Chapter 10: I Will Teach You
202 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bursts of wind crashed down as the dragon slowly and carefully landed. Green vines grew from the ground and formed a staircase before Rume and Lein. Seeing this the second time, Rume still couldn’t help but feel amazed.

Magic is amazing.

Rume said in her mind as she went down the stairs with Lein holding her hand. She looked up at the beautiful mage. A strange warm feeling stirred up inside Rume’s heart. Was it gratefulness? She couldn’t exactly tell what it was, but it was a pleasant feeling. The same occurrence not only happened with Lein, but also with the dragon, Galeila. Rume felt comfortable in their presence.

They took and showed her many incredible things that she never hoped she could see in her life. She must show them that she appreciated it. When her feet finally touched the ground, she turned around and bowed her head.

“Thank you very much for showing me a lot of things.”

It was silent for a while, then shortly she felt a hand patting her head. She raised her head and found a smiling beautiful sorceress.

“It was nothing. Such things are trivial matters. But at any rate, you’re welcome.”

“Let’s do this again, Rume. Say, what about tomorrow, yes? What about we meet here again tomorrow morning? Is that fine for you, Lein?”

“Of course.” Lein said with no hesitation. “What about you, Rume?”

Rume’s eyebrows went up. She wanted to. She wants to experience more amazing things. It was fun, very fun. Perhaps this is fine. They were kind towards her. And as they were friends, she can hang out with them, she can trust them. If they are fine with Rume coming along, then Rume will accept their offer.

“I’m coming with you.”

“Great! I wouldn’t have gone when you’re not coming.”

“Really?”

“Yup. Alright, we should go back to the village.”

“Okay.” When Rume turned around, she abruptly stopped. Not that she did it on purpose, she was just shocked. “Huh?”

The once beautiful garden was in ruin. The colorful flowers now lying flat on the ground. Other plants were the same. In short, every small plant that grew on the garden was ruined, some may already be dead, squashed by the wind from earlier.

“Ah, how cruel of you Galeila. How could you do this to the once beautiful garden.” Lein said with a slight trace that she was teasing.

“Mm, sorry about that. The great tree could have restored them, but it’s slow at the moment. I will take care of it.”

Galeila said nonchalantly. The ground illuminated with the color green, it was a gentle and captivating sight to behold. The light then gradually engulfed every plant within its reach. The flowers shone with magnificent colors and slowly rose up from the ground returning to their former bloom.

Not only that, but tiny new flowers sprouted from the soil. The same happened to every kind of plant caught in the light.

So beautiful. Magic is amazing! I wish I could also do that.

That was Rume’s true feelings. After seeing magic in action, she began wanting to be able to also do that too. But there was no way she could learn something as amazing as that. At the very least, she could commit these moments into memory and mark it as one of the most important things that happened in her miserable life.

“Show off.”

At hearing Lein’s remark, Galeila smirked and laughed in amusement. “What? Are humans still unable to do that?”

“...I’m afraid so. Such a high-level kind of magic, even I couldn’t do something like that nor the ones higher than I.”

Rume was surprised upon hearing that even Lein couldn’t do that. It was not that she had seen Lein’s full capabilities, it was just because of her imagination and expectation of Lein being a powerful mage.

Incidentally, her admiration towards Galeila increased fivefold.

“Are you alright, Rume? You’ve been quiet all this time.”

“Um, nothing. I was just thinking how amazing magic is.”

“Mm. Is that so? Do you like it?”

For some reason Lein’s eyes were glittering with excitement. Rume could hear Galeila sigh in the background. Why was that? Rume had no idea.

“Rume Rume! Say, do you like it?”

“Uh?” Somehow Rume felt a strange vibe in the air. “I like it very much. It is interesting.”

“Aaaah! Good for you Rume!”

What Rume failed to realize was that the reason for Lein’s intense excitement that she could devour Rume at any time, was because Lein found someone she could share her skills with and perhaps someone that could relate to her. Like how one becomes excited when they meet someone with the same hobbies and interests as them.

No, that was not entirely the case. There was another desire underneath her excitement and enthusiasm. And her next words gave a hint about what that would be.

“In that case! I will teach you!”

Rume was dumbfounded and speechless. She never expected something like this would turn up.

“What do you say, little Rume? Come one, all you need to say is ‘yes’.”

“I just want to know, Lein. Have you taught anyone before?” Galeila asked.

“Nope. But don’t underestimate me. I have seen others teach, and experienced many hardships! I believe I can teach just fine. Besides, you’re the one who taught me in the past, right? I figured it would be nice if I could also teach someone.”

“Ah… Indeed, it would be nice.”

“So, your answer Rume?”

As one of the most interesting things she discovered, she wanted to know how to do magic. If they were fine with teaching her, she had no reason to decline. In contrast, she was so happy to the point she wanted to jump around that she could have a chance to learn what she was interested in. Reflecting her emotion, she formed an adorable smile and gave her answer.

“Please teach me!”

Lein laughed in happiness. “Then in that case, if we have a moment to spare tomorrow, I’ll teach you. But for now, let’s take you home!”

Rume nodded vigorously and they went back to the village.

 

Thanks for reading.

Also, our Internet Service Provider will be having a maintenance. For several days! uuuugh. This sucks. Thus, I might not be able to post for a while? But still depends.

This chapter is scheduled to be posted, so this would be posted even when I'm offline....

As for the next chapter.... still deciding the title hehehe. Truth be told, I'm bad at names and titles.

So yeah, thanks again for reading.

10