Epilogue: Victory At The Cost Of Many
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“NOOOOOOO” Eros’s long scream shook the area as he watched his opponent escape, in rage his aura bubbled off, evaporating the weak reanimated corpses. 

The surviving men seeing the enemy gone collapsed due to exhaustion, many slept on the cold hard ground without a care in the world. 

No one cheered but with the retreat of Thomas and Haruto, this battle could technically be called a win.

The barren landscape was filled with the bodies of those who gave their lives. Of the 4000 who arrived only 40 were alive that stayed. 200 had retreated back with the viscounts. This was the very definition of a pyrrhic victory and both their true targets escaped in the end.

Eros slumped to the ground lost in his own thoughts.

Clarence hobbled towards him and plopped down beside him. Both men remained quiet for some time.

Clarence raised his head and whispered, “I want to be strong.”

Eros didn’t reply as if he were deaf.

Clarence grew louder, “I want to be strong.”

Eros ignored him.

Finally, even though all his strength should be gone his wyvern blood exploded as he roared “I will become strong.”

1