Prologue
416 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under a rainy night, a young girl hung her head low as tears flowed down her cheeks. Her tears however hid among the droplets falling unto her head. The girl may be too young, she did not cry befitting of her age. She just stood and let her tears fall down in silence.

Her muddy hand hung weakly as the rain slowly washed it off, her clothes drenched in the rain, and the cold crawling all over her body. In front of her was a newly covered grave.

The grave was not a lavish one, nor was it an ordinary one. It was more simple. There was no gravestone placed over it but a mere plain stone.

“Rume, I finally found you. Why did you come back here?”

An old man’s voice reached her ears from behind.

“I want to be with mama.”

“It’s raining strong, you’ll get sick if you stay here.”

The old man covered Rume with a large cloth.

“Why did this happen, Mr. Esmon?”

The little girl asked the old man. He knew what and how it happened, but he couldn’t answer. He didn’t know how to say it, especially to a devastated little girl. The girl saw everything, but definitely a girl her age couldn’t understand it, not a single bit.

In her eyes, probably. It all happened suddenly without knowing why. She was undoubtedly in intense shock.

“Let’s go back, Rume. We’ll come and visit tomorrow, okay?”

The little girl was unresponsive for a moment before nodding.

12