor, "Well, if everyone is ready, we can head out and have breakfast there."

Haruto slapped both sides of his face to hype himself back up. Can't let my sorrow get me down. This is a DEFCON 1 scenario. "Indeed, I'm interested to see this master Requis. He must be powerful, maybe he can teach me some hidden arts. I won't be long Leonard, I shall return to discuss your future."

Leonard's neck almost broke from how quick he looked to Haruto with hope and a bit of fear, "My future?"

Haruto laughed, "Of course, with your bar in shambles, your future is quite uncertain. As a fellow follower of Remsama, it is my civic duty to help plot your course."

Thomas nodded in agreement, "There is room in the cave for him, and if you like, I may be able to modify your body into something stronger. Though, you wouldn't be human anymore."

The now frightened Leonard stammered some nonsense but didn't have any alternatives besides slavery. In the end, he nodded in agreement. 

"Then it's decided. Lead the way" Haruto walked towards the door, eager to meet a master of this reincarnated world.

Kentaro and his siblings quickly led Haruto and Thomas towards the adventurer's guild.

"So tell me about this, Requis," Haruto leisurely yawned as they made their way to the adventurer's building. Shall he be above the piss rating, or shall he disappoint the Great Samurai Haruto?

Genki grunted, "He is old and senile."

Fumiko smacked Genki in the back of the head. When talking of Requis, her overbearing attitude relaxed greatly, "He raised us after finding us on one of his expeditions. He is surprisingly caring and has treated us like his own children. You will like him, I'm sure."

The three siblings went on tangents about their opinions of Requis.

Genki focused on complaining about Requis and his unnatural strength, "When we first got back here, before gettin you. We, like good children, should. Made him some steak. The ungrateful bastard had the nerve to hit us. I swear he ain't human. He sent sis flyin, me flyin, and Ken flyin at practically the same time. I've never once beat em in an arm-wrestling match, not even when he was drunk."

Kentaro respected Requis greatly and spoke volumes of his wit, "You see, Requis did not have more strength than the crazed bear demihuman he was fighting. So instead of fighting him head-on, Requis retreated and antagonized him. As their battle went on, the demihuman became more and more enraged. Until finally, he lost the ability to think. That was when Requis chose to stop running. In a fit of rage, the demihuman jumped towards Requis. Using the demihuman's insanity to his advantage. Requis was able to dodge to the side, tossing the demihuman off a cliff."

Thomas snorted in ridicule, "An idiot could trick an insane person into throwing away their life with a little luck."

Kentaro shook his head in disagreement, "No, a normal person wouldn't have enough time to think, let alone trick, the bear. They would have been shredded to pieces. But Requis has both wit and strength to open his options. He took the time to antagonize the demihuman and further fuel his rage. Which is both dangerous but effective in having the opponent lower his guard. Even a rabid animal knows better than to jump off a cliff."

Haruto agreed with Kentaro as an avid gamer. He knew the use of tactics was just as important as strength, "Kentaro is right. When fighting, one must be not only strong but wily, so their plans are not limited. Good thing he wasn't at the bar, or I might have ended up having to fight him." 

Genki snorted, hearing Haruto speak of fighting the accursed old man, "You fight master Requis. He may have grown senile, but if sis, can't win. How could you?"

Haruto rolled his eyes. "Says the guy who lost to me in a battle of strength."

Genki huffed and punched the air in front of him, "I was drunk. That doesn't count!"

Everyone laughed at the display.

Fumiko pointed towards a building, "We are almost there, but a word of advice. Requis is very eccentric, so excuse his tendencies. He just likes giving a hard time to people when he first meets them." 

1