chapter 1
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

James awoke on the ground. He sat up slowly and looked around trying to get his bearings. Where am I? he thought. And whats going on? He couldnt remember anything. All he knew was his name.

            Suddenly he looked up and froze. He finnaly began paying attention to his suroundings only to realize what he thought was a building was a tree. He looked up and up and up to try seeing the top, but he couldnt see it. It was just a green blur. The trees were huge. Everything around him seemed to have grown to monsterous praportions.

            "Hello? is there anyone there?" he yelled. getting no response he decided he could do two things. Lay here and mope, or get up and try to figure out whats going on and work on keeping himself safe.

            He got up and chose a direction to walk. Looking up at the sun he set off tword the west. He wanted to find a source of water soon. how do I know this survival stuff? Did I learn it or is it just instinct? He walked for what seemed like miles, until he finnaly walked past the third tree he had found. It took forever.

            He had heard some loud sounds that he knew were crickets and squirles and even a birds. Though how he knew this he couldnt remember. He decided not to focus on that and instead work on survival. He looked around and found a small hole in the tree about up to his knee and decided this would be a good start. after all the grass was up to his chest and there was enough plant life to indicate frequent rainfall, so there had to be watter here somewhere.

            He searched around his feet and found a rock and twig which he then began working together to turn into a spear. He then used it to make the whole bigger. After a few hours he had it large enough to sleep in with what was a bolder to him to cover the door. He gathered up some Nuts that had fallen from the tree. This would have to do till morning.

He then gathered as many twigs as he could and put them in the hole. He rubed the twigs together Soon he had a nice little campfire. He sealed himself in,being carfull to leave a big enough gap at the top for the smoke to get out, and began using the spear to split the nuts open.

            After he got it open and began eating he heard some scratching noises outside. He grabbed his spear and turned to the makeshift door watching for movement of any kind. Something was scratching at the rock trying to move it. He grapped a stick out of the fire and stabbed it in the ground in front of the rock.

            The rock was quickly pulled out and there stood a giant coon. He stayed back as far as he could hoping it wouldnt see him or try reaching past the fire, but it reached a giant paw in and tried grabbing him around the middle.

            He stabbed at the paw, and it jerked back. He hoped it would leave, but that thought was short lived as it came back faster and this time actually succeded in picking him up. It yanked him outside and carried him up the tree before sitting on the branch. It was about to take a bite out of him when all of a sudden It froze.

            It turned its head around and stared at something before dropping James and running away. James looked around quickly and saw a strange glowing face It was as though the tree had a flaming face. He stared at it in aww. He had no clue what to do or think.

            "I hope you dont mind, but I borrowed some of your fire. I been watching you since you showed up here." A voice said from behind him. He turned and saw a women standing there. She had black curley hair and was wearing cloths made from squieral skin. She was about his hight and carried a bow on her back. "The name is Shirley. Dont know anything about my past, but I Know now that I can do anything. Whats your name and where ya from?" she said with a thick sothern accent.

            "Im James. How long have you been out here?" He asked, "And are you alone out here?" He looked around quickly.

            "Nice to meet you James. Ive been here for about a month. I woke up in a tree for some reason and had no memories. I do know I havent seen anyone around here before you. Figured I could use the help and you might could use some yourself." she said. "What do you think? Wanna work together?" She asked offering a hand.

            "Well I cant do much worse than I am now. You did just save me from being eaten." he said shaking her hand. "Where to?"

            "This way to camp." She said. She walked to the edge of the branch and reached down. She wrapped a rope made from spiderwebs around a small peice sticking out of it before attaching the other end to an arrow and firing it away. She pulled out a pair of twigs shapped like a U and handed one to him before using hers to hang from the rope and slid away.

            This women is crazy, but It will be nice to have some company. Lord only knows what else would happen on my own.

 

0