Chapter 1
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reyanto ,Earth, Human Realm where light and darkness coexists.

The sun was dropping beneath the horizon, when Arthur looked outside the large, classroom window. His mid term marks were lower than ever, and extra classes had been scheduled for him along with his best friend, Edward, whose marks were on par with his.

The clouds were floating around the orange sky, free from all the customs of the world. He wanted to become a cloud and live his life in luxury with the orange sky.

"Could you please explain what I just said?" He could faintly hear a voice say.

"Arthur, you are screwed now," he Edward whispered in his ear.

It was when Edward whispered in his ear that he realised what was happening. He turned around to see the angry face of Mr. Jerry, his Science proffesor. He knew that he had messed up.

"Arthur! You have failed four out of five subjects in the mid terms. There is not a lot of time left with you for deciding your future, and here you are looking outside the window, staring at the birds when all the teachers are trying their best to make you both score better," he said.

"I apologise, sir, but I was not staring at the birds. I was looking at the clouds, they are so free. Right?" Arthur replied, no sense of guilt in his voice could be heard.

"Shut up! Go home you both. It does not even look that you are interested in studying today. I will inform you about the next class tommorow," Mr. Jerry said.

Arthur got up and in an I stant he had his bag on his shoulder, ready to leave any second. This was the fastest action he had done in his entire lazy day.

Mr. Jerry looked at his ungrateful face in disgust. He had made a lot of expectations from him. He knew that Arthur had a lot of potential, but he was too lazy to give it a thought.

"I am sorry about him, sir. I know you have a lot of expectations from us, and we are trying our best," Edward said, as he got up to leave. Arthur had already left, and was probably waiting for him in the hallway.

"I know you both since ages. You both are not even trying to achieve something. You need to start pursuing your career from the next year. Don't think that I will always be there to support you. You will not be schoolers anymore after your finals," Mr. Jerry said. If looks could kill then Edward would be dead.

"Yes yes, Me. Jerry. May I take your leave now?" Edward said, almost sounding unconcerned.

Mr. Jerry nodded his head, as Edward dashed out. Arthur was standing there, leaning on the walls.

"You took ages. What was that old man babbling about?" He said.

"Arthur. This is not funny. He is concerned about us and he wants us to live our lives with dignity. For that we need to study," Edward replied. His eyes were staring right into Arthur's. 

"I am hearing, you two," a voice called from back.

"Ah! Mr. Jerry. We forgot about you. I apologise for Arthur's behaviour again," Edward turned to him and said.

Before he could answer, Arthur grabbed Jerry's hand and dashed down the staircase, dragging Edward with him. He did not care about Mr. Jerry. All he thought about was escaping from this hell called school.

"Arthu-" he could hear Mr. Jerry shout from behind, as his voice faded away.

They finally reached the ground floor, the school gates in front of them. Edward was panting like a dog, his face red with the sudden andrenaline rush.

"Sorry, I guess suddenly running long distances does not suit you," Arthur said, with a pich of fake guilt in his voice.

"Don't screw with me. You already knew that I am having breathing issues and can't run fast, still you keep playing tricks with me, and then ask for forgiveness," Edward said, still panting.

"You look like a dog when you pant."

"Shut up!"

They started walking at the stone road, trees decorating the sides of the path. They lived in a small town, and every person was important to the growth of the town. Everyone had high hopes from them, even though they did not excel in academics.

"Tell me, Arthur, what have you thought about your future? We need to start deciding about it now," Edward said.

"Screw all that. I will become a cloud and float around carelessly, looking around at the hardworking humans," Arthur replied as he smirked.

"I was not joking, be serious sometimes. I am thinking about your future, or do you want to be stuck in this small town forever?"

Arthur's face turned red. The atmosphere changed suddenly, almost radiating his anger around. 

"Stop acting as if you are my mother or girlfriend, I don't need anyone to well-wish about me. Mind your own business," he said as he started to run towards the big cherry tree, beside which his small house was located.

He had gotten an orpan-tag, since his father had abandoned him, leaving him under the cherry tree. An young, widowed lady who lived in the house beside it had discovered him and taken care of him. Without her he would certainly be dead.

He opened the wooden door of the brick house with a loud band, startling the lady, whom he thought was his biological mother.

"Arthur! You had a fight with Edward again? You almost killed me with fright today," she exclaimed, her eyes were carefully examining Arthur's face for his reaction.

"He does not need to think about my future, I don't need to leave this town. This is my home, and I don't want to leave you alone," he replied, as he slammed the door behind him. He might act cold in front of others, but he could never even think of hurting his mother emotionally.

Her eyes became wet and she started crying. 

"Mothe-," he was cut short by her weeping.

"You never think about me or about anyone else. All you think about is yourself, even after I have slaved for years to feed you," she said, tears flooding out of her eyes.

"Even you?" He said as he dashed out of the house, leaving the door wide open behind him. He could not bear the fact that everyone wanted him to leave the town, just for earning some money.

In such times there was only one place where he could find peace of mind. An abandoned building was located near his brick house.

He climbed up the old, dusty stairs of the building to reach the terrace. Wind was blowing fast, and not a soul was there on the terrace. He walked up to the ledge to look down, and then sat on it facing the outer side.

He could see the road below. Nobody was walking or driving on it, because it was the time when everyone was relaxing in their houses.

He looked down again, and noticed the height at which he was sitting. If he slipped and fell then it would be highly unlikely for him to survive without having any serious wound.

A thought crossed his mind. What if he could just jump, and end all the misery? 

0